The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of France

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 06:52 AM
Nobility

What a happy family! I like them very much!

The people of Venezuela what think about them?

I am curious to know....

Old 04-02-2007, 09:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes Emmeleia I'am also curious to know! In my opinion Venezuela don't have an opinion about them!They are just on more rich young couple!

Old 04-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Just another couple of selfish socialites probably, they don't seem to involved in charities anyway. Did they sell those pictures to the boulevard magazines or did they pose for free btw?
Little Eugenia (Madame Royale to some staunch legetimists probably) looks very cute...
Old 04-10-2007, 08:18 PM
Courtier

The baby is very pretty. Congratulations to the family.
I have tried to read up on the history of the House of Borbon but I am finding it very confusing. (Wikipeadia)
Are there any sites that make it easier to understand??
Thanks in advance.
Old 04-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Commoner

Try the Royal Bourbon Tree here : Généalogie des Bourbons - Wikipédia

Old 05-28-2007, 11:20 AM
Royal Highness

The baptism of Eugenia/Eugénie will take place this saturday (2nd June) in Paris. This will be a private event. A reception will be given in honour of the little girl sunday.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:43 AM
Heir Apparent

The child grandmother and her husband are invited?
Old 05-31-2007, 01:44 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Hmmm...I was wondering about that too. I read somewhere that Duke of Anjou Luis Alfonso de Borbón was having some troubles with his mother, Carmen Martínez Bordiú. I don't know how his personal relationships are with the new husband of his mother...

Vanesa.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:23 AM
Royal Highness

Here is a link ot an article and photos from hola.com about the christining. LUIS ALFONSO Y MARGARITA VARGAS BAUTIZAN A SU HIJA EN PARIS
Old 06-03-2007, 02:01 AM
Royal Highness

I look at the family photos and I still get the feeling that he married her for her money. There seems to be something lacking in the photos (al ook of love perhaps) that appears in other royal family photos (such as Crown Prince & Princess of Denmark with their babies).
Old 06-03-2007, 04:01 AM
Heir Apparent

margarita looked delightful in that summer dress yesterday (any ideas on the designer?)! and eugenia is becoming lovelier every day. hope we see her again soon...
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-03-2007, 09:41 PM
Courtier

I just saw the pictures. I was surprised that she wore a sleeveless dress to a Catholic ceremony. Maybe she wasn't told or maybe she's not a devout Catholic because if you are you should know that. And she's supposed to be a consort of a claimant to the French throne of some sort. Anyway just an observation, I don't see love between these two whenever I see them unlike other royal couples. Like someone said I too think he married her for money. How did they meet anyway? I also heard that he works in his father-in-law's company and will soon work for a bank he also owns in Spain. Marriage with benefits I guess.....
Old 06-04-2007, 01:20 AM
Royal Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168
I look at the family photos and I still get the feeling that he married her for her money. There seems to be something lacking in the photos (al ook of love perhaps) that appears in other royal family photos (such as Crown Prince & Princess of Denmark with their babies).
I do not think so...THe girl is lovely, and Luis Alfonso NEVER had the most expressive face of the world! I saw photos of his childhood and he seemed to be expressionless...As if he hasn't any feelings inside. The eyes are empty and the smile is weak. He was ALWAYS this way. Maybe , having a mother like the one he has is not so easy. His father was not awfully bright , I think, and his grandmother Emmanuelle of Dampierre was always dominant and hard, even if I respect her as a great lady.

I always tought that a man who believes he is "Louis XX" must be much more personal, a leader, a man passionated of his role as an hypotetic King of France (even if he never gets the title) and not a boring entreprise worker , who cannot even smile properly to conquer people's sympaty and whose roots doesn't interest awfully much...Oh...If I was him...:fleur-de-lis-flag:

Vanesa.

Vanesa.
Old 06-04-2007, 09:43 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Loved Eugenia at her christening and the reception the day afterwards..
Old 06-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Aristocracy

They are a lovely young couple and Eugenia is a cute baby.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

What are the titles of Luis Alfonso, and of Margarita and the little Eugenia??

Is the case of Margarita the same as the case of Clotilde of Savoy?? And the case of Eugenia the same as Vittoria & Luisa of Savoy? Meaning Eugenia is styled a Princess..
Old 06-05-2007, 09:38 AM
Administrator

It depends entirely on your viewpoint.
To some, Luis Alfonso and his wife are the Duke and Duchess of Anjou, and together with their daughter, Prince/Princesses of Bourbon, with the qualification of Royal Highness.
To others, Luis Alfonso is His Excellency Luis Alfonso de Bourbon, and his wife and daughter are... well, his wife and daughter.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Exactly Warren, so it is plain Miss Eugenia de Borbon. As she was born in the US I don't think she is allowed to get de Borbon y Vargas.
Old 06-06-2007, 03:30 AM
Aristocracy

I was in Paris on sunday, I can tell you that the duke of Anjou (he is really the person who would be king if France decided to re-establish monarchy, the French dynastic laws are quite precise) really loves his wife, who really loves him, and who is very courageous because the weather was not so warm sunday, and she shaked hands during more or less one hour, outside, wearing her light dress, while she has always lived in tropical countries...
Her dress for the christening would be a Carolina Herrera one, I read it on Hola forum, and I confess that it surprised me too, because the princess Margarita is a very devote catholic, always wearing covering clothing (at least, more than women of her age, it is often reproached to her), so it was unusual.
I was very pleased to see the duke of Anjou so happy. His wife is exactly the person he had always said he needed : a person who loved him, in spite of the fact he looks so cold... In fact, he doesn't really look so cold when you get used to. He is less expressive. He confessed, a few years ago, that he was no more able to weep, after such a life of tragedy, but if you look, for instance, at his marriage photos, you can really see how deep his joy. His wife is also the person he needed because he was not rich, in spite of a prestigious diploma he was working in a bank, nearly as a mere recruiter for high-profile customers, and now he is responsible with the international affairs of his father-in-law's bank, as a french monarchist I prefer, it is a far better formation for a future king. Also, I think his in-laws are a loving family, in which he feels happy. Of course, they are so fond of polo, and he is too tall and strong to become one day a great polo player, but nothing really terrible...
He was poor because, if his father was said to be stupid (by people following don Juan, father of king Juan-Carlos), it is absolutely not because he was, but because as a prince and as husband of Franco's grand-daughter, he could have enriched as many others did, i.e. not very honestly, instead of what he never asked for anything but his salaries, considered very modest.
Old 06-06-2007, 04:38 AM
Administrator

Thank you Thribette for adding to the discussion with your debut post.