The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of France
Click Here to Login

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-06-2019, 09:05 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Jean, Comte de Paris, Head of the Royal House of France, Wife & Family, Feb 2019 -

Arms of the Royal Family of France

Welcome to thread of Prince Jean of Orléans, Count of Paris [formerly Duke of Vendôme], Head of the Royal Family of France, Philomena, Countess of Paris and their children.

Commencing February 6th, 2019

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Old 02-06-2019, 09:24 AM
Administrator

Jean, Comte de Paris, has given his first interview to French magazine Point de Vue, talking about the relationship with his late father, that has not always been easy, his death and the funeral:

** pdv: Le prince Jean se confie en exclusivité sur sa relation avec le défunt comte de Paris ** translation **

Please copy the text itself into a translator. The google translation above is not that reader-friendly..

Old 02-06-2019, 03:11 PM
Majesty

It sounds like it wasn't an easy or close father-son relationship, but I am impressed by the sensitivity, respect and tact with which HRH pays tribute to his late father.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 02-06-2019, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
It sounds like it wasn't an easy or close father-son relationship, but I am impressed by the sensitivity, respect and tact with which HRH pays tribute to his late father.
Yes its quite sad but at least he said that at least towards the end they had mended some fences.

14 May 1643-Death of Louis XIII de France /Louis II de Navarre
Old 04-06-2019, 12:40 PM
Majesty

Prince Jean d'Orléans has a new website: https://comtedeparis.com/

I am happy he uses the traditional Arms of France: a shield of azure with three golden fleurs-de-lys (as you can see in my avatar).

In December his late father suddenly changed these Arms with the addition of a Sacré-Coeur in between the three fleurs-de-lys, but the new head of the House has - so to see - not followed that strange and ugly aberration.
Old 04-07-2019, 10:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

On Saturday, 6 April the Count of Paris, attended the inauguration of the flower festival "Les Naturalies" Dreux, visiting all the stands of participants.

https://www.la-couronne.org/actualit...lies-de-dreux/
Old 04-07-2019, 11:20 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
On Saturday, 6 April the Count of Paris, attended the inauguration of the flower festival "Les Naturalies" Dreux, visiting all the stands of participants.

https://www.la-couronne.org/actualit...lies-de-dreux/
That is a nice event in his garden. I think the Prince is a well-known and well-liked neighbour for the people of Dreux.
Old 04-10-2019, 06:30 PM
Royal Highness

The Count of Paris will receive President Macron at the Château d'Amboise in May to commemorate 500 years since the death of Leonardo da Vinci:

https://eurohistoryjournal.blogspot....nt-macron.html
Old 04-10-2019, 08:12 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjamin View Post
The Count of Paris will receive President Macron at the Château d'Amboise in May to commemorate 500 years since the death of Leonardo da Vinci:

https://eurohistoryjournal.blogspot....nt-macron.html
I Don't really see the link between Leonardo da Vinci and the Royale family of France…. can someone enlighten me ?
Old 04-10-2019, 08:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
I Don't really see the link between Leonardo da Vinci and the Royale family of France…. can someone enlighten me ?
Leonardo Da Vinci died in the city of Amboise where he lived for the last few years of his life supported by his close friend King Francois I.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
In 1516 Francis I seized control again of Milan. At the time Leonardo was a guest of Pope Leo (same time Michelangelo and Rafael were working in the Vatican). He accompanied the Pope to meet Francis, and was commissioned by Francis who was quite a art patron, to create a golden lion. Francis later offered him a home and a pension to spend out his remaining years in France. They became friends over the three years that Leonardo was in France.

I admit I read on it after watching 'Ever After'. I was surprised to see Da Vinchi in it and thought it was purely fictional as the rest of the movie was. It was in the sense he wasn't at court, but he was certainly in France.
Old 04-11-2019, 01:31 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Doesn't prince Jean support the thugs in the yellow vests? One must assume he can keep a meeting with the president a civil affair .

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76
Leonardo Da Vinci died in the city of Amboise where he lived for the last few years of his life supported by his close friend King Francois I.
Thanks! I was also wondering about the link as well.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:02 AM
Heir Apparent

The Castle of Amboise belonged to the Comte de Paris Henri Senior. Is it still yet?
Old 04-11-2019, 07:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you for the information.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Did President Macron asked to visit or was he asked. Question of the french newspapers!
Old 04-11-2019, 06:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
The Castle of Amboise belonged to the Comte de Paris Henri Senior. Is it still yet?
Since 1974, the château has been administered by the Fondation St Louis, which the late Count of Paris created and placed various properties into its care.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks Benjamin for correcting;
Old 04-14-2019, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Leonardo Da Vinci spent his last years and died at the Chateau du Clos Lucé, near to the Royal Castle of Amboise.
His remains are also buried within the grounds of the Castle of Amboise, in the Chapel of Saint Hubert.
Old 04-16-2019, 05:19 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The Count and Countess of Paris have sent a message of condolence to the French public after the Notre Dame fire:

Incendie à Notre-Dame de Paris : les messages du comte et de la comtesse de Paris - Noblesse & Royautés

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 04-18-2019, 05:28 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Jean and his brother Prince Eudes were outside the Notre Dame for a candlelit vigil on Tuesday:

Recueillement devant Notre-Dame de Paris pour le comte de Paris et le duc d'Angoulême - Noblesse & Royautés

Le Figaro also published a tribune from Jean:

http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/tr...ans-le-figaro/

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank