The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of France

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 11:12 AM
Serene Highness

Louis-Alphonse of Borbón and his wife Margarita travelled to Valencia to live the tradicional spanish festivity of "Fallas".

Margarita Vargas de Borbón dressed as fallera participated in a celebration consisting in a flower offer to the Virgen de los Desamparados. In this second picture Margarita covers her head with a black mantilla.

(source: Hola magazine)

Old 03-24-2006, 03:27 AM
Administrator

We appear to have TWO Luis Alfonso threads running concurrently.

I have merged the two, and will spin off some of the more recent posts into Part 2.

Part 2 can be found here.

Old 04-30-2006, 06:19 PM

King Louis XX of France House of Bourbon

I found King Louis XX of France House of Bourbon quite interesting. He has a nice site at http://www.royaute.org/ but I don't know if he will last like D'Arc didn't.

Best Wishes, -King Fernidad Frederick of Prussia
Old 06-18-2006, 08:50 PM
Gentry

Excuse, but I have a question.

Luis Alfonso is married Maria Margarita. Him mother was the grand daughter of Spanish dictator Franco. Luis Alfonco and him father are considered legitimists as heir-at-laws of the French kings. Excuse me, but unless it not morganatic marriages?
Old 06-19-2006, 04:11 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian
Excuse, but I have a question.

Luis Alfonso is married Maria Margarita. Him mother was the grand daughter of Spanish dictator Franco. Luis Alfonco and him father are considered legitimists as heir-at-laws of the French kings. Excuse me, but unless it not morganatic marriages?
Their is no morganatic marriage in the french royal families.
And about being the heirs, many people will disagree with you.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Their is no morganatic marriage in the french royal families
Whether means this fact what representatives of the French royal families marry on love?

Quote:
And about being the heirs, many people will disagree with you
At Luis Alfonso there are not enough supporters?
Old 06-20-2006, 10:20 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian
Whether means this fact what representatives of the French royal families marry on love?
What I meant is that for the Orléans and the Bourbons, the notion of morganatic wedding simply doesn't exist. An "unequal" marriage is not a morganatic one, and is allowed. When Charles-Louis d'Orléans, duke of Chartes, married Ileana Manos, his wife became princess Ileana, duchess of Chartres, he wasn't deprived of his rights and their two sons have rights on the french throne.

Quote:
At Luis Alfonso there are not enough supporters?
First there's very few monarchist supporters. Secondly, I highly doubt L-A cares a lot about his rights to the french throne. He does very little to claim them. Thirdly, this claim is not very popular among monarchists, and is known in France since less times than the orleanist one.
Old 07-02-2006, 03:01 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
First there's very few monarchist supporters. Secondly, I highly doubt L-A cares a lot about his rights to the french throne. He does very little to claim them. Thirdly, this claim is not very popular among monarchists, and is known in France since less times than the orleanist one.

I really respect your opinion but I do not agree with you at all.

A large majority of the French monarchists are Legitimists and for them, Louis XX, the elder of all the Capetians and of all the descendants of King Louis XIV the Great, is the only pretender of the French throne.

According to the fundamental laws of the Kingdom of France, the Crown of France is transmitted by order of seniority, from male descendant to male descendant of the same branch; it is only in the case of extinction of the elder branch that it passes to the elder of the branch which comes immediately after.

For the French Legitimists, Louis-Philippe I was an usurper. Moreover, his father Louis-Philippe d'Orleans, Philippe Egalité, voted for the death of King Louis XVI. For us, the Orleans are regicides, they cannot claim to the throne of France.

Par la Grâce de Dieu, Louis-le-14ème.

Edit: I have edited your post. Regular members are not allowed to use bold letters. Thank you. Danielane.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:48 PM
Commoner

Louis, duc d'Anjou will be in Paris in September

According to the Intitut de la Maison de Bourbon, he shall introduce a lecture about Queen Marie Antoinette
Old 07-24-2006, 07:40 PM
Gentry

Luis Alfonso had girlfriends or brides from the European princesses earlier? I heard, many of its supporters have been disappointed by its Venezuelan marriage?
Old 07-24-2006, 11:16 PM
Royal Highness

Trust me, when you fall in love and marry someone that loves you too, that's not being dissapointed, is having all the luck in the world.
Old 08-01-2006, 04:41 AM

Summer holidays

Where Luis Alfonso and his wife will spend their summer holidays this year? Will they be in Spain?
Old 08-01-2006, 07:16 AM
Nobility

Why didn't Luis Alfonso attend his mother's wedding?
Old 08-02-2006, 02:09 PM
Courtier

Nobody knows the real reason, but many spanish jornalists says the the reason is that Luis Alfonso doesn´t approve his mother beahaviour and he doesn´t accept as well her marriage with a much younger man
Old 08-02-2006, 04:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Few weeks ago I heard that Margarita is in pregnant. Any confirmations about that?
Old 08-02-2006, 10:33 PM
Royal Highness

I tried to find news using the names of the couple and could not track down anything recent, either in English or Spanish. But I did find some delicious gossip from 2005 on the poor conduct shown by Luis Alfonso's mother toward his wife and her fellow cariocas (as in people from Venezuela or Caracas, Venezuela), sorry that is in english:
http://www.gentiuno.com/articulo.asp?articulo=2904
Old 09-12-2006, 01:18 PM
Royal Highness

Luis Alfonso de Bourbon (Louis XX for his supporters) and his wife are expecting their first child: Maria Margarita is due in spring 2007. Source Hola who quotes a press release from the couple.
Old 09-12-2006, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Luis Alfonso de Borbón and his wife Maria Margarita Vargas will be parents next spring of their first son. The pair, that lives in Venezuela, wanted to present the news through a sent official notice Efe agency. He was Luis Alfonso who, from Caracas, was put in telephone contact with the mentioned agency saying: “The Dukes of Anjou have the pleasure and the joy to communicate that they wait for the birth of his first son for the next spring”.

www.hola.com
Old 09-25-2006, 07:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Prinz Luis Alfonso Gonzalo von Bourbon, Borbon mit Frau Maria Margarita Vargas Santaella beim Koncert in Anjou, in der Cathedral d' Angers
from seeger

Emmanuela de Dampierre, Prinz Luis Alfonso Gonzalo von Boubon, Borbon mit Frau Maria Margarita Vargas Santaella vor der Cathedral Saint-Louis bei der Messe für verstorbene Soldaten in Paris.
from seeger

Old 10-07-2006, 04:30 AM
Royal Highness

The one thing I recall reading about their wedding was the fuss his mother made about the Spanish Royal Family not attending or replying to the invitation. To not invite his supporters of his claim on the French "Throne" to the wedding is a slap in their face (as is marrying across the Atlantic and not in Spain or France). He should distance himself from his mother if she is going to act in a trashy manner unbecoming to an alleged heir to the throne.