Henri, Comte de Paris (1933-2019), Head of the Royal House of France, wives & family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Count and Countess of Paris in Moscow, Russia, for presentation of the Count's exhibition in March, 2011.

photo gallery

It is interesting how the Count of Paris appears very rarely together with the Duke of Vendome.

That would be wasting their time.
It would be similar to the Queen always appearing with Prince Charles.
They have different agendas and workloads.

Different agendas or different ideas?

This concerns the former Comte de Paris.
What a family , I am sure that even in the most poor family of France this will not happen!

This family is a bit pathetic, maybe if they all get jobs, they wont need daddies inheritance to live off of. The Count was wrong but what his children are doing is low class for regular people, so much more for royals. This is just another tarnish on the ruined Orleans name..

Well, getting the patrimony back isn't all that tacky IMHO. Most children of the late count have reached the retirement age by now, and I do believe that most of his grandchildren actually do have jobs. Just a sad affair and I am sure that the family regrets that this all has become public.

Also considering that much of the inheritance were items that have been in the French royal family for hundreds of years, even items that belonged to the Louisa, then I think that it isn't tacky to try and get them back

It's not tacky to try and get them back in a discreet way, but the Orleans are never discreet, they want the most attention possible and it just makes them look bad.

Noblesse and Royautés is a Belgian french board started by Regine Saelens. She is doing very good work. But her board is taken by french " nostalgic royals" who made harsh remarks about the Orleans and the Duke of Anjou. They were more than 300 post about the former Comte and Comtesse de Paris and children and their Estate.

I hope this will not happen with the RF.

Micaela Cousino had not been accepted.

I really can't understand she wasn't accepted as the Rote has authorized their Christian wedding so why ...

Micaela Cousino married the Count of Paris in a religious wedding so it is hard to understand the reason.

I saw stupidly a Man kneeling and saying «* vive le Roi*».

The count of Paris was kicked out of a mass to commemorate the death of Louis XVI is St. Germain l'Auxerois...
As far as I understand from the article, he was not kicked out because of the religious reasons. Were there any political ones?
According to the canon laws Masses have to be open to the faithful. There is no possibility to kick anyone out, unless there is a security reason.
The Count was not excommunicated, was he?:ermm:

Micaela Cousino had not been accepted.
Their marriage was recognized by Church, thus she was accepted. She just was not invited by the association which organized the Mass. The Count of Paris was aware of it.

Last edited:
I am perplexed by the Count's behaviour. He does not come across as a person, who seeks cheap fame. Why wasn't he invited?

Last edited:
... Why wasn't he invited?
According to the comments at some French blogs, it occured that the Count's father never attended this Mass (commemorating the death of King Louis XVI).
Philippe Egalité's descendants...:sad:

The count of Paris is not neccesarily a very popular figure.

According to the comments at some French blogs, it occured that the Count's father never attended this Mass (commemorating the death of King Louis XVI).
Philippe Egalité's descendants...:sad:
Thanks for the additional information!
I am truly surprised to see the Count making a scene instead of dealing with the invitation situation in a better way.

Last edited:
...I am truly surprised to see the Count making a scene instead of dealing the invitation situation in a better way.
You are absolutely right! I believe that some Christian humility and dignity fit the Prince better.

He apologized for his ancestor, Philippe Egalite', who had voted for the death of Louis XVI.

Well, you can hardly blame the count of Paris for what Philippe Egalité did IMHO. And refusing entrance to a mass isn't exactly the christian spirit either, so very odd that the organization didn't let the countess in.

As I understand it the count was invited but his wife was not. Guess the hosts forgot that you cannot bar someone from attending mass in a public church, unless for reasons of overcrowding or security which would not have been the cases.

The new Countess of Paris was not invited due to reasons known only to the Mass organisers. It was unpleasant but it was hardly the reason, in my personal opinion, to behave like a politician seeking to improve ratings.

Last edited:
For sure the matter could have been settled in a different and more quiet way, i.e. like asking the organizers to invite also the Countess of Paris and/or refusing to attend the Mass without his wife.

Back
Top Bottom