Luis Alfonso de Borbón and Family, ('Duke and Duchess of Anjou') 2: 2008-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Now, at the press conference, she looks like a royal.:flowers: Really love her dress

Is this evidence of a rapprochement between the Spanish Royal House and Luis Alfonso?

I recall Infanta Pilar was at a tennis match also with Luis Alfonso & his wife back in September.

Luis & his wife were also present at the recent christening of Pilar's newest grandchild,so there could well be a thaw!

Luis Alfonso de Borbón, his wife Margarita and their three kids out and about in Madrid last week:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

^^ cute pic that one with mother and daughter

I´m always thrilled when I see pictures of Luis Alfonso as a happy husband and doting father. This young man suffered enough traumas along his life that he fully deserves all the blessings that shall come his way.And may the´re be many.:advent:

I recall Infanta Pilar was at a tennis match also with Luis Alfonso & his wife back in September.
Luis & his wife were also present at the recent christening of Pilar's newest grandchild,so there could well be a thaw!
A Spanish blog also noting the apparent close relationship between Luis Alfonso and the King's sister.
(Thanks to Benjamin for the link)

> Extraconfidencial

Interesting how in reigning houses when a commoner marries a prince she doesn't become Princess (insert her name here) she becomes princess (insert husbands name here). But in non reigning houses they give commoners the title of Princess____. Like Princess Marie-Marguerite.

In Denmark Mary, Alex and Marie were granted titles 'the Princess of Denmark' by Her Majesty on the eve of their weddings, weren't they? The same for Marie Marguierite.:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lovely picture of Luis Alfonso and his family.This young man deserves all the happiness he can have with his wife and children.

Interesting how in reigning houses when a commoner marries a prince she doesn't become Princess (insert her name here) she becomes princess (insert husbands name here). But in non reigning houses they give commoners the title of Princess____. Like Princess Marie-Marguerite.
It doesn't have anything to do with reigning vs. non-reigning houses or even commoners marrying royals, just the traditions of the houses themselves. In reigning Britain, like in non-reigning Prussia and Greece, any woman marrying a prince takes her husband's name: Marie-Christine von Reibnitz is Princess Michael of Kent; Marie-Chantal Miller is Crown Princess Pavlos; Grand Duchess Elena Vladimirovna of Russia was Princess Nicholas of Greece; Victoria, Princess Royal was the Empress Frederick in widowhood.

Hmm I know some reigning houses do it as well but I was just trying to say that amongst non reigning houses they like to give everyone the title of Prince or Princess with their own name. Like the other Duchess de Anjou, she is titled Princess Diana D'Orleans. Just an observation I noticed, it's as if the non reigning royals want to make them selves seem more royal. And on the website of the Greek Royal House Marie Chantal is titled Princess Marie Chantal, as Tatiana is titled Princess Tatiana.

Did the Duke of Anjou(Bourbon) congratulate the Duke of Anjou (Orléans) for the birth of Princess Isabelle ?

Duke & Duchess of Anjou with their children (photo from the Duke's official bulletin - winter 2012)

**Pic**

What a beautiful family! A very warm and loving photo. Thank you, Kasumi.

What a beautiful family! A very warm and loving photo. Thank you, Kasumi.
The Duke's childhood was full of painful events, and now he deserves to be happy in his family life. I wish him all the best.

Dy you think he is still seeing his mother Carmen. I never saw pictures with her and her grandchildren.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom