Luis Alfonso de Borbón and Family, ('Duke and Duchess of Anjou') 2: 2008-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duke and Duchess of Anjou attended the mass for the 351st anniversary of the foundation of Les Valides:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The Duke and Duchess of Anjou attended the wedding of Grand Duke George of Russia and here is a photo of him with the Orleanist Duke of Anjou.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is the French Duke d' Anjou !!!

Last edited:
The Duke and Duchess of Anjou attended the wedding of Grand Duke George of Russia and here is a photo of him with the Orleanist Duke of Anjou.

The Spanish (self-proclaimed) Duke of Anjou is wearing the famous "cordon bleu" and the star of the Order of the Holy Spirit, which was the highest order awarded by the Kings of France and was one of the 3 most prestigious royal orders of chivalry in Europe by the 18th century.

After the revolution of 1830, the Orleanist King Louis-Philippe did not award any of the royal orders of the House of Bourbon (the orders of the Holy Spirit, St Michel, and St Louis) and kept only the Napoleonic Légion d'honneur. It makes sense then that the Orléanist branch does not claim the sovereignty of the Bourbon orders although, if you follow as I do the Orléanist-Legitimist point of view, following the demise of the Count of Chambord, the sovereignty of the Bourbon orders should have fallen in the head of the Orléans branch as the titular head of the House of France. I find it strange that the Spanish Bourbon-Anjou branch claims the sovereignty of the order of the Holy Spirit and that the ICOC accepts that claim.

Last edited:
Just as a question regarding orders, how can they award them when the monarchy has been abolished?

Just as a question regarding orders, how can they award them when the monarchy has been abolished?

The chefs of the former Reigning Houses consider themselves the be Grand Master of their House's Orders. Imagine that QEII would be exiled, most likely she, and Charles, and William, would countinue the Order of the Garter. Just an example.

The Duke and Duchess of Anjou attended at the Requiem Mass for Baron and Baroness Pinoteau in Saint-Roch Church.

"I am particularly moved this morning to be alongside the family of our dear Baron Pinoteau with my wife, Princess Marie-Marguerite.
The Maison de Bourbon owes him a great deal, in particular the heads of the Maison, since before providing me with his precious help, Hervé Pinoteau had already been at the service of my Father, of my Grandfather, both as Secretary and as Chancellor, for the daily and the perennial"

Here are two videos shared today:

Yesterday, November 15, the Duke of Anjou attended the charity gala La Nuit du Bien Commun in Paris:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The Duke of Anjou has sent his Christmas wishes:

** twitter post **

With our children, Princess Marie Marguerite and myself wish a good and holy Christmas to all; to Christians who celebrate the birth of the Child King, Savior of the World; Non-Christians so that Christmas remains for them the family party so abused nowadays.

That's a rather strange Christmas wish... Is it supposed to be a cry against the commercialization of Christmas?

That's a rather strange Christmas wish... Is it supposed to be a cry against the commercialization of Christmas?

Perhaps Prince Louis was trying to include both those who practice their faith and those who are not religious.

It's time to close this thread. You can find the new one here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom