The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of France

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 01:31 PM

Hi everybody

I'm a 24 year old french with german blood. I feel monarchist since I was a child and I must said that I find the dukes of Anjou pefect for th job of king & queen when I see them on the pictures posted here
Maybe they already know that it would be hard to get the throne & stay long. french are so "versatile" , unstable, always ready to criticise their king and moreover the queen...and to make a revolution.
It's probably better like that. They're already king & queen in the heart of their partisans Maybe it's enough. The duke suffered already enough in his life.
A "vieil adage" said that "his kingdom his under his feet, wherever he walks, Where is the king there is the France" magic
Kaiser Franz Josef knew it when he gave extraterritoriality to king Miguel II of Portugal or every exiled monarchs living in Austria.
But the times show that we can still expect a good surprise !

I enjoy french history, my favorite king is Henri IV, who made peace around him between catholics & protestants in the beginning of the XVII th century.

I got one question. Have Louis Alphonse & sister Cynthia good relations ?
Are there pictures showing them together?

Old 10-17-2008, 09:09 PM
Heir Apparent

This is the first time that I have looked at this thread. They are such a beautiful couple. He has such a tragic history, but it looks like he is very happy with his lovely wife and daughter.

Old 11-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Nobility

Why does Louis Alphonse have bad relations with the Spanish royals?
Old 11-04-2008, 08:14 AM
Administrator

It is not Luis Alfonso the individual that the Spanish Court wishes to keep at arms length, but Luis Alfonso the senior primogeniture representative of the Bourbon dynasty and senior primogeniture descendant of Alfonso XIII. Although he himself has never made any such claims, some legitimists see Luis Alfonso as the rightful King of Span and of France.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:50 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The matter with the Spanish Court and in particular with King Juan Carlos is that Luis Alfonso claims to the French Throne and uses the title of Duke of Anjou, while he has no rights to them because of the renunciation of King Felipe V in 1700.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:52 AM
Nobility

So the Spanish Royals do not like the fact that he claims the French throne? Do they think there is someone else with a more valid claim?
Old 11-04-2008, 11:00 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I don't know it exactly...Spain officially recognizes the existance of the French Republic, so...Sincerely I don't know it

Maybe Spanish Royals support the Orleans claimant, Henri VII...Other claimants are Luis Alfonso and prince Jean Christope Napoleon, and I doubt that thy support the second one...
Old 11-04-2008, 11:43 AM
Aristocracy

Honestly I don't think that Spanish royals support Henri, count of Paris and his son Jean, duke of Vendôme. And obviously no chance that they support the prince Jean-Christophe Napoléon.
But, like said Warren, Luis Alfonso de Borbon represents the elder of Capetians so he could pretend to the throne of France and also the throne of Spain.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

But there's the renunciation of Felipe V to the rights to the French Throne signed for Himself and his descendants...It's ever valid
Old 11-04-2008, 12:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

This Prince is The Duke of Anjou and General Franco's great grandson.

The late Count de Paris said that when Alfonso saw he lost the throne of Spain although his wedding , he started to pretend the throne of France.
Didn' he change his name of Duke de Cadix to his father name Duc d' ANjou ?
Old 11-04-2008, 12:36 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Alfonso who?

In 1987 Spanish government decided that the title of Duke of Cadiz would not be hereditary, so Luis Alfonso in not the duke of Cadiz, and neither of Anjou due to the 1700 renunciation.
Old 11-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Aristocracy

On the Wikipedia you can find it about Dukes of Anjou :
Quote:
After the death of Henri, Count of Chambord, Carlist claimants became head of the House of Capet and also of the House of Bourbon. Some of them used the title of Duke of Anjou.
  • Jacques, Duke of Anjou and Madrid (1870-1931)
  • Alfonso Carlos of Bourbon, Duke of San Jaime (1849-1936)
In 1941, Jaime, Duke of Segovia, succeeded his father the exiled king Alfonso XIII of Spain, Alphonse I of France as heir-male of the House of Capet and therefore as Legitimist claimant to the French throne. He then adopted the title of Duke of Anjou, as formerly born by his ancestor Philip V of Spain.
  • Henri VI (1908–1975)
  • Alphonse II (1936–1989)
  • Louis XX (1974-present) ---) Luis Alfonso de Bourbon
Old 11-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think I was wrong .
His maternel Grand- Grandfather was General Franco
but his paternel Grand-Grandfather was not Jaime Duke of Segovie/Anjou , but King Alfonso XIII of Spain ?
Strange Destiny !
Old 11-06-2008, 09:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

why they still live in Venezulea?It is sutch a dangerous country!
Old 11-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by biboquinhas View Post
why they still live in Venezulea?It is sutch a dangerous country!
I think because he works there...
Old 11-06-2008, 12:25 PM
Aristocracy

No, they live in Madrid in Spain now.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:15 PM
Commoner

Our beloved Duke and Duchess in Rome for Papal Audience : http://www.chivalricorders.org/royal...al-Vatican.jpg (The arrival of the Duke and Duchess of Anjou with Princess Eugenie, the duchess' mother is speaking to her granddaughter while M. Chiaradia-Bousquet corrects the placement of the the badge of the Saint Esprit. ) At the evening party for Mme the Duchess of Segovia and Anjou, at the Palazzo Massimo de Pirro http://www.chivalricorders.org/royal...-Mamberti2.jpg http://www.chivalricorders.org/royal...-Ferretti2.jpg http://www.chivalricorders.org/royal...sadors-etc.jpg http://www.chivalricorders.org/royal...ssofAnjou2.jpg
Old 11-11-2008, 12:34 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you for these pics Aubisse!
Our royal couple duke of Anjou Luis Alfonso and duchess Maria Margarita are so nice!
Old 11-11-2008, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

These are the first photos I can see of the Duchess of Segovia
Old 11-12-2008, 11:04 AM
Nobility

The Duchess wore black to see the Pope? I thought female Catholic royalty wore white?