Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orléans, Diana, Dss of Cadaval and Family: Feb 2008- 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Ioicia at Nobiliana the baby is expected in February 2012.

Wow, what a babyboom in the first three months in 2012.

According to Ioicia at Nobiliana the baby is expected in February 2012.

Wow, what a babyboom in the first three months in 2012.
Great!The baby boom has started,I am happy for them,especially after all these speculations about infertility!

Oh that's great news, that's 4th royal baby on a way in last 2 weeks. :) Realy a new royal baby boom.

According to the cover of Point de Vue are Prince Charles-Philippe and Princess Diana of Orleans (Duke and Duchess of Anjou) expecting their first child, and according to Ioicia at Nobiliana the baby is expected in February 2012.
i was expecting a announcement from them long ago! they married in 2008, and now the baby will be born on 2012.
4 years being just a couple is great, they could enjoy themselfs more, but i was a bit anxious, because in royal life, after 1st or 2nd year after the wedding, a baby is born!

:franceflag2:Congratulations to the couple :portugalflag2:

Last edited:
After two successful books written by his wife it seems the Duke of Anjou has decided it's his turn at being an author. His book is called "Reis no Exilio" or Kings in exile. It's about the royal families in exile in Portugal during WWII, including the Duke and Duchess of Windsor, King Carol of Romania, the Spanish Royal family, the Italian Royal Family and Queen Giovanna of Bulgaria. It's odd though I thought Queen Giovanna was exiled in Madrid, but that's what the books facebook page says. The official presentation will be in 13 days.
"Reis no Exílio" por Charles-Philippe d'Orléans - Info | Facebook

The Prince was interviewed today by Manuel Luis Goucha, the interview will be shown Thursday at his morning show in TVI.

tdarlene said:
The Prince was interviewed today by Manuel Luis Goucha, the interview will be shown Thursday at his morning show in TVI.

Thanks! I wonder if it will be in Portuguese? If it is I think it'll be the first time he speaks Portuguese in public.

Did he say why it is published in Portuguese I believe the same editor as his wife's book?
Did he plan to translate it in french ?

Thanks tdarlene, now I'm interested in hearing the interview, but if he can not clearly speak the language it leads me to question if he truly wrote the book or just put his name on it.

Maria According to the books official facebook page it will soon be translated into French & Spanish.

Maybe he wrote the book in french and Diana helped to translate it to portuguese. Or maybe he wrote it in portuguese with Diana by his side helping him with the words and expressions...
Anyway, I'm curious to listen to him. If anyone finds a video;)

Maybe he wrote the book in french and Diana helped to translate it to portuguese. Or maybe he wrote it in portuguese with Diana by his side helping him with the words and expressions...
Anyway, I'm curious to listen to him. If anyone finds a video;)

I checked the website and they only have clips from yesterdays show, I'll check back later tonight and tomorrow and then I'll link it here if they post it.

since Diana said the baby will be born in Portugal, i can see he/she having a portuguese name.

for a girl:
- Maria
- Isabel
- Antónia
- Leonor
- Ana
- Constança
- Josefa

for a boy:
- Francisco
- Fernando
- Dinis
- Duarte
- Afonso
- Sancho
- Manuel
- Pedro
- Joao

Charles Philippe seems more popular in Portugal as in France where he has to resign as Head of the Order of St Lazare.

He should resign too from his title of Duke d’ Anjou and leave it to the Other in order to stop years quarrels.

Endless he should ask Don Duarte de Bragancia to be titled Duke of Cadaval.

Last edited:
Charles Philippe seems more popular in Portugal as in France where he has to resign as Head of the Order of St Lazare.

He should resign too from his title of Duke d’ Anjou and leave it to the Other in order to stop years quarrels.

Endless he should ask Don Duarte de Bragancia to be titled Duke of Cadaval.
Why should be ask Don Duarte, when it's not his title to give, but his wife's title?

:previous:
The Duke of Bragança settled the dispute between Diana and her sister Rosalinda and he is responsible for her bearing the Duchess of Cadaval title.
Succession to this ducal title does not follow the usual rules and has traditionally been determined by the Head of the Portuguese Royal House.
Refer to this post by Elsa M. in the 'Ducal House of Cadaval' thread for a fuller explanation.

Last edited:
According to his website the Duke of Anjou announced the due date for the birth of his first child being February 26th. Of course, because today's babies tend to come later than due date, it is also possible that this baby will be born in the first half of March

she looks good! and i like the jacket, seems a bit oriental to me!
so if the baby will be born around 26th of this month, its almost time, cant wait to see the baby, they sure look so happy^^

Due day is February 26th 2012, but the birth could also take place two weeks later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom