The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of France

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2004, 05:07 PM
Serene Highness

its alright to say he is beautiful.....cause its true. does he speak a couple of languages?

Old 08-12-2004, 01:58 PM
Nobility

www.hola.com has an article and photos from the petition des mano between louis-alphonso and margarete. can someone post pictures?

Old 08-23-2004, 03:31 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by semisquare
its alright to say he is beautiful.....cause its true. does he speak a couple of languages?
At least spanish, french and english
Old 08-23-2004, 05:12 PM
Commoner

Is someone able to guide through to registration for Hola! I don't speak spanish, so english translation would be very helpful. I assume its free. Hola! should just be totally open to the public as Hello magazine is. Anyways, guidance through registration would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Has a wedding date been set? When is it? Where will it be held?
Old 08-24-2004, 08:31 PM
Serene Highness

hypothetical question-what if Louis decides not to marry her, can the wedding be called off or would her fathers money get in the way and prevent that from happen?
Old 10-08-2004, 03:55 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Has a wedding date been set? When is it? Where will it be held?
Louis Alphonse will marry november, 6th in the church "San Estanislao de Cracovia" in La Romana (Dominican Republic). The celebrations day will start november 4th in the beach. Vitorio y Luchino will be the designers of the bride dress.
Old 10-09-2004, 02:09 AM
Heir Presumptive

Will it be a typical royal wedding or just a quiet one? Does he have to get permission from anyone to marry her?

What will be her title?
Old 10-09-2004, 02:45 AM
Aristocracy

Here's a fairly recent picture of the woman who's stealing my (or should I say "our",semisquare?) man with her future mother-in-law:
"At times....I think that if you lifted my heart to your ear, you could hear the ocean. Yet sometimes, when the wind is warm or the crickets sing...I dream of a love for which even time will lie down and be still."
Old 10-09-2004, 02:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Is the mother a Princess or something?
Old 10-09-2004, 03:12 AM
Aristocracy

Whose mother? Louis Alphonse's? Or that girl's? Louis's mother is not a princess, but she is General Franco's granddaughter. As for that girl, her family is just morbidly wealthy, but not titled.
"At times....I think that if you lifted my heart to your ear, you could hear the ocean. Yet sometimes, when the wind is warm or the crickets sing...I dream of a love for which even time will lie down and be still."
Old 10-09-2004, 03:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

ok thank you for replying, but does anyone think or is he even entitled to have an extravagant royal wedding?
Old 10-10-2004, 01:18 PM
Serene Highness

oh my goodness his mom is beautiful....how old is she? u know... if i was gay(i'm not)i think i might have a cursh on her...just kiddin but she looks good for having a 30 yr old son
australian i think if u have no title that equals a regular wedding.
Old 10-10-2004, 08:43 PM
Aristocracy

Yes, she is very beautiful. She's fifty-three years old! I like this picture of the two of them; you can see where he gets his looks!
Old 10-10-2004, 10:31 PM
Serene Highness

thx for answering my question. i hope i look that good when i turn 53
Old 10-20-2004, 06:42 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenanne
"Si j'avance, suivez-moi; si je recule, tuez-moi; si je mors, avengez-moi!"
~Henri de Rochejaquelein, heros de la guerre de la Vendee.
Thank you for this french heroe sentence. Let's just correct it : "Si j'avance, suivez-moi, si je recule, tuez-moi; si je meurs, vengez-moi!"
~Henri de La Rochejaquelein, heros de la guerre de Vendee

Here is the song :

En partant pour la bataille
J'avais dit, moi faible enfant (bis)
Je serai leur camarade,
Vous m'avez fait commandant

Vendeens !
Marchons au feu sans effroi
Mourrons pour Dieu pour le Roi
Vive le Roi
Vivie Dieu, vive Dieu
Vive le Roi

Si je fonce a la bataille
suivez mon panache blanc (bis)
Si j'ai peur de la mitraille
Sabrez votre chef tremblant

Vendeens !
Mourrons pour Dieu pour le Roi
Vive le Roi
Vivie Dieu, vive Dieu
Vive le Roi
Old 10-20-2004, 10:09 PM
Aristocracy

Sorry for my bad spelling. I had the saying memorized, but not the spelling of it obviously!:) Yes, my French teacher was actually from France and taught us that song as well as many others. We spent a year or two learning about the Vendean Wars and Rocheljaquelein and Charrette(again, spelling?) were my favorite heros.
Old 10-22-2004, 06:07 PM
Commoner

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenanne
Sorry for my bad spelling. I had the saying memorized, but not the spelling of it obviously!:) Yes, my French teacher was actually from France and taught us that song as well as many others. We spent a year or two learning about the Vendean Wars and Rocheljaquelein and Charrette(again, spelling?) were my favorite heros.
Henri du Vergier de La Rochejaquelein (Monsieur Henri)
François Athanase de Charette de La Contrie (Monsieur de Charette).
It's "Vengez-moi" and not "Avengez-moi" ;-)

Today the du Vergier de La Rochejaquelein family is extinct. The Charette de La Contrie family is very numerous. We recently had in France a Charette well known as a judge and another one as member of Parlement and Government member. Here is the song for Monsieur de Charette :

Monsieur d'Charette a dit a ceux d'Ancenis (bis)
Mes amis ! Le Roi va ramener les fleurs de lys

Prends ton fusil Gregoire
Prends ta gourde pour boire
Prends ta Vierge d'ivoire
Nos messieurs sont partis
Pour chasser la Perdrix

Monsieur d'Charette a dit a ceux d'Montfort (bis)
Frappez fort !
Le Drapeau Blanc defend contre la mort !

Prends ton fusil Gregoire
Prends ta gourde pour boire
Prends ta Vierge d'ivoire
Nos messieurs sont partis
Pour aller a Paris

Thank you so much for having those two great frenchmen for heroes ...
Old 10-22-2004, 09:36 PM
Aristocracy

Lol. I'm so bad at spelling. My French teacher would probably have a heart attack if she could read this. We learned that song too, in fact it was my favorite of the ones we learned. The tune is great. If you'd like to discuss these things in more detail, maybe you could message me privately.:)
Old 10-22-2004, 11:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

So when Louis marries his fiance, will her title be Duchess? and would she have any special duties?
Old 10-22-2004, 11:54 PM
Royal Highness

IS that his mom queenanne? If so then she is waaaayyy young looking. I wonder what doe sshe use?
And I always thought Louis was gay.
HE visited St. Louis once.