Luis Alfonso de Borbón and Family, ('Duke and Duchess of Anjou') 2: 2008-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Duchess of Anjou competed at the CSI Casas Novas Horse Jumping Competition in A Coruna from December 8 to December 10:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

The late Duchess of Franko was a stunning beauty.

Last edited:
The Duchess of Franco was very close to her grandson the Duke of Anjou and witnessed very important events of modern European history.

HRH Prince Louis Alphonse de Bourbon,Duke of Anjou, will attend the Mass on the 20th of January at Saint Denis Basilica for the late Louis XVII.

The Duchess of Anjou attended the XXIV Sunshine Tour Horse Race in Vejer de la Frontera on March 17:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

The link you provided wisely avoided to use the title "Duke of Anjou", which he is not indeed.

The link used the title ‘Duke of Anjou’ , but not the style HRH, which was not commonly used in France anyway.

Whether he is the Duke of Anjou or not has no effect, however, on his claim to the French throne, which is unjustified.

Where is that information mentioned in the article linked above ?

What is his legal basis to claim the title of Duke of Anjou ? Patrilineal descent from King Felipe V ? Apparently, the Kings of France didn't recognize that claim considering that the title of Duke of Anjou was recreated for other descendants of Louis XIV, including the future King Louis XV, after Philippe d'Anjou became king of Spain.

He is not a HRH in Spain . Strange !
I understand he must be delighted having an official Role in France

He is not a HRH in Spain . Strange !
I understand he must be delighted having an official Role in France

Don Luis Alfonso is no HRH because of a Royal Decree which reserves the use of HRH only for members of the Casa Real: Real Decreto 1368/1987, 6 Noviembre. R?gimen de t?tulos, tratamientos y honores de la Familia Real y la Regencia.

See the second and third lemma of the Sixth article of this Decree:

Second
The sisters of His Majesty The King, Don Juan Carlos I de Borbón, will be Infantas de España and will keep the right to use the treatment of Alteza Real for life, but neither their consorts nor their children.

Third
The members of the family of His Majesty The King, Don Juan Carlos I de Borbón, who at present have a recognized use of a title of the Royal House and the treatment of Alteza Real, may keep it for life, but neither their consorts nor their descendants.

Note that also the late Duke of Parma (with a Spanish passport, like Don Luis Alfonso) was without HRH. Just Don Carlos-Hugo de Borbón-Parma y Borbón. No use of the predicate Su Alteza Real, no use of the title Príncipe de Borbón-Parma, no use of the title Duque de Parma in Spain.

Last edited:
He is titled "HRH the Duke of Anjou" on his French official documents.

https://www.elconfidencialdigital.com/te_lo_aclaro/Luis-Alfonso-Borbon-espera_0_861513845.html

The Orleans family is similarly titled in French official documents.

Where is that information mentioned in the article linked above ?

¿Por qué se le llama príncipe?
-Está reconocido como tal en Francia. En los documentos oficiales expedidos por el Estado francés se le titula SAR el duque de Anjou.

(Why is he called prince?
-He is recognized as such in France. In official documents issued by the French state he is titled HRH the Duke of Anjou.)

https://www.elconfidencialdigital.com/te_lo_aclaro/Luis-Alfonso-Borbon-espera_0_861513845.html

What is his legal basis to claim the title of Duke of Anjou ? Patrilineal descent from King Felipe V ? Apparently, the Kings of France didn't recognize that claim considering that the title of Duke of Anjou was recreated for other descendants of Louis XIV, including the future King Louis XV, after Philippe d'Anjou became king of Spain.

Chivalricorders.org (the author has said he is an acquaintance of the family) says

1.1. The French Republic, exceptionally, has acknowledged the titles of the former reigning families, including those accorded by the head of each family to their issue. Thus, the title of Count of Paris and Count of Clermont (the latter has now succeeded to his father's position and claims) have been accorded to the Head of the Orléans family and his heir, while the senior representative of the Bourbons has been accorded the title of Duke of Anjou (and the French courts have also recognized his right to use the undifferenced Arms of France on the grounds that they ceased to be state Arms in 1830), and his late uncle that of Duke of Aquitaine. The Head of the Bonaparte family is accorded the title of Prince Napoleon. […]​

THE ROYAL PREROGATIVE, ITS USE BY THE HEIRS TO FORMER THRONES, AND BY REPUBLICAN OR REVOLUTIONARY REGIMES

Had King Felipe VI of Spain had a younger brother, it would have been interesting to see if his brother's wife and children would have claimed the titles HRH and Prince/ss on the basis of the French Republic's recognition. As Duc_et_Pair noted, they would not have been HRHs in Spain, pursuant to the Real Decreto 1368/1987.

Last edited:
Luis Alfonso de Borbon was in Spain today, visited the monumental memorial of the Valle de los caidos and took part in the demonstration against Spanish governement plan to exhume dictator Francisco Franco's remains from there and move them somewhere less glorified.

Several demonstrators sang francoists chants, displayed francoist flags and gave the fascist salute.

Luis Alfonso de Borbón, en una protesta contra la exhumación de su bisabuelo del Valle de los Caídos | España

https://www.elnacional.cat/ca/polit...ncentracio-ultra-valle-caidos_288210_102.html

While i understand it is his greatgrandfather, it is sad to see that he associates with or even 'leads' fascists. Apparently he either supports or at least is fine with fascism.

I wonder what his stances are on both his greatgrandfather's regime and the current tendencies in the francoist movement...

Oh ! :flowers:

What a nice and unexpected news ! Another child for them, it's a blessing !

While i understand it is his greatgrandfather, it is sad to see that he associates with or even 'leads' fascists. Apparently he either supports or at least is fine with fascism.

I wonder what his stances are on both his greatgrandfather's regime and the current tendencies in the francoist movement...

It doesn't surprise me at all. First, it is his great-grandfather as you said. Second, the people who support his claim to the throne in France are generally associated with the far right. There are also some right-wing extremists among the Orléanists, but the Orléanists are historically more closely associated with a liberal, constitutional monarch, which would probably follow the model of other present-day European monarchies.

I also thought they are already "done" (all children in school age).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom