Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orléans, Diana, Dss of Cadaval and Family: Feb 2008- 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ysbel

Heir Apparent , TRF Author
City
New York
Country
United States
This thread is to discuss the current events of Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orleans, duc d'Anjou and Diana, Duchess of Cadaval.

The couple on the presentation of Louis Vitton's new collection, in Oporto.

(Caras magazine, pics scanned by me)

The Duchess is always with a huge smile. Imo, she is a very nice and elegant person. I always love her jewelry. Sadly her earrings are not clear in the pics. The ring seems beautiful!

Last edited:
I love these two. I have read some criticism of them on other Forums, particularly the Prince. But this criticism is never borne out by the interviews and articles I read about him. He appears idealistic, romantic and kind. And yes very well aware of and very proud of his Orleans lineage. But there is not a thing wrong with that, in my opinion.

I can't wait for the wedding!

I must say that I find them a very sympathetic and good-looking couple.

I am looking forward to hearing a lot about their up-coming wedding, and wish them well for the future.

Wasn't he in some shady business with orders and such, and even arrested for a while by the police? Much to the joy of the legetimists of course, who support the other duke of Anjou.

Charles Philippe and his fiance were at the Versailles-Giverny Foundation dinner. Here's the link: A Royal Evening | New York Social Diary

Here's a pic: http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/i/partypictures/04_16_08/diary/CIMG5152.jpg

Sad we cant see any picture of Diana in this event!

I love these two. I have read some criticism of them on other Forums, particularly the Prince. But this criticism is never borne out by the interviews and articles I read about him. He appears idealistic, romantic and kind. And yes very well aware of and very proud of his Orleans lineage. But there is not a thing wrong with that, in my opinion.

I can't wait for the wedding!

Same here! :wub:I just cant wait for it and to see the dress of the bride and all the guests. The Prince was not the only one who faced criticism. Diana was involved in some polemics with her step sister due to the Title of Duchess of Cadaval. But, imo, the charm of the couple is superior to all those things.

The Couple was in New York, attending a Gala event of Foundation Saint-Lazare. This NGO is presided by the Prince and its main goal is to help to find ways to resolve the lack of water in certain countries.

The gala ceremony took place in Pierre Hotel

1 2

The couple also took the chance to walk in the streets of NY and have some romantic days together. The article said the Duchess visited several Bridal shops, where she tried several wedding dresses. I find it strange because she is going to marry two moths from now... how come she doesnt have her Dress already? :ohmy:

(Caras Magazine, pics scanned by me)

I love her coat :)

An earlier Point de Vue from this month stated that New York designer Carolina Herrera had created the Duchess's wedding gown and that was why Diana was in NYC...for a fitting.

An earlier Point de Vue from this month stated that New York designer Carolina Herrera had created the Duchess's wedding gown and that was why Diana was in NYC...for a fitting.

Ah great to know that!! :) Together with Elie Saab, Carolina Herrera is my favourite Designer.

Diane and Charles-Phillipe went to Cambodja to camaign against landmines, this weeks Point de Vue has a rather extensive article about the visit, with some lovely pictures of the two.

The couple was received by the King of Cambodja.
The Duchess of Cadaval was very elegant and confident as usual. :flowers:

Article (in French)

The main points of this visit was to discuss the historical links between France and Cambodja, and the fight against the anti-personnel mines.

The King received the Order of Saint-Lazare by the generous help he has been given to his people since the beggining of his reign.

The Prince and the duchess of Cadaval were accompanied by a delegation of Saint-Lazare and HAMAP Health, and they will remain ten days in the country.

Charles and Diana have made several of these types of goodwill humanitarian missions. There was one to Serbia last year and another to Ethiopa a few months ago. I like this...I hope they are setting the tone for how their marriage is going to be. They seem to be a genuinely involved and caring couple, and i really don't want to believe that they simply love the publicity. These are the types of peope who ONCE graced the cover of Point de Vue...back when it was a real quality magazine.

There's will be the first truly Royal wedding Europe has had in a long time. I can't wait!

There's will be the first truly Royal wedding Europe has had in a long time. I can't wait!
A couple of months ago I posted TV reportage about some Portuguese nobles... Diana was one of the noblers featured in the piece. She showed a bit of her palace and its church (where the wedding ceremony is going to take place):
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/760210-post26.html

I don't know them, so I can't really have an opinion, but somehow they both appear as incredibly shallow to me... anyway, yes, I'm soooo looking forward to see the wedding photos! Don't we just love a royal wedding? ;)

Here is Diana de Cadaval posing for the magazine Máxima. The photoshoot is for Louis Vuitton:

Máxima - A revista feminina que lhe diz muito mais...

Last edited:
A BIG thank you, Elsa, for the great pictures you shared!

In some pictures, Diane looks so much as her mother, Claudine.

In this picture she's with António Homem Cardoso, the official photographer of Dom Duarte and his family.

Diane looks so much more natural than Charles-Philippe. It doesn't mean he looks fake, but his eyes are always so stared that his face doesn't transmit the same in love facial expression of Diane.

How great that both of them are pure Royals. I am glad she is a Portuguese. Can't wait for the wedding too. :flowers:

It seems Charles-Phillipe has issues with several members of his family due to his chairmanship of the order of St. Lazare. I think there was some shady business going on which resulted in him being arrested for a while, a year ago or so.
Apart from theat he also recognises the duke of Castro as the head of the house of the Two-Sicilies and not his own uncle, the duke of Calabria!

And added to that, he featured in the french version of 'I am a celebrity...get me out of here'.

His website: Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orléans - Duc d'Anjou

And added to that, he featured in the french version of 'I am a celebrity...get me out of here'.

Which is both a shame (for him) and a farce, because, except for, what, maybe 100 people, nobody in France knows who he is, and, quite frankly, nobody cares!

Why why why would C-P agree to appear on that tacky TV show?? Is he badly in need of money?

Last edited by a moderator:
Why why why would C-P agree to appear on that tacky TV show?? Is he badly in need of money?
Well, he works as a flying consultant, so that's probably not the motivation.
But he was desperatly in need of publicity... I guess. :rolleyes:

Days before the wedding, Diana posed for Hola Magazine (Palace of Cadaval)

Valentino

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/4659/diana1holaud4.jpg I love the colours of this dress (the scanning is not perfect, sorry for that)

Christian Lacroix

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/2122/diana2holaoj6.jpg

Elie Saab

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/1226/diana3holahg4.jpg

Dolce&Gabbana

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/8059/diana4holaiu4.jpg

Carolina Herrera

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3452/diana5holarb8.jpg

But he was desperatly in need of publicity... I guess. :rolleyes:

You are entirely right. He belongs to a younger branch. He is nothing. He wants to become: "the Caliph instead of the Calilph".

REMI

Regina, the photos are GORGEOUS! Thanks for sharing! The Elie Saab shot especially is beautifully coordinated with the Évora scenary :)

Another princess playing as a model... where have I seen this before?

Last edited:
They really do make a striking couple....they LOOK like a Prince and Princess in my opinion!

The Orleans all have those rather striking, piercing blue eyes. It's the family's most remarkable trait...even many of the little nephews and nieces have those eyes.

I hope C-P keeps off the weight he lost for his wedding because he has a tendency to get kind of chubby. He looks very handsome right now.

It seems Charles-Phillipe has issues with several members of his family due to his chairmanship of the order of St. Lazare. I think there was some shady business going on which resulted in him being arrested for a while, a year ago or so.
Apart from theat he also recognises the duke of Castro as the head of the house of the Two-Sicilies and not his own uncle, the duke of Calabria!

Where was he arrested? Do you have more information about this incident?

He was "inteviewed" by the police not because his position of Grand Master of the Order of St-Lazarus but for a matter linked with his work. The Order of St Lazarus is now under the protection of C-P Uncle, Count of Paris, as Head of the Royal House of France.

He recognises Charles de Bourbon living in Rome (and not Carlos de Borbon living in Madrid) as Head of the House of The Two Sicilies because all the Family of France do the same: it was Charles-Philippe's grandfather (the late Count of Paris) to recognise Don Ferdinando de Bourbon (Carlo's father, who died some months ago) as Head of the House.

He recognises Charles de Bourbon living in Rome (and not Carlos de Borbon living in Madrid) as Head of the House of The Two Sicilies...
As if any of them is ever going to reign again......Charles de Bourbon (Duke of Castro?) married well and Carlos lives a peaceful life in Spain.......
This Charles (the groom) will hopefully live in splendour in the Cadaval Palace and everyone will be happy. (Right?)

The public prosecutor of Clermont-Ferrand (France) has required, on april the 14 2008,the referring to the "tribunal correctionnel" of Charles Philippe d'Orléans with these charges against him:calumnious denunciation, forgery and making use of forgery; usurpation of identity.Mister d'Orléans have to answer a summons soon.

REMI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom