The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of France

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-25-2014, 07:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

He is the Head of the Roysl House of Bourbon, he is the legitimist rightful King of France and he is obviously a French citizen too.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

He is "obviously a French citizen" only because his grandmother Emanuela de Dampierre was a French citizen; certainly he isn't a French citizen thanks to his Bourbon ancestors.
Then, one thing is claiming to be the rightful pretender to the French Throne; a very different thing is being King, and he isn't.

Old 01-26-2014, 08:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Certainly not HIs Majesty.

He is not even Royal Highness although his father the late Don Alphonso was.
Old 01-26-2014, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

On January 5 the Duke and Duchess of Anjou together with their children attended a charity concert in Madrid by an orchestra from the suburb of Cateura in Asuncion, Paraguay. Queen Sofia attended as well.

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **
What lovely coats the children are wearing. Although I have to say that I'm not so sure about them on the boys. On another note, I wonder if the family are close to the Spanish Royals. Luis Alfonso's father was a cousin of King Juan Carlos, after all.
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my new group!
Old 01-27-2014, 05:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Beautiful speech delivered by HM King Louis XX at the Espiatory Chapel in Paris after the Mass for Louis XVI:

25 janvier 2014 : Discours de Mgr. le duc d'Anjou
Old 01-28-2014, 10:33 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here's a picture gallery of the Duke of Anjou during the mass itself:

** pp: Louis de Bourbon : Prince recueilli et chef ardent pour le Jour du souvenir 2014 **
Old 01-28-2014, 11:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

He should have worn a black Coat !
Old 01-28-2014, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Even the Count of Paris claims to be the Head of the Royal House of France but only his supporters recognize that.
If you call the Duke of AnJou legitimist King Louis XX of HRH the Duke of Anjou you must know these are titles given by himself and his supporters.He is without doubt the Head of the main branch of the Buorbons and the Duke of Vendome seems to recognize this.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:50 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I highly doubt that the duke of Vendome recognises Don Luis Alfonso de Borbon y Martinez Bordiu as anything else than the future duke of Franco.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Dear Cory are you supporter of the main Branch of the Bourbons ?

Could you tell me who is HRH the Duke of Anjou Charles Philippe d'Orléans or Louis de Bourbon ? I am not sure they are RHH.
Michel d' Orléans lost his "predicat" because his father was against his wedding and became Comte d' Evreux.
Alfonso de Bourbon was Duke of Cadix and RH by birth , but did the King of Spain gave the "Predicat" of RH to his Son ?
Thanks for answer ?
Old 01-28-2014, 01:59 PM
Administrator

Don Luis Alfonso is not the duke of Cadiz. The last duke of Cadiz was his father, Don Alfonso de Borbon y Dampierre, who sadly died in 1989.
Old 01-28-2014, 02:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Marengo , it is what I wrote in 370 , but is his Son titled Royal Highness by the King of Spain?
Old 01-28-2014, 03:25 PM
Administrator

No, not in Spain, the Spanish court only refers to him as Don Luis Alfonso de Borbón y Martínez-Bordiú. I believe he has the prefix of His Excellency. In private I am sure he is allowed to refer to himself however he wants, as are his supporters: Grand Duke of Florida, Viscount of Caracas, Surpreme Lord of the Burmuda Triangle, Marquis of Disneyland, King of France or Emperor of the Universe.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks Marengo .
I have another question when this maternal grandmother dies, will he be Duke of Franco?
I think it is a personal tittle the King gave to Franco's only daughter.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:26 PM
Administrator

I believe that the Franco title is hereditary. His mother Carmen 'mira quién baila' Martínez-Bordiú will be the next Duchess of Franco, after her death it will be Don Luis Alfonso.
I suppose some would say that it was the Queen Mother of France who was dancing the rumba and the tango at the Spanish version of 'dancing with the stars' btw.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory View Post
If you call the Duke of AnJou legitimist King Louis XX of HRH the Duke of Anjou you must know these are titles given by himself and his supporters.
Did he really give himself the title of King of France? As far as I know, he has always called himself "just" Duke of Anjou.
Maybe a bunch of supporters call him King of France, but still he isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Could you tell me who is HRH the Duke of Anjou Charles Philippe d'Orléans or Louis de Bourbon ? I am not sure they are RHH.
Michel d' Orléans lost his "predicat" because his father was against his wedding and became Comte d' Evreux.
Prince Michel lost his royal titles, prerogatives and succession rights after his marriage in 1967, considered as morganatic by his father, the late Count of Paris; thus his children were born as morganauts. However, in 1999 the present Count of Paris, elder brother of Michel, de-morganaticized the marriage of his brother and recognized Michel's wife and children as full members of the Royal Family. Later in 2004 Prince Charles Philippe d'Orléans, Michel's eldest son, was given by his uncle the title of Duke of Anjou.
The same title is used by Luis Alfonso, so it happens that the very same title of Duke of Anjou is currently claimed by two members of the rival branches of the House of Bourbon.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
No, not in Spain, the Spanish court only refers to him as Don Luis Alfonso de Borbón y Martínez-Bordiú. I believe he has the prefix of His Excellency. In private I am sure he is allowed to refer to himself however he wants, as are his supporters: Grand Duke of Florida, Viscount of Caracas, Marquis of Disneyland, King of France or Emperor of the Universe.
As the son of a Spanish Duke he enjoys the style of His Excellency ,Don Luis Alfonso de Borbón.He cannot claim the Dukedom of Cadiz as it was merged with the Spanish Crown upon the death of his father in 1989 .It was deemed a non hereditary title in the late eighties.But I guess he can call himself HRH The Duc d'Anjou but that holds no validity.
Old 01-28-2014, 08:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

We do not speak about the possible Spanish titles for him but about His French titles. He uses the title HRH the Duke of Anjou and he accepts his supporters call him HM King Louis XX.
Personally I am not one of His supporters even if I suppose He represents the main branch of the House of Bourbon.
Old 01-29-2014, 06:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks MAfan for your information . The Count of Paris should have given to his nephew the tittle of Duke de Nemours who was close to Prince Michel's family.
They would be only one Monseigneur Louis , Duke d' Anjou.
Old 02-03-2014, 07:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

The Count of Paris should give titles traditional to his branch of the Royal Family.