Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Good news!

Old 09-12-2007, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

How Did I Miss This??!

These two are my favorite Gotha couple(along with Cristina and Inaki(Spain). They are beautiful together and seem so much in love.

I was hoping that they would make an announcement soon!

Old 09-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Serene Highness

other Charles, other Diana

Fotobanka isifa image service
Old 09-12-2007, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Lets hope their marriage is successful. :)
Old 09-12-2007, 08:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane View Post
It is official: the prince Charles-Philippe of Orléans is engaged, since today, with Diana, duchess of Cadaval. The wedding is to take place in Evora, in Portugal, in June.

Question, will the children of this union take the title of Dukes/Duchesses of Cadaval, since the bride-to-be is Duchess de Cadaval in her own right, or will they take the title "d'Orleans" after their father Charles-Philippe?

Thank you to anyone who can answer!
Old 09-13-2007, 04:52 AM
Aristocracy

Their patronymic name would be "d'Orléans" as it will be their father's name, unless they follow Portuguese use of chosing among ancestor's names, but I don't think it is probable.
About the duchy of Cadaval, Philippe Delorme, journalist at "Point de Vue", had the duke of Bragance himself on telephone, who told him Diana would be duchess of Cadaval for life, then her sister and her sister's children would get it, as it was the wish of their father, and as the duke of Bragance is entitled to do. Philippe Delorme gave this information in "Regalis Genealogia", a Yahoo! Group.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Interesting...So Diane will be HRH Princess Diane, Duchess de Cadaval after the wedding? Or simply HRH Diane d'Orleans, Duchess de Cadaval?
Old 09-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Aristocracy

It depends in which language : in hispanic countries, women keep their birth name. Anyway, she would be royal highness by marriage, and duchess of Cadaval by herself. I do not know if this title can be worn by the husband, I think it can.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:23 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
They are beautiful together and seem so much in love.
And they were using every opportunity they could get to show us their love for each other... .

What do they do for a living btw, I can´t recall reading that he has a job.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
And they were using every opportunity they could get to show us their love for each other... .

What do they do for a living btw, I can´t recall reading that he has a job.

That's a good question! I have no idea...I read that the Prince was consultant at some pharmaceutical company in France, but I don't know if that is still true given that he was arrested in connection with some type of fraud last November that involved the company. At one time the family had a huge personal fortune, but I am not certain if the hereditary fortune still exists.

As for HER, I read in HOLA! that she did an internship at Sotheby's? It seems like all the female aristos do a stint at a museum or auction house. She has recently been involved in restoration of the family castle. I don't know if she has any family wealth either.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thribette View Post
It depends in which language : in hispanic countries, women keep their birth name. Anyway, she would be royal highness by marriage, and duchess of Cadaval by herself. I do not know if this title can be worn by the husband, I think it can.

Thanks. This is going to be interesting. I will be surprised if there is not a big "Gotha" turnout for this wedding.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:13 PM
Aristocracy

It is a very nice wedding, and the Orléans family have many cousins all around Europe!
Old 09-14-2007, 05:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Well, I asked a Portuguese friend of mine and he said that she/the family isn´t that wealthy according to him. Most of what she owns is tied up in real estate and art. She has one or two estates I believe.
Measures of wealth are always relative, but "art" and "one or two estates" sounds a lot more than most of us would have!
Old 09-22-2007, 01:07 PM
Courtier

Which of the d` Orleans guys was once engaged to Tatjana Oldenburg (sister of Eilika Oldenburg, now married to Otto Habsburg´s son)? They broke up because of some religious reason and the Duchess of Paris didn´t approve because Tatjana is a protestant.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:32 PM
Nobility

Prince Jean, Duke of Vendome b. 1965
Old 09-25-2007, 06:53 PM
Heir Apparent

The ducal palace is stunning. I understand that this is where Diana and Charles-Philippe will have their principal residence, and they will also keep an apartment in Paris according to an interview I read in a French magazine.
Old 09-26-2007, 07:09 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Diana de Cadaval and his future mother-in-law, the Princess Beatriz d'Órleans attended together the Presentation of the the Perfume Midnight Poison by Dior.

Diana was wearing her engagement ring

The event happened in Museu dos Coches (Horse Coach Museum), in Lisbon

Another picture of Diana, during the same event.

(Scanned from Caras magazine, nº633)
Old 09-26-2007, 11:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks so much for posting these photos. That's a very unusual looking engagement ring. What type of stone is that? It looks to be an heirloom.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:01 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

You're welcome CaliforniaDreamin!

I do not know what kind of stone is that, and I agree it's very unusual and so big, but Beautiful!
The future wedding brings to mind the former Franco-Portuguese union of King Carlos I and Queen Amelie (former Princess d'Orleans).

Another picture of them
Old 09-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Aristocracy

I believe that Charles Philippe lives in Spain.