The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of France

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-30-2009, 03:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
About the Luis Alfonso and Maria Margarita of Borbon, I think prince Jean, his fiancee and the couple were recently pictured together at Versailles, so the relations must be cordial enoguh. Still if the othe duke and duchess of Anjou receive an invitation it might lead to an embarrasing situation.
Sure! But there is only one true duke d'Anjou and it's Luis Alfonso de Bourbon, not Charles-Philippe d'OrlÚans. The count de Paris gave him this title but he had no right to do that.

Old 01-30-2009, 03:49 PM
Courtier

Oh my ---
I have always thought that since the split between the old Comte de Paris and his wife in the 1990's that the family (grown children) was also divided.
At family weddings, there would usually be the old Comtesse and not the Comte and vice-versa. Also, this seemed to pertain to the children.
This is a shame. I think that maybe there was a reunion of sorts at the memorial Mass in Paris for the old Comtesse.
It will be interesting to see just who shows up for this wedding.

Old 01-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Gentry

To tell you the truth at some point we were (christie's people and me as i was a consultant on that auction) a bit lost considering all the aspects of that collection; We had to try to organise the catalogue and there were so many small items we had to make lots. Apparently we made a mistake on one of them and you benefited from it, that is nice( i don't know the exact story).
Appart from all that has been said on this board concerning that auction (Why ? It is sad... and so on...), i must say that it remains a very happy memory for me as i was lucky to spend three months with these objects and then the all mood of the event was really nice, polite and friendly. Not to mention my own personal acquisition.
You can say all you want about the orlÚans family, but i must admit that all of them are interesting and very well educated people.
Old 01-30-2009, 04:41 PM
Gentry

sorry, i forgot to say that the last post was an answer to maria olivia's question; As for your question Marengo, i do not think there will be any official gala before the actual wedding. Or if there is, it will be private.
Old 03-04-2009, 05:13 PM
Aristocracy

Jean de France and his fiancÚe at the bal of the Order of Malta in Madrid :
http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/nr01/?p=9309

... and here is the stamp in the arms of the prince Jean and his fiancÚe Philomena de Tornos who appears on the invitation card sent on the occasion of their wedding on May 2nd of this year in the cathedral of Senlis :
http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/nr01/?p=9214
Old 03-09-2009, 06:15 AM
Aristocracy

Here is another article about the wedding in the newspaper Le Courrier picard : Le Courrier picard - Mariage royal en la cath├ędrale - Info r├ęgionale - Actualit├ęs - Votre actualit├ę quotidienne locale, r├ęgionale et nationale - Information Picardie, Somme, Oise, Aisne

The journalist doesn't know much about the french royalty ; he says that Jean de France is the direct descendant of the duchess of Berry and king Charles X. It's totally wrong. He is the direct descendant of king Louis-Philippe yes, but absolutly not of king Charles X who has no descendants since Henri the count of Chambord. His descendance is extincted.
And he says that Philomena de Tornos' grandfather was Juan de Tornos ; FATHER of king of Spain Juan Carlos! Incredible!! Juan de Tornos was the responsible for the secretary's office of Juan de Borbon, count of Barcelona, in exile in Estoril at this time.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:21 AM
Super Moderator

But there are descendants in the female line of the Duke and Duchess of Berry. Their daughter Louise married Duke Carlo III. of Parma and they had children.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-09-2009, 07:10 AM
Aristocracy

Oh sorry! You are right!
Jean de France's maternal grandmother the Archduchess Rosa of Austria, wife of Philipp Duke of WŘrttemberg, was the daughter of Peter Ferdinand, Granduke of Toscana. Peter was the son of Ferdinand IV of Toscana and Alice of Bourbon Parma. Alice was the daughter of Charles III, Duke of Parma and Louise Marie de France. Louise Marie was the daughter of Ferdinand, Duke of Berry, son of king Charles X.
It's a bit complicated! lol
Old 03-09-2009, 07:24 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks. Only now after you say so i realize that Prince Jean is a descendant of Charles X. through his maternal grandmother. I wanted only to point out that there are descendants of Charles X.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-09-2009, 11:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

And a descendant also of Henri V , Duc de Bordeaux , Comte de Chambord..cqfd..
Old 03-09-2009, 12:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
And a descendant also of Henri V , Duc de Bordeaux , Comte de Chambord..cqfd..
No as Henri had no children. It's through his sister.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 03-09-2009, 01:33 PM
Aristocracy

True. Nobody can pretend to be the descendant of Henri V, Count of Chambord.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Indeed , you are right .. but it is interesting that Prince Jean through his grand-mother Wurtenberg he is a descendent of King Charles X ..
Old 03-13-2009, 07:31 AM
Courtier

From Le Figaro newspaper:
The civil wedding of Prince Jean, Duke of Vend˘me, and Miss Philomena de Tornos will take place on 19th March at 4 PM in Paris.
The French Minister of Justice Ms Rachida Dati will officiate.
Another source: http://fr.news.yahoo.com/51/20090313...n-0111c6b.html
Old 03-13-2009, 12:31 PM
Aristocracy

Oh noOo!! Please not Rachida Dati! It's a shame!
Old 03-13-2009, 02:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

I read it also , that is sad.. I hope her bling bling will not stole de show.. That event will certainly be Point de Vue's first page.. sad sad
Old 03-13-2009, 02:52 PM
Courtier

Trust me, I also jumped on my chair reading this...

But even with a "bling-bling" mayor, there is still the religious wedding to look forward to!
Old 03-13-2009, 04:08 PM
Aristocracy

That's exactly what I think.
The Justice Minister Rachida Dati is too "bling-bling" to be the ideal mayor for this event. She will try to be the star instead of Prince Jean and Philomena and, like said maria-olivia, try to be on the first page of all magazines.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:23 PM
Gentry

Might interest you as it will public tomorrow, in pdv, the engagement ring is a pink saphire designed especially by alain Cartier, a descendant of the famous jewellers.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Vincent , concerning the PdV of to-morrow, are you involved in the interview of the FiancÚs ?? Thanks for the first page..
By the way , did you receive the traditional wedding annoncement ?