Luis Alfonso de Borbón and Family, ('Duke and Duchess of Anjou') 2: 2008-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is wonderful however HRH Prince Louis of Bourbon greeted his Orleans cousin,He proved once more His deep Christian behaviour.

Don Luis Alfonso de Borbón was not the only one to show his apparently deep Christian behaviour. The same can be said from Henri d'Orléans and his spouse, of course...

By the way, also Marie-des-Neiges de Bourbon de Parme (an sister of the late Prince Carlos-Hugo) did attend the Mass, so there was a good turn-out of capétiens. The latest years the focus seems more on reconciliation amongst the capétiens than on division, and that is always great to see.

:flowers:

Unity is important for all the descendants of Louis XIII of France from all the branches.

The vestments worn by the priest at the Mass in the Paroisse Saint-Eugène-Sainte-Cécile looked quite traditional. Was it a Tridentine Mass?

The article was written by a Legitimist supporter by the way: "Le Prince Louis serra la main de son cousin Henri d’Orléans" The Prince Louis shook hands with his cousin Henri d'Orléans. Luis Alfonso is le Prince and his cousin Henri d'Orléans of course is not....

:whistling:

Last edited:
Even for the legitimists the Prince Henri D'Orleans is the Line for the Throne of France.

On May 28 the Duke and Duchess of Anjou attended the 8th Paquiro Bullfighting Awards at the Ritz Hotel in Madrid honouring Spanish bullfighter Enrique Ponce.

When you scroll down the article you'll find a video.

** Pic 1 ** Pics 2+3 ** hola.article ** translation **

The foundation Ciudad de la Esperanza y la Alegría (City of Hope and Joy) held its traditional charity dinner at the Club de Campo Villa de Madrid yesterday, June 5. The Duke and Duchess of Anjou were among the guests.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** hola article ** translation **

On June 21 the Duke and Duchess of Anjou attended the wedding of Veronica Cuevas and Manuel del Pino in Cordoba.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Now I can answer your question, if a little belated - I guess they attended because their daughter is Felipe's goddaughter, so I reckon they're friends with him and or Letizia. :flowers:

thanks for the info, i didn't know eugenia was a godchild of felipe. :flowers:

:previous: You're welcome - It's actually Isabelle who is Felipe's goddaughter, I think I posted this in the wrong thread by mistake! I've now moved it to the correct one.

The Duke of Anjou recently took part in the commemoration of the eight hundredth anniversary of the Battle of Bovines:

Louis de Bourbon aux 800 ans de la bataille de Bouvines

This time, I think this Duke of Anjou is the correct one for this thread. :D When there are two claimants in a former Royal Family, things can get a little confusing sometimes!

Last edited:
interesting they attended the proclamation, i thought the spanish royal family and them didn't quite get along?

Every citizen was free to apply to meet the new King and Queen and wish them well. Don Luis de Borbón y Martínez-Bordiú is a Spanish-born citizen with the Spanish nationality. King Felipe VI is his King and it was nice of Don Luis to congratulate him. I don't think they are "friends" but of course there is a lot of shared family-history and Luis is a future Spanish Duke and Grande de España.

When the Duke entered the Church for the commemoration Mass , people remain sitting.....

The Duke and Duchess of Anjou were received by the Mayor of Missouri in connection with the two hundred and fiftieth anniversary of the city of St. Louis:

One ~ Two ~ Three

Whilst in St. Louis, Missouri, the Duke and Duchess of Anjou visited the French School, where the Duke of Anjou read an extract from the book "The Little Prince" in English, and also answered questions asked by the children where he revealed that all three of his children are attending a French school in Madrid, Spain. Here are a couple of photos of the event:

One ~ Two

Some more coverage from the Duke and Duchess of Anjou's visit to America.

The Duke and Duchess attended a dinner at the Club St. Louis in St. Louis, Missouri in the presence of the Mayor and several other famous local people:

One ~ Two ~ Three

Earlier, the Duke of Anjou was invited by HEC for an interview. During the interview, he talked about his family:

Photo

Source for all: Noblesse & Royautes

Well... the 'presumed' Duke of course. He is a essentially Spanish citizen born in Spain and is, beyond being the undisputed ainé des capétiens, the future 3rd Duque de Franco and Grande de España.

When Philippe de Bourbon, Duc d'Anjou (grandson of Louis XIV) became Don Felipe V de Borbón, Rey de España, he renounced all his French claims and titles. The title Duc d'Anjou reverted to the French Crown.

In 1712 King Felipe V was offered the possibility to renounce his Spanish titles and re-assert his French claims. He refused. So beside the Treaty of Utrecht, negotiated and co-signed by all of Europes major powers, Philippe de Bourbon not once but even twice renounced all claims on the throne of France for himself and all his successors. Since the title Duc d'Anjou is a French title, Don Luis Alfonso de Borbón y Martínez Bordiú has no rights on the titles Duc d'Anjou, Duc de Touraine, Duc de Bourbon, Duc de Bourgogne and Duc de Berry he uses for himself and his sons.

I respect him for his dazzling ancestry, for being the ainé des capétiens. I think he is a charismatic person and very likeable too. But he must not pretend what he is not. He can not ignore international treaties, official renouncations and solemn promises of allegiance and the course of centuries because it suits his case.

Last edited:

The Duchess of Anjou attended the Jorge Vázquez Spring/Summer 2015 fashion show as part of the Madrid Fashion Week on September 11:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The Duke and Duchess of Anjou attended the wake in honour of Miguel Boyer, former spanish economy minister, in Madrid yesterday, September 29.

** Pic **

There is an article of the French Duke of Anjou saying he is the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom