Luis Alfonso de Borbón and Family, ('Duke and Duchess of Anjou') 2: 2008-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is the Head of the Roysl House of Bourbon, he is the legitimist rightful King of France and he is obviously a French citizen too.

:previous:
He is "obviously a French citizen" only because his grandmother Emanuela de Dampierre was a French citizen; certainly he isn't a French citizen thanks to his Bourbon ancestors.
Then, one thing is claiming to be the rightful pretender to the French Throne; a very different thing is being King, and he isn't.

Certainly not HIs Majesty.

He is not even Royal Highness although his father the late Don Alphonso was.

On January 5 the Duke and Duchess of Anjou together with their children attended a charity concert in Madrid by an orchestra from the suburb of Cateura in Asuncion, Paraguay. Queen Sofia attended as well.

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

What lovely coats the children are wearing. :) Although I have to say that I'm not so sure about them on the boys. On another note, I wonder if the family are close to the Spanish Royals. Luis Alfonso's father was a cousin of King Juan Carlos, after all.

Even the Count of Paris claims to be the Head of the Royal House of France but only his supporters recognize that.
If you call the Duke of AnJou legitimist King Louis XX of HRH the Duke of Anjou you must know these are titles given by himself and his supporters.He is without doubt the Head of the main branch of the Buorbons and the Duke of Vendome seems to recognize this.

I highly doubt that the duke of Vendome recognises Don Luis Alfonso de Borbon y Martinez Bordiu as anything else than the future duke of Franco.

Last edited:
Dear Cory are you supporter of the main Branch of the Bourbons ?

Could you tell me who is HRH the Duke of Anjou Charles Philippe d'Orléans or Louis de Bourbon ? I am not sure they are RHH.
Michel d' Orléans lost his "predicat" because his father was against his wedding and became Comte d' Evreux.
Alfonso de Bourbon was Duke of Cadix and RH by birth , but did the King of Spain gave the "Predicat" of RH to his Son ?
Thanks for answer ?

Don Luis Alfonso is not the duke of Cadiz. The last duke of Cadiz was his father, Don Alfonso de Borbon y Dampierre, who sadly died in 1989.

Marengo , it is what I wrote in 370 , but is his Son titled Royal Highness by the King of Spain?

No, not in Spain, the Spanish court only refers to him as Don Luis Alfonso de Borbón y Martínez-Bordiú. I believe he has the prefix of His Excellency. In private I am sure he is allowed to refer to himself however he wants, as are his supporters: Grand Duke of Florida, Viscount of Caracas, Surpreme Lord of the Burmuda Triangle, Marquis of Disneyland, King of France or Emperor of the Universe.

Last edited:
Thanks Marengo .
I have another question when this maternal grandmother dies, will he be Duke of Franco?
I think it is a personal tittle the King gave to Franco's only daughter.

I believe that the Franco title is hereditary. His mother Carmen 'mira quién baila' Martínez-Bordiú will be the next Duchess of Franco, after her death it will be Don Luis Alfonso.
I suppose some would say that it was the Queen Mother of France who was dancing the rumba and the tango at the Spanish version of 'dancing with the stars' btw.

Last edited:
If you call the Duke of AnJou legitimist King Louis XX of HRH the Duke of Anjou you must know these are titles given by himself and his supporters.
Did he really give himself the title of King of France? As far as I know, he has always called himself "just" Duke of Anjou.
Maybe a bunch of supporters call him King of France, but still he isn't.

Could you tell me who is HRH the Duke of Anjou Charles Philippe d'Orléans or Louis de Bourbon ? I am not sure they are RHH.
Michel d' Orléans lost his "predicat" because his father was against his wedding and became Comte d' Evreux.
Prince Michel lost his royal titles, prerogatives and succession rights after his marriage in 1967, considered as morganatic by his father, the late Count of Paris; thus his children were born as morganauts. However, in 1999 the present Count of Paris, elder brother of Michel, de-morganaticized the marriage of his brother and recognized Michel's wife and children as full members of the Royal Family. Later in 2004 Prince Charles Philippe d'Orléans, Michel's eldest son, was given by his uncle the title of Duke of Anjou.
The same title is used by Luis Alfonso, so it happens that the very same title of Duke of Anjou is currently claimed by two members of the rival branches of the House of Bourbon.

Last edited:
No, not in Spain, the Spanish court only refers to him as Don Luis Alfonso de Borbón y Martínez-Bordiú. I believe he has the prefix of His Excellency. In private I am sure he is allowed to refer to himself however he wants, as are his supporters: Grand Duke of Florida, Viscount of Caracas, Marquis of Disneyland, King of France or Emperor of the Universe.

As the son of a Spanish Duke he enjoys the style of His Excellency ,Don Luis Alfonso de Borbón.He cannot claim the Dukedom of Cadiz as it was merged with the Spanish Crown upon the death of his father in 1989 .It was deemed a non hereditary title in the late eighties.But I guess he can call himself HRH The Duc d'Anjou but that holds no validity.

We do not speak about the possible Spanish titles for him but about His French titles. He uses the title HRH the Duke of Anjou and he accepts his supporters call him HM King Louis XX.
Personally I am not one of His supporters even if I suppose He represents the main branch of the House of Bourbon.

Thanks MAfan for your information . The Count of Paris should have given to his nephew the tittle of Duke de Nemours who was close to Prince Michel's family.
They would be only one Monseigneur Louis , Duke d' Anjou.

The Count of Paris should give titles traditional to his branch of the Royal Family.

The Duchess of Anjou attended the Jorge Vazquez Pret a Porter collection presentation as part of the Madrid Fashion Show in Madrid, Spain, on February 13, 2014.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I've got a question about Luis Alfonso's Cousin Stephanie Michelle. I read that her oldest son Nicolas Alexander got married.

GeneAll.net - Nicolas Alexander de Borbn

Is this a fake message? The database gives information of a marriage in 2011. Nicolas Alexander then was only 17 years old! Is this "something American" ;) oder is it just a database failure?

Do I am the only person who is also interested in the families other branch? I always enjoyed the stories around the wild uncle the Duke of Aquitaine and his army of women. No one else?

Louis Alfonse de Bourbon as King of Quebec?

The Provence of Quebec, Canada is coming upon a general election on 7 April 2014 which could lead to Quebec succeeding from Canada to become its own sovereign country. At the moment, this French speaking region, could elect members of the Parti Quebecious that support an independence movement.

If this were to occur, does anyone think that Quebec could adopt a Constitutional Monarchy form of government? And, if so, do you think they would invite the senior male heir of the Capetian Dynasty, Louis Alphonse de Bourbon, Duke of Anjou, to become King of Quebec while patiently waiting for the potential return of the monarchy to France?

Adopting a monarch could be good for business. It would bring a sense of identity to Quebec, reinforce the French culture, bolster the economy, encourage tourism (just look at what William and Kate do for the U.K.).

Quebec has an opportunity to invite a member of the House of Bourbon, a cadet branch of the House of Capet, a descendant of Charlemagne through Robert the Strong and his wife Beatrice of Vermandious who is a descendant of the Counts of Vermandious, and therefore Pepin of Italy, the eldest son of Charlemagne.

Canada currently recognizes Queen Elizabeth II as their Queen and it seems Quebec in wishing to separate itself from Canada would want a monarch that better represents their French culture. Louis Alphonse, a young and modern individual with two male heirs, could fill this void nicely.

Comments and discussion welcome.

Last edited:

The Duke and Duchess of Anjou attended the funeral for the Countess of Ripalda and mother of Jaime de Marichalar in Madrid on March 31, 2014.

** Pic **

Is it true that his Mother Carmen is married for the third time?
In France , they call her la Reine Mère !

Is it true that his Mother Carmen is married for the third time?
In France , they call her la Reine Mère !

Who calls her la Reine-Mère? I wonder if the French know Carmen Martínez-Bordiú at all.... I can not imagine that Carmen is already married again, since she has only divorced less than a year ago.

First marriage (1972-1982) with the Duke of Cádiz
- Francisco de Asís de Borbón (1972-1984)
- Luis Alfonso de Borbón (1974)

Second marriage (1984-1995) with Jean-Marie Rossi
- María Cynthia Rossi (1985)

Third marriage (2006-2013) with José Campos
- No children

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom