The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of France

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-30-2008, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
Why why why would C-P agree to appear on that tacky TV show?? Is he badly in need of money?
Well, he works as a flying consultant, so that's probably not the motivation.
But he was desperatly in need of publicity... I guess.

Old 06-30-2008, 06:56 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Days before the wedding, Diana posed for Hola Magazine (Palace of Cadaval)

Valentino

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/4...na1holaud4.jpg I love the colours of this dress (the scanning is not perfect, sorry for that)

Christian Lacroix

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/2...na2holaoj6.jpg

Elie Saab

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/1...na3holahg4.jpg

Dolce&Gabbana

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/8...na4holaiu4.jpg

Carolina Herrera

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3...na5holarb8.jpg

Old 07-01-2008, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post

You are entirely right. He belongs to a younger branch. He is nothing. He wants to become: "the Caliph instead of the Calilph".

REMI
Old 07-01-2008, 08:09 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Regina, the photos are GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing! The Elie Saab shot especially is beautifully coordinated with the Évora scenary :)

Another princess playing as a model... where have I seen this before?
Old 07-01-2008, 08:17 PM
Heir Apparent

They really do make a striking couple....they LOOK like a Prince and Princess in my opinion!

The Orleans all have those rather striking, piercing blue eyes. It's the family's most remarkable trait...even many of the little nephews and nieces have those eyes.

I hope C-P keeps off the weight he lost for his wedding because he has a tendency to get kind of chubby. He looks very handsome right now.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
It seems Charles-Phillipe has issues with several members of his family due to his chairmanship of the order of St. Lazare. I think there was some shady business going on which resulted in him being arrested for a while, a year ago or so.
Apart from theat he also recognises the duke of Castro as the head of the house of the Two-Sicilies and not his own uncle, the duke of Calabria!
Where was he arrested? Do you have more information about this incident?
Old 07-02-2008, 02:26 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
He was "inteviewed" by the police not because his position of Grand Master of the Order of St-Lazarus but for a matter linked with his work. The Order of St Lazarus is now under the protection of C-P Uncle, Count of Paris, as Head of the Royal House of France.

He recognises Charles de Bourbon living in Rome (and not Carlos de Borbon living in Madrid) as Head of the House of The Two Sicilies because all the Family of France do the same: it was Charles-Philippe's grandfather (the late Count of Paris) to recognise Don Ferdinando de Bourbon (Carlo's father, who died some months ago) as Head of the House.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Take a look here:
Royal Families of France
Old 07-02-2008, 04:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you Elsa.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count View Post
He recognises Charles de Bourbon living in Rome (and not Carlos de Borbon living in Madrid) as Head of the House of The Two Sicilies...
As if any of them is ever going to reign again......Charles de Bourbon (Duke of Castro?) married well and Carlos lives a peaceful life in Spain.......
This Charles (the groom) will hopefully live in splendour in the Cadaval Palace and everyone will be happy. (Right?)
Old 07-02-2008, 05:57 PM

Quote:
The public prosecutor of Clermont-Ferrand (France) has required, on april the 14 2008,the referring to the "tribunal correctionnel" of Charles Philippe d'Orléans with these charges against him:calumnious denunciation, forgery and making use of forgery; usurpation of identity.Mister d'Orléans have to answer a summons soon.

REMI
Old 07-02-2008, 06:26 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

I wonder what Claudine, Diana's mother, thinks about all this story with her son in law.
Old 07-03-2008, 02:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
I wonder what Claudine, Diana's mother, thinks about all this story with her son in law.
Hopefully she already knows about it all. It was in the papers right?
Old 07-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Hopefully she already knows about it all. It was in the papers right?
Yes, she knows. Diana seems not to care about her husband's problems with Justice, I wonder if her mother shares the same feelings.

Sol (Portuguese newspaper) of this last saturday had an articles saying that at the wedding, some Diana's relatives (didn't mention names) were openly critisizing Charles's past.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:39 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Well it was said some relatives stayed away from the wedding because of that, esp. his involvement with the St. Lazare knights (which was rather shady according to some); though most who stayed away did so due to the classic Orleans-feuds I suppose.

Did the prince ever get convicted btw? I don't remember the outcome...

I don't Claudine has much of a moral standing to judge others, considering the way she dealt with her late husbands older children.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:01 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think that Diana de Cadaval looks very happy, she is a very beautiful young lady. She wanted to be a Duchess and her mother wanted her to be too and now she is HRH so what more could they want?
If Rosalinda is put out I think she has every right to be. Much as I admire and respect D. Duarte I will never understand his position over the dispute of thie title of Duchess of Cadaval.
Old 07-04-2008, 04:12 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
Much as I admire and respect D. Duarte I will never understand his position over the dispute of thie title of Duchess of Cadaval.
In my personal opinion, the reason was because D. Duarte is Diana's Godfather and because they were (and still are of course) very close friends, and it was difficult (or impossible) to D. Duarte to say "no" to Claudine's ambitions. To stay in terms with his conscience, Duarte "created" a new title for Rosalinda: Duchess of Cadaval-Guerrand-Hermès...
Old 07-04-2008, 04:38 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Not to kill an interesting discussion, but there is a thread about the Cadaval family (& their dispute) in the Portuguese-Brazilian forum, here. We kept the title dispute there as it is more a Portuguese matter.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Well it was said some relatives stayed away from the wedding because of that, esp. his involvement with the St. Lazare knights (which was rather shady according to some); though most who stayed away did so due to the classic Orleans-feuds I suppose.

Did the prince ever get convicted btw? I don't remember the outcome...

I don't Claudine has much of a moral standing to judge others, considering the way she dealt with her late husbands older children.
It is correct what you write, the wedding was not attended by many Royals, of course CP is not the son of the Head of the House but the Count of Paris is the uncle.
The Order of St Lazarus: the count of Paris has is the protector of the Order but there is a dispute concerning this Order, 3 branches (!), the one of CP, the one of the Duke of Sevilla and another Maltese...It is a game of "power" among the people ruling the 3 branches.
The history of this Order is not very clear, it was closed by a Pope, but the French branch merged with another French Order, this is the reason why the count of Paris protects it...
There are as for other orders supportes of each of the 3 branches...
Old 07-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post
Well, he works as a flying consultant, so that's probably not the motivation.
What on earth is a flying consultant?

Tags
cadaval