Luis Alfonso de Borbón and Family, ('Duke and Duchess of Anjou') 2: 2008-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mafan, Thanks again for the clarification. I still don't understand why some would say he is not the Duke of Anjou unless it's a title exclusively tied to the french crown? So therefore it can only be carried by the head of the french royal house (Orleanists) and not by the senior chief of the entire Bourbons (Luis Alfonso)?
I see this as the only impediment to him claiming the Duke of Anjou because I do believe the renunciation of King Felipe V of Spain IS valid, but as far as I know he renounced the throne for his heirs, NOT the headship of the family.

I also understand his grandfather Jaime abdicated the spanish throne, but not necessarily the headship of the family right?
So isn't the head of the entire Bourbons always by default the Duke of Anjou regardless if they hold thrones or not?

It is difficult to say if the headship of the family is necessarily linked to the claims to the throne or not; but however, even if he is the head of the whole Bourbon Family, this doesn't mean that he can decide to use whichever title connected to the House; he can use the title of Duke of Anjou only if the claimant King of France allows him to use the title (as well as, for example, Archduke Karl of Austria is the Head of Habsburg Family, but he can't create himself Prince of Tuscany).

Usually, when a King (or a claimant) renounces to a Throne (or to his claims), he renounces also to the Headship of his house; otherwise, the situation would be pretty ridicolous, with an ex-King as powerless Head of a Royal Family...

Moreover, Felipe V renounced to his pretensions, rights and titles to the French Throne; and I guess this includes also the title granted him as French Prince, therefore also the title of Duke of Anjou.

I see, wow MAfan your knowledge knows no bounds.

I just feel sorry for the guy because it seems that the whole family feels the need to disgrace him; someone with no titles, a killed brother, a beheaded father... and I find it a pity that the eldest (even if he is not the chief head) of a family that shaped so much of the history of Europe has nothing to go by. After all, many royal houses are still "sovereign" in this modern age because of people honoring tradition and history, so in my opinion it is most unwise for both royal houses to seek to disgrace a branch that carries such a legacy. One would think they have enough problems outside their families (like the fact that many of the spanish don't want prince Felipe to become king) to even bother to disgrace their own blood. What comes to mind is the fact that the title of D. of Cadiz was declared non-hereditary by JC for no apparent reason even though it was Franco who gave the title to Luis Alfonso's father (the same Franco who chose to make JC king) and I firmly believe that if LA were D. of Cadiz he would not claim to be D. of Anjou, nor there would be a quarrel with the orleanists as i think LA would be contempt with just having a title to pass along to his descendants. So sad for his branch indeed (from the point of view of tradition and history).

^^
Maybe because they have so many problems they don't want to help him at all. I doubt that K. JC likes that side of the family as the Duke of Cadiz could have been the king instead of him, and taking into account all the scandals that Carmen Bordiu causes I suppose that th SRF prefers to ignore them. I think that even no one from the RF went to his wedding in Venezuela.

And after all he will be inherit the dukedom of Franco when his grandmother and mother dies, so at least he will have a title

At a French monarchist site Luis Alfonso titulovali his second title - Duke of Bourbon. This corresponds to the rule in the House. At the same time, this title is not available Orleans.

Malibea, good point, he will be Duke of Franco, although I don't think anyone could carry that title proudly in spain lol. Maybe it's a blessing if he only conceives girls as that will put and end to all the quarrels and disputes at once!

Luis Alfonso de Borbón, a punto de convertirse en padre por segunda vez, viaja a París para cumplir con sus compromisos como Duque de Anjou HOLA

He went to Paris to preside the mass in honour of the death of Enrique IV. And the article also says that Margarita will give birth to the babies in a couple of days.

His uncle, Jaime Maritnez Bordiu, has been accused of a crime against public health; this one is not going to end well. :nonono:

jaime martinez bordiu - Gente_Famosos - Gente - ABC.es

Last edited by a moderator:
When Hola announced the birth of twins,
they said they were expected at the end of the spring.
So everything is possible up till June 21st

Well Hola now says that they are going to be born very soon, the only thing we can do is wait ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
If you wait in youkioske.com they will upload the two magazines

Thank you very much Melibea and Frank22. Thank you all for the pictures.

I *knew* they would be beautiful babies-they're such a gorgeous family. Thanks for the links.

MARBELLA, MALAGA,SPAIN, 7 AUGUST 2010 Tony Parker and Eva Longoria joined by fellow celeb couple Antonio Banderas and Melanie Griffith, on Saturday night (August 7) as they attended the Starlite Gala in Benahavis, Spain. The money that guest paid for this gala was destinated to the two respectives foundations (Antonio Banderas and Eva Longoria).
Luis Alfonso and Maria Margarita

Agencja Fotograficzna BE&W - szczegóły zdjęcia

Who that girl? Future queen?:eek::lol:

They really are a handsome couple and Margarita doesn't look as if she had twins a few months ago.:bang:

Wonderful photo of the event:

http://www.telecinco.es/informativos/content/maincontent/153.$plit/C_4_maincontent_3332770_largeimage.jpg

Dear Josette,
the link has expired already!:sad:

Sorry, it still works for me. You can use the link Warren provided and see that lovely picture.

It's really to bad the picture doesn't include Eugenie.

Josette :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom