Luis Alfonso de Borbón and Family, ('Duke and Duchess of Anjou') 2: 2008-2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that Archduchess Constanza was engaged to Emanuella's son, but he died in a skiing accident before the marriage took place.

Why do they refer to her as Duchess of Segovia since she was divorced from the duke and remarried to another man? It would seem from her authorized biography that she was a rather bitter woman, estranged from several members of her family but most especially from her son Gonzagos children.

You just opened up an enormous can of worms, ;). Many say that she had no right to use it as she divorced Infante Jaime, others say that she can not use it since the title is not official (king Alfonso XIII was in excile when he gave his son the title, it has never been made legal by the Spanish RF).

Others say that since according to canonic law she was still married to infante Jaime, she still was duchess of Segovia, dispite the (civil) divorce.

The Spanish court doesn't use any titles for her, and neither for her grandson. I guess that they will refer to him as duke of Franco when he eventually inherits the title.

Because the canonical marriage of the Duke of Segovia with Emanuelle de dampiere was valid she could use the title until her death.

So according to the church her legal second marriage was not an issue and did not exist? How odd. Does that mean the church thought she lived in sin for a number of years with her second husband?

I do not know if she ever married religiously Mr.Sozzani .

She and Sozzani couldn't marry religiously, as her first marriage to Jaime has never been declared null by the Roman Rota; and when Jaime died - and she, as a widow, could re-marry religiously - she and Sozzani were already living separately. Thus it's extremely unlikely they ever had a religious marriage.

However, what I wonder is: if Emanuela considered herself the wife and later widow of Jaime and thus the Duchess of Segovia, why did she apply for divorce from Jaime in 1947 in Romania and for getting the divorced recognized also in Italy and Austria? And again, if she considered herself the wife of Jaime, why did she remarry - even if only civilly, but still it was a marriage - to another man soon after getting the divorce?

I doubt if she considered herself his widow, if I recall correctly from her authorized biography that marriage was pretty much an arrangement and she did not like him very much.

It was an arrangement: King Alfonso XIII was fed up with his son's life as a philanderer, and managed to find him a wife hoping that Jaime calmed down; and he looked for an unequal wife, to be sure that their issue couldn't make any claim to the Spanish throne (in case that the validity of Jaime's renounciation was questioned). So the King and Donna Vittoria Ruspoli, Emanuela's mother, arranged the (unequal) wedding between their children. As Emanuela later recalled, it was during a dinner that her mother told her that she had arranged the marriage to Jaime.
The marriage turned soon out to be a failure, and Jaime continued to philander, even receiving his mistresses at home.
After some years, and after the death of the King, Jaime and Emanuela divorced and both them remarried to other persons; and after the divorce, Emanuela stopped calling herself the Duchess of Segovia. It was only after that Jaime and his second wife both died that she started using the title again.

I may not understand they were only young Ladies at this Event .

Luis Alfonso de Borbón and Margarita made a shopping spree ;) at a toy store in Madrid on May 31.
Maybe for a belated birthday party for the twins who turned 2 on May 28.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

On the 30th of June Louis XX will present his two sons in a ceremony at Hotel des Invalides.

The Duchess of Anjou participates in the International Jumping Monte-Carlo in Monaco from June 28 -30, 2012.

On day 1, June 28, she had some family support :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

Lovely photos of the Princes´presentation.All three children are gorgeous. But I still can´t tell who is Louis and who is Alfonso.

What adorable children! What was this presentation? Is it a traditional event?

Going back to the very first post on this thread, years ago, the poster says the music is wonderful in the video (yes, wonderful, same music played at wedding of either this couple (Luis, Marguerita) or the other pretenders from Orleans--do not remember which! I was totally confused when I first came to these forums and stumbled upon both weddings, one in South America and one in Portugal--who were these people, did they marry twice? They did look somewhat alike!
Then I read the French commentary on the video of the first post, with the wonderful music. It says the monarch is impartial and does not take sides among the parties or rivalries of institutions. Is that a true statement I wonder?

Last edited:
Now I know that the dark haired one is Louis and the blond is Alphonse!

Duke's Residence??

Where is the Duke's family living now?? Last I read they were living in New York.

:previous:
They still live in New York, having moved to the city from Caracas.
All three of the couple's children were born in the United States: Eugenie - in Miami, while Louis and Alphonse - in New York.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom