Luis Alfonso de Borbón and Family (Duke and Duchess of Anjou) 1: Sept 2003-Nov 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
its alright to say he is beautiful.....cause its true. does he speak a couple of languages?

semisquare said:
its alright to say he is beautiful.....cause its true. does he speak a couple of languages?
At least spanish, french and english

Is someone able to guide through to registration for Hola! I don't speak spanish, so english translation would be very helpful. I assume its free. Hola! should just be totally open to the public as Hello magazine is. Anyways, guidance through registration would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Has a wedding date been set? When is it? Where will it be held?

Last edited by a moderator:
hypothetical question-what if Louis decides not to marry her, can the wedding be called off or would her fathers money get in the way and prevent that from happen?

Has a wedding date been set? When is it? Where will it be held?
Louis Alphonse will marry november, 6th in the church "San Estanislao de Cracovia" in La Romana (Dominican Republic). The celebrations day will start november 4th in the beach. Vitorio y Luchino will be the designers of the bride dress.

Will it be a typical royal wedding or just a quiet one? Does he have to get permission from anyone to marry her?

What will be her title?

Here's a fairly recent picture of the woman who's stealing my (or should I say "our",semisquare?) man with her future mother-in-law:
06b681c6.jpg

Is the mother a Princess or something?

Whose mother? Louis Alphonse's? Or that girl's? Louis's mother is not a princess, but she is General Franco's granddaughter. As for that girl, her family is just morbidly wealthy, but not titled.

ok thank you for replying, but does anyone think or is he even entitled to have an extravagant royal wedding?

oh my goodness his mom is beautiful....how old is she? u know... if i was gay(i'm not)i think i might have a cursh on her...just kiddin but she looks good for having a 30 yr old son
australian i think if u have no title that equals a regular wedding.

Yes, she is very beautiful. She's fifty-three years old! I like this picture of the two of them; you can see where he gets his looks!
avec_sa_m_re_Carmen_Martinez-Bordiu.jpg

thx for answering my question. i hope i look that good when i turn 53

queenanne said:
"Si j'avance, suivez-moi; si je recule, tuez-moi; si je mors, avengez-moi!"
~Henri de Rochejaquelein, heros de la guerre de la Vendee.

Thank you for this french heroe sentence. Let's just correct it : "Si j'avance, suivez-moi, si je recule, tuez-moi; si je meurs, vengez-moi!"
~Henri de La Rochejaquelein, heros de la guerre de Vendee

Here is the song :

En partant pour la bataille
J'avais dit, moi faible enfant (bis)
Je serai leur camarade,
Vous m'avez fait commandant

Vendeens !
Marchons au feu sans effroi
Mourrons pour Dieu pour le Roi
Vive le Roi
Vivie Dieu, vive Dieu
Vive le Roi

Si je fonce a la bataille
suivez mon panache blanc (bis)
Si j'ai peur de la mitraille
Sabrez votre chef tremblant

Vendeens !
Mourrons pour Dieu pour le Roi
Vive le Roi
Vivie Dieu, vive Dieu
Vive le Roi

Sorry for my bad spelling. I had the saying memorized, but not the spelling of it obviously!:) Yes, my French teacher was actually from France and taught us that song as well as many others. We spent a year or two learning about the Vendean Wars and Rocheljaquelein and Charrette(again, spelling?) were my favorite heros.

queenanne said:
Sorry for my bad spelling. I had the saying memorized, but not the spelling of it obviously!:) Yes, my French teacher was actually from France and taught us that song as well as many others. We spent a year or two learning about the Vendean Wars and Rocheljaquelein and Charrette(again, spelling?) were my favorite heros.
Henri du Vergier de La Rochejaquelein (Monsieur Henri)
François Athanase de Charette de La Contrie (Monsieur de Charette).
It's "Vengez-moi" and not "Avengez-moi" ;-)

Today the du Vergier de La Rochejaquelein family is extinct. The Charette de La Contrie family is very numerous. We recently had in France a Charette well known as a judge and another one as member of Parlement and Government member. Here is the song for Monsieur de Charette :

Monsieur d'Charette a dit a ceux d'Ancenis (bis)
Mes amis ! Le Roi va ramener les fleurs de lys

Prends ton fusil Gregoire
Prends ta gourde pour boire
Prends ta Vierge d'ivoire
Nos messieurs sont partis
Pour chasser la Perdrix

Monsieur d'Charette a dit a ceux d'Montfort (bis)
Frappez fort !
Le Drapeau Blanc defend contre la mort !

Prends ton fusil Gregoire
Prends ta gourde pour boire
Prends ta Vierge d'ivoire
Nos messieurs sont partis
Pour aller a Paris

Thank you so much for having those two great frenchmen for heroes ...

Lol. I'm so bad at spelling. My French teacher would probably have a heart attack if she could read this. We learned that song too, in fact it was my favorite of the ones we learned. The tune is great. If you'd like to discuss these things in more detail, maybe you could message me privately.:)

So when Louis marries his fiance, will her title be Duchess? and would she have any special duties?

IS that his mom queenanne? If so then she is waaaayyy young looking. I wonder what doe sshe use?
And I always thought Louis was gay.
HE visited St. Louis once.

Yes, her title will be Duchess of Anjou, but I doubt that she'll have any serious duties. Yes, as far as I know and have been able to research, that is his mom. She does look young, but if you do the math, she was only 23 when he was born. I don't know; maybe she's found the fabled fountain of youth! Or maybe she's had a lot of surgeries.:D

queenanne said:
Yes, she is very beautiful. She's fifty-three years old! I like this picture of the two of them; you can see where he gets his looks!
are you serious? that woman is 53? she doesn't look it!!!

Are you guys absolutely SURE that the woman in the picture is Louis Alphonse's mom???? If she is, I want to know where she gets her skin regimen, makeup and surgeries (if any done).
If someone hadn't that was his mom, I would have figured that Louis dumped his fiancee and was dating other women, she being one of them.
By the way, now his fiance is looking pale in front of his mom...;)

pdas1201 said:
Are you guys absolutely SURE that the woman in the picture is Louis Alphonse's mom????
Yes, she is Carmen Martinez Bordiu. She is General Franco's oldest grand-daughter. She got married very young and after some years she left Louis Alphonse and his late brother Francisco with their father. She moved to Paris, got married again and had a daughter called Cynthia. She is divorced now and lives between Paris and Sevilla.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found some pics of Luis Alfonso and his fiancee Margarita...getting married on November 6 (girls, hold your heart steady and don't let your tears show:mad::(:confused:)
By the way, the couple's pics are from a polo match in Florida, USA.

Attachments

• 104532.jpg
    104532.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 631
  • 104536.jpg
    104536.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 401
  • 104537.jpg
    104537.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 384
  • 104539.jpg
    104539.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 370
  • 104540.jpg
    104540.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 311
  • 104541.jpg
    104541.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 302
  • 104542.jpg
    104542.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 518
Luis Alfonso de Borbón News and Pictures Part 2

Is there a list of those belonging to the Order of Malta? If so, please direct me to it so I can help you look for his name. I believe there are around 8,000 Knights of Malta, mostly Catholic clergymen (I think) so... I'm not really sure. I find it hard to believe that it would be so easy to find who belongs to this order. But if there's a list, then I would love to find out too when and why he was admitted.
oom1.jpg

look this: he with the uniform of the order.
oom2.jpg

He with other members of the Order of Malta.

And I found this:
In June of 2000, the son of the unlucky Duke of Cadiz was named knight of the Order of Malta and received the greater condecoration of this institution: "the Great Cross of the Honor and the Devotion". This distinction is reserved to the highest personalities, asi like a Heads of Royal Houses.
The solemn and brilliant ceremony in which Luis Alfonso happened to comprise of the Order took place in the room of the Crossed ones of the Castle of Versailles. The young shone the liturgical habit of the order, black, with the white cross of Malta in the chest.
The son of the Duke of Cadiz has been the youngest member in receiving the Great Cross of the Order of Cavalry, that is dedicated in exclusive feature to the service of the poor and ill person.

Excuse my english, but the original text in spanish.

And this is the website of the Order: http://www.orderofmalta.org/index.asp?idlingua=4

Great find ally_cooper!!

Guy Stair Saintly from the Franco-Iberian RMB (http://members3.boardhost.com/Francoiberian/msg/38349.html) also said that LA was admitted to the Order of Malta as "HRH .... Duke of Anjou", being invested in the Royal Chapel in Versailles".

I also read somewhere that LA&M are donating the proceeds of the sale of the wedding pics to charities, which I think is soo cool and sweet of them!

Would love to see more pre-wedding pics of Margarita and LA!!

Last edited:
LA as a child...

Attachments

• la_child2.jpg
    la_child2.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 449
  • la_child.jpg
    la_child.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 394
Thanks, I didn't look in the spanish section, because I've only had a year of it. I suspect that the only reason he was admmited is becuse of his claim to the french throne and not as a young polo-playing banker. If LAB has been an active member for 4 years he should have a record of his "good deeds" otherwise it's look like you join a club to gain acess to publicity not for helping people I know people who joined charity & volunteer groups but HATE to get involved with hands on work just something easy and more importantly get their picture in the local paper its simple and not a real genuine intrest in helping the less fortune. The money is being put up by magazines and not a personal expense coming out of LAb's own pocket or even a tax write off
he's just "forward man in the middle "I think that it's only to generate publicity "oh look I'm such a nice guy I could have kept the money but I'm going to give it way"
If here not admiited as a member of KOM would he have bothered ?
If he married a girl who did not come from a wealthy family there would be no need to do photo shoots and interviews even his mother went to Jaime Penafiel and he is
a columnist/ gossip monger.
Wittykitty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom