Luis Alfonso de Borbón and Family, ('Duke and Duchess of Anjou') 2: 2008-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: Henrique seems like a beautiful baby and the older children have grown up so much!
Is Henrique his official name or is that just what the Spanish media refers to him as? Wikipedia was referring to him as Henri throughout without the -de Jesus, so I was a little confused though I know Wikipedia isn't always the most reliable of sources.

I believe it is actually spelled "Enrique" in Spanish. "Henrique" is the Portuguese spelling.

I suppose his "official name" is Enrique, but he is called 'Henri' in France, just as Luis Alfonso goes by Louis Alphonse in France.

Last edited:
:previous: Henrique seems like a beautiful baby and the older children have grown up so much!
Is Henrique his official name or is that just what the Spanish media refers to him as? Wikipedia was referring to him as Henri throughout without the -de Jesus, so I was a little confused though I know Wikipedia isn't always the most reliable of sources.
His name is Enrique. His parents native tongue is Spanish, so that's what he surely goes by (not Henri or Henrique; maybe only in France they might choose to use 'Henri' to stress Luis Alfonso's French claims). I don't think they'll use the full 'Enrique de Jesús' in daily life.

The newborn Henrique has a head full of hair, just like his mother. In fact the Duchess of Anjou has the most beautiful head of long, thick healthy hair!?

I believe it is actually spelled "Enrique" in Spanish. "Henrique" is the Portuguese spelling.

I suppose his "official name" is Enrique, but he is called 'Henri' in France, just as Luis Alfonso goes by Louis Alphonse in France.

Yep; I'm aware of the Spanish spelling, Henrique was a typo on my part though I've corrected it.
I agree though and think that's probably the case - just wanted to make sure there was an official confirmation.

His name is Enrique. His parents native tongue is Spanish, so that's what he surely goes by (not Henri or Henrique; maybe only in France they might choose to use 'Henri' to stress Luis Alfonso's French claims). I don't think they'll use the full 'Enrique de Jesús' in daily life.

Yes, as a Spanish speaker I know his name's Enrique - as mentioned above it was a typo on my part. I presumed he'll go by Enrique in everyday situations since religious parts of names such as de Jesús in this case seem to be used for official situations such as Princess Leonor and Infanta Sofia and their de todos los santos.

According to posters on another forum, Luis Alfonso uses "Louis Alphonse" on his French passport.

:previous: Yes I noticed the resemblance as well. ..stunning!

One of The Duke of Anjou’s sons looks exactly like him! The one kneeling on the ground beside his mother.

Is it common for boys in Europe to wear those long socks with short pants these days ? It looks like a scene from the set of The Sound of Music !

Last edited:
Is it common for boys in Europe to wear those long socks with short pants these days ? It looks like a scene from the set of The Sound of Music !

It is one of those typical Uniformes de Colegio one can see in Spain and in other countries of the Hispanidad: picture.

Louis and Alphonse's outfits are typical of Spanish traditional children's wear, especially amongst the upper classes (as is Eugenie's dress). You can see similar outfits at here from the brand Anna and Louis that sells similar style clothes. Socks and stockings/tights seem to be a common feature amongst upper class children in Europe when it comes to formal wear; as we have seen with Lady Louise Windsor in the UK.

It is one of those typical Uniformes de Colegio one can see in Spain and in other countries of the Hispanidad: picture.

Yet your photo is a school uniform (even school uniforms for private schools in North America are similar). And the boys in them are wearing normal socks. This photo of the family is not school uniforms.

The only European royal kids I have noticed dressed like this are the BRF. And usually by 7-8 those who do follow the 'short pants even in winter' tradition, start wearing long pants. The Duke's sons are 9.

Yet your photo is a school uniform (even school uniforms for private schools in North America are similar). And the boys in them are wearing normal socks. This photo of the family is not school uniforms.

The only European royal kids I have noticed dressed like this are the BRF. And usually by 7-8 those who do follow the 'short pants even in winter' tradition, start wearing long pants. The Duke's sons are 9.

By my understanding the children of Don Luis Alfonso de Borbón go to the Colegio Everest in Pozuelo de Alarcón (Madrid). A privately funded Catholic bilingual school. They have knee-long socks indeed and the colour scheme of the trousers, shirts, spencers, blazers, polos seems to differ from otoño, invierno and verano (autumn, winter and spring), blue, green, grey and burgundy.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Dear Eugenie,
We wish you a happy birthday and we thank you for these thirteen wonderful years that you have given us.
We are proud of you for your tenderness, your generosity, your education, your kindness, your sensitivity and your joy.
Your dad, who loves you"

Happy birthday

I wish H.R.H. the Duke of Anjou had an excellent birthday with his family, in spite of the confinement, and will have the best 47th year.

A very happy birthday to T.R.H. Princes Louis and Alphonse.

I love how the Spanish ladies keep their maiden names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom