The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of France

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 02:01 AM
Aristocracy

Yes, her title will be Duchess of Anjou, but I doubt that she'll have any serious duties. Yes, as far as I know and have been able to research, that is his mom. She does look young, but if you do the math, she was only 23 when he was born. I don't know; maybe she's found the fabled fountain of youth! Or maybe she's had a lot of surgeries.

"At times....I think that if you lifted my heart to your ear, you could hear the ocean. Yet sometimes, when the wind is warm or the crickets sing...I dream of a love for which even time will lie down and be still."
Old 10-23-2004, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenanne
Yes, she is very beautiful. She's fifty-three years old! I like this picture of the two of them; you can see where he gets his looks!
are you serious? that woman is 53? she doesn't look it!!!

Old 10-25-2004, 06:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

Are you guys absolutely SURE that the woman in the picture is Louis Alphonse's mom???? If she is, I want to know where she gets her skin regimen, makeup and surgeries (if any done).
If someone hadn't that was his mom, I would have figured that Louis dumped his fiancee and was dating other women, she being one of them.
By the way, now his fiance is looking pale in front of his mom...
Old 10-25-2004, 03:22 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
Are you guys absolutely SURE that the woman in the picture is Louis Alphonse's mom????
Yes, she is Carmen Martinez Bordiu. She is General Franco's oldest grand-daughter. She got married very young and after some years she left Louis Alphonse and his late brother Francisco with their father. She moved to Paris, got married again and had a daughter called Cynthia. She is divorced now and lives between Paris and Sevilla.
Old 11-03-2004, 09:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Found some pics of Luis Alfonso and his fiancee Margarita...getting married on November 6 (girls, hold your heart steady and don't let your tears show:()
By the way, the couple's pics are from a polo match in Florida, USA.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	104532.jpg
Views:	435
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	53291   Click image for larger version

Name:	104536.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	53292   Click image for larger version

Name:	104537.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	21.2 KB
ID:	53293   Click image for larger version

Name:	104539.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	53294  

Name:	104540.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	53295   Click image for larger version

Name:	104541.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	24.0 KB
ID:	53296   Click image for larger version

Name:	104542.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	53297  
Old 11-11-2004, 06:33 AM
Nobility

Luis Alfonso de Borbón News and Pictures Part 2

Quote:
Is there a list of those belonging to the Order of Malta? If so, please direct me to it so I can help you look for his name. I believe there are around 8,000 Knights of Malta, mostly Catholic clergymen (I think) so... I'm not really sure. I find it hard to believe that it would be so easy to find who belongs to this order. But if there's a list, then I would love to find out too when and why he was admitted.

look this: he with the uniform of the order.

He with other members of the Order of Malta.

And I found this:
In June of 2000, the son of the unlucky Duke of Cadiz was named knight of the Order of Malta and received the greater condecoration of this institution: "the Great Cross of the Honor and the Devotion". This distinction is reserved to the highest personalities, asi like a Heads of Royal Houses.
The solemn and brilliant ceremony in which Luis Alfonso happened to comprise of the Order took place in the room of the Crossed ones of the Castle of Versailles. The young shone the liturgical habit of the order, black, with the white cross of Malta in the chest.
The son of the Duke of Cadiz has been the youngest member in receiving the Great Cross of the Order of Cavalry, that is dedicated in exclusive feature to the service of the poor and ill person.

Excuse my english, but the original text in spanish.

And this is the website of the Order: http://www.orderofmalta.org/index.asp?idlingua=4
Old 11-11-2004, 07:52 AM
Courtier

Great find ally_cooper!!

Guy Stair Saintly from the Franco-Iberian RMB (http://members3.boardhost.com/Franco...msg/38349.html) also said that LA was admitted to the Order of Malta as "HRH .... Duke of Anjou", being invested in the Royal Chapel in Versailles".

I also read somewhere that LA&M are donating the proceeds of the sale of the wedding pics to charities, which I think is soo cool and sweet of them!

Would love to see more pre-wedding pics of Margarita and LA!!
Old 11-11-2004, 09:12 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

LA as a child...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	la_child2.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	55521   Click image for larger version

Name:	la_child.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	55522  
Old 11-11-2004, 12:33 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks, I didn't look in the spanish section, because I've only had a year of it. I suspect that the only reason he was admmited is becuse of his claim to the french throne and not as a young polo-playing banker. If LAB has been an active member for 4 years he should have a record of his "good deeds" otherwise it's look like you join a club to gain acess to publicity not for helping people I know people who joined charity & volunteer groups but HATE to get involved with hands on work just something easy and more importantly get their picture in the local paper its simple and not a real genuine intrest in helping the less fortune. The money is being put up by magazines and not a personal expense coming out of LAb's own pocket or even a tax write off
he's just "forward man in the middle "I think that it's only to generate publicity "oh look I'm such a nice guy I could have kept the money but I'm going to give it way"
If here not admiited as a member of KOM would he have bothered ?
If he married a girl who did not come from a wealthy family there would be no need to do photo shoots and interviews even his mother went to Jaime Penafiel and he is
a columnist/ gossip monger.
Wittykitty
Old 11-11-2004, 03:40 PM
Royal Highness

The second thread continued from LA's wedding to Maria Margarita (wedding link: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...d=1#post141656). Enjoy!
Old 11-11-2004, 04:24 PM
Aristocracy

Here are some more pictures of him:

"At times....I think that if you lifted my heart to your ear, you could hear the ocean. Yet sometimes, when the wind is warm or the crickets sing...I dream of a love for which even time will lie down and be still."
Old 11-18-2004, 05:42 AM

Hi everyone,
Any idea how LA met his bride?

Vicky
Old 11-18-2004, 06:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky
Hi everyone,
Any idea how LA met his bride?

Vicky
Maria Margarita's sister got married with LA's friend. I think they met in the wedding party.

Old 11-18-2004, 10:00 AM
Gentry

His older brother Francois was such a cute fellow. How did he die? His death must have been a hard blow for the whole family.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:14 PM

wonder if they have known each other for a long time. kinda surprise . i understand that luis has moved to venezuela too. afterall, she is from a prominent family huh.
Old 11-18-2004, 07:16 PM

he died in a car accident
Old 11-18-2004, 08:25 PM

do u happen to have a foto of the brother?
Old 11-18-2004, 08:47 PM
Royal Highness

Does anyone know what happened to his father's title, Duque de Cadiz? Are titles passed on to the heir?
Old 11-20-2004, 05:31 AM
Nobility

No, this title return to the Crown. Was not an hereditary title. Here, in Spain, Louis has not titles and rights to sucection.

Quote:
His older brother Francois was such a cute fellow. How did he die? His death must have been a hard blow for the whole family.
François died in february 1984, and he born in november 1972. He only have 11 years old when the family (The Duke Alphonse, François, Louis and the babysitter) return of a weekend in the Pyrinees for Pamplone, and they have an accident. François died two days before, Louis was ... I think was a week in coma, the babysitter also was hurt and the Duke was in coma a very long time and people don't tell him that François died until he was recovered by Louis order.
Old 11-24-2004, 12:36 PM
Nobility

News: Their Honneymoon (is like this?) is in Vitnam, Birmania (I think in english is Burma) and Cambodia.