Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of France

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-25-2009, 12:15 PM
Courtier

Congratulations to the couple!

Old 11-25-2009, 03:31 PM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to the couple!
Yes, it would be extremely difficult to decide who would succeed if both were boys, although it might just be the one who is born a few minutes before.

Old 11-25-2009, 05:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Congratulations to the couple!This is a great new .I am sure this couple is very happy with this new.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:26 AM
Royal Highness

This really is wonderful news! If both were boys then it probably would be difficult to assign succession unless it is just whichever is born first. However the Duke of Anjou is a pretender to a defunct throne and the likelihood of one of his children having a throne to inherit is very slim
Old 11-26-2009, 04:24 PM
Aristocracy

Congratulations to king Louis XX and queen Maria Margarita!
I really hope that the twins will be boys. It would be very good new for all the french legitimists.
Vive Dieu, Vive le Roi et Vive la Reine!
Old 12-26-2009, 06:41 AM
Courtier

According to Hola, the children are expected in May.
At the announcement she was three months pregnant
Old 12-30-2009, 06:46 PM
Gentry

Contact

I wanted to ask, does any one know how one can contact
Prince Louis Alphonse of Bourbon the pretender to the French Throne? As there is no official website, thanks..
Old 01-02-2010, 05:20 AM
Aristocracy

There is an official website of course for the Legitimists : L'Institut de la Maison de Bourbon : Accueil
Old 01-03-2010, 10:07 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Luis Alfonso de Borbon and his wife, Margarita Vargas, lead his daughter to the circus in Madrid
Luis Alfonso de Borbón y su mujer, Margarita Vargas, llevan a su h |Noticias hola.com

http://translate.google.com/#auto|en|
Old 01-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Hello, I just came into this thread, and I have a (might be stupid) question. WHY Luis Alfonso is under the Forum of French Royal family?? I know the story about the legitimistes, but first of all he is Spaniard, non? His father was member of the SRF and his maternal grand father was a spanish aristocrate.

Second question, where can I follow Carmen Martinez Bordiu (Luis Alfonso's mother?)
Old 01-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Aristocracy

Luis Alfonso de Borbon is king Louis XX for the french. He is the legitim heir to the throne of France, NOT to the throne of Spain. King Louis XIV was his ancestor.
And he is spanish AND french.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.F.H.78 View Post
Luis Alfonso de Borbon is king Louis XX for the french. He is the legitim heir to the throne of France, NOT to the throne of Spain. King Louis XIV was his ancestor.
And he is spanish AND french.
Thanks

Is he a French citizen???
Old 01-09-2010, 03:56 AM
Aristocracy

Yes, he is also a french citizen. He is french by his father and spanish by his mother.
On his french identity card it's mentioned "S.A.R. de Bourbon, duc d'Anjou, Louis Alphonse".
Old 01-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Does anybody know when the twins are due (month)?
Old 01-11-2010, 12:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.F.H.78 View Post
Yes, he is also a french citizen. He is french by his father and spanish by his mother.
On his french identity card it's mentioned "S.A.R. de Bourbon, duc d'Anjou, Louis Alphonse".

Thanks for information!

Nevetheless, it is a strange point. Titles are abolished in France, since the Revolution. How can his title appear on his iD? IDs are to be all the same according to the EEC rules!
Old 01-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Royal Highness

Congratulations to the young couple and may these twins bring them all a lot of happiness.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:30 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
Thanks for information!

Nevetheless, it is a strange point. Titles are abolished in France, since the Revolution. How can his title appear on his iD? IDs are to be all the same according to the EEC rules!

He can use tittles and predicat in French Republic (and like the Orleans family) as a part of french culture. Just feodal rights and power by birth were abolished.

But on his passport, or identity card, are written name(s) and surnames for ex. Louis Alphonse Norbert Albert Heudebert Marie Raymond Ernest Gustave Gaston Clovis etc...de Bourbon Franco Machin Chose (and no SAR or de France it's the same for the Orleans they are d'Orléans because it's the surname used by an ancestor, Bourbon and Orléans became a family surname).
It's juridic paper for filiation not a voucher for a throne!

The family of Louis Alphonse and the Orléans are nobody in France. Their ancestors were kings but them, they are nobody. And because of their lack of personnality or remarkable qualities, they are unknown.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:57 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereta View Post
Does anybody know when the twins are due (month)?
I can't recall where I read this, but it has been said that they are expecting later this spring. I'm not sure whether that means April or May. Sorry I can't give you a more definite month. Twins typically arrive early, so my guess is that they will be here sometime between mid-April and the end of April.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:50 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

I know I'm late...But what a good new! Twins for the Duc of Anjou and Margarita Vargas! Congrats! I can't wait to see them!

Vanesa.
Old 01-15-2010, 11:11 AM
Aristocracy

They are expected by the end of May, but rarely do twins get to the end... so I think they would be more likely to have birth by the end of April or the beginning of May.
I wish the duchess of Anjou has a very good pregnancy, although I guess it is not as pleasant as I wish...