Luis Alfonso de Borbón and Family, ('Duke and Duchess of Anjou') 2: 2008-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
His Uncle should have titled him Duc de Nemours , it was his own father's will.
Shame on the Comte de Paris , Duc de France , Fils de France and tra lala !

It would have saved a lot of trouble perhaps, but I am quite sure that that was the intention. CP must have agreed with it, before he fell out with his uncle that is. Still, why not use the duke of Anjou title for Prince CP? Because a Spanish aristocrat decided to use it to support his false pretentions?

It would have saved a lot of trouble perhaps, but I am quite sure that that was the intention. CP must have agreed with it, before he fell out with his uncle that is. Still, why not use the duke of Anjou title for Prince CP? Because a Spanish aristocrat decided to use it to support his false pretentions?

As is understood it the Issue is that the Anjou title had always been used by the Main branch (the makle line Issue of Louis XIV.) And it belongs also not to the Titles the Orléans have got via inheritance and never used it the past like Duke of Nemours etc.

Don Luis Alfonso is gaining weight... time for some fitness...

:flowers:

As is understood it the Issue is that the Anjou title had always been used by the Main branch (the makle line Issue of Louis XIV.) And it belongs also not to the Titles the Orléans have got via inheritance and never used it the past like Duke of Nemours etc.

That is true, but after the Philippe de Bourbon, Duc d'Anjou became King Felipe V of Spain, he not only renounced the claims on the throne of France for him and his descendants, also French titles were never used anymore by the reigning "Spanish Bourbons".

The main Bourbon line in France continued to use the title Duc d'Anjou for the later King Louis XV, for an infant son of this Louis XV who died prematurely and for he later King Louis XVIII.

The Carlists and the legitimists using this very French title is remarkable indeed. At the same time we can say that Anjou was never a fief for the Orléans branch. My judgement would be that neither the Orléans branch nor the Spanish branch use this title anymore.

Was his Grandfather the Duc of Segovie, titled Duc d' Anjou ?

Was his Grandfather the Duc of Segovie, titled Duc d' Anjou ?

Don Jaime was given the title Duque de Segovia by his father King Alfonso XIII. That is his legal title, for life. Because he was deaf and had difficulties with speech, Don Jaime renounced the throne for himself and his descendants in 1933.

In 1941 Don Jaime considered himself ainé des Capétiens, head of the whole House de Bourbon. He then assumed the title Duc d'Anjou for himself. In 1949 Don Jaime took back his renouncation and considered himself head of the Royal House of Spain. Twenty years later, in 1969, Don Jaime finally renounced his claim again. (Read: Yes, I am King - Euh..., no, I am not King - Yes, I am King - Euh..., no, I am not King).

The father of Don Luis Alfonso was created Duque de Cádiz, for life by.... General Franco. After the death of his father (in 1975) he also started to style himself as Duc d'Anjou.

Don Luis Alfonso himself started to use the title Duc d'Anjou, after the death of his father considering himself as the ainé des Capétiens (which he is) and therefore the rightful King of France (ignoring all possible legal obstacles). So the French title Duc d'Anjou, which was suddenly used by a Spanish Infante, became sort of hereditary as now three generations started to use that title. It is all pretension anyway.

Don Luis Alfonso is heir to a legally recognized title, that of Duque de Franco and with the honorific Grande de España.

Last edited:
Duc et Pair,
Thanks for your always very documented and interesting threads (except only about Delphine Boel who becomes more and more popular here in Belgium and King Albert II less a great King).

I agree with you Don Luis Alfonso is Duque of Franco and Grande de Espana and is not a Royal Highness as written so many times on this board.

His Mother Carmen was she Royal Highness when she married Don Luis Alfonso and lost her title by her divorce to be Madame Jean Marie Rossi.

if Don Luis Alfonso was still alive he should have married HR & IH Archduchess Constanza of Habsbourg, daughter of the late Archduke Karl Ludwig.

On October 23 the Duchess of Anjou attended the 3rd edition of the 'Grandes Deseos' Auction for the Pequeno Deseo Foundation in Madrid:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

The Duke and Duchess of Anjou celebrated their 10th wedding anniversary (November 6, 2004) with a big party and posed for some pics:

** Hola Cover ** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I am happy for the Duke who had a terrible Childhood. His parents divorced, his Brother and his Father died in suck tragic situations.
Congratulations !

Is he now legally Louis de Bourbon, instead of Luis Alfonso de Borbon? PP refers to him in French while Hola sticks to the Spanish version.

The boys are so like their father! Real mini-mes!

With his connections to both sides of the Pyrenees, he'd be the perfect candidate for a "(co)-Prince of Andorra" if they ever decide to ditch the French President and return to the descendants of the Kings of France.

No reaction of Louis XX to what happened in France these days?

Last edited:
Is there any particular reason for him to voice his opinion?

I am sure he is not indifferent to what happens in France.

Is he now legally Louis de Bourbon, instead of Luis Alfonso de Borbon? PP refers to him in French while Hola sticks to the Spanish version.

Luis Alfonso has the Spanish nationality. Apparently he also received French nationality as a grandson of Emmanuelle de Dampierre. On his French ID he is Louis Alphonse de Bourbon.

So he is both Luis Alfonso and Louis Alphonse...

Last edited:
He considers himself the de-jure King of France...

:whistling:
Based on the photos in this thread, I consider Prince Luis Alfonso to be an aloof reserved person, who avoids courting controversies. Prince Charles-Philippe's opinion was sufficient.

Last edited:
Charles-Philippe d'Orléans is more active on (social) media than Don Luis Alfonso de Borbón. That will be the difference. Also an opinion which is not going with the general flow attracts more attention, of course. By the way, Luis Alfonso's official site Institut Duc d'Anjou has been closed now...

The "other side", Henri d'Orléans and Jean d'Orléans, are more active in and on (social) media than Luis Alfonso. The Comte de Paris has expressed his émotion et tristesse with all the French about the barbarie sauvage which has upset him and and went through his heart.

Last edited:
The Count of Paris (who I regard as the legitimate Head of the French Royal House and rightful King of France) has expressed his reaction to what happend on his Twitter account, but I don't know if he made any further comment.

Thank you, Duc. The Count of Paris is a great man, I'm a big admirer of him, just like as was of his mother, the late Countess of Paris, born Princess Isabel of Orleans-Braganza.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom