Henri, Comte de Paris (1933-2019), Head of the Royal House of France, wives & family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The royal family should not support any candidate.

The last Bourbon King ended his Reign almost 170 years ago. Any restoration is a fata morgana. Henri d'Orléans is a citizen of the Republic. He served in the armed forces of the Republic. He cooperated with the authorities of the Republic. He is subjected to the law, he pays taxes, the democracy in France is also his democracy. The choice for a centrist candidate is a pretty obvious one. No one will fall over it.

The Comte de Paris did nothing for his 2 handicaped Children.
Their Mother SAR Madame la Duchesse Montpensier took care of them and also ther Grandmoter the late Madame la Comtesse de Paris.

The Comte de Paris did nothing for his 2 handicaped Children.
Their Mother SAR Madame la Duchesse Montpensier took care of them and also ther Grandmoter the late Madame la Comtesse de Paris.

That is pure gossip. Both Prince Francois and Princess Blanche were born more than 55 years ago, a total different era, with severe mental handicaps. The parents have never hidden these two, on the contrary: at family gatherings the two are surrounded with love and compassion by the whole family.

The parents have placed the two in institutions in Switzerland and France, where they receive the best care possible. More than 55 years ago society had a completely different idea about the roles of husband and wife in a marriage. The mother stayed home and cared for the children. The father usually was responsible for the family income and had the role of a Pater Familias. That was common in the whole of Europe.

That the mother of Prince Francois and Princess Blanche was more visible did fit exactly in the framework she wanted to portray: the poor Princess, so hit with malheur de vie, doing her best for her two precious angels. That was exactly the role everyone expected from a mother and Princess Marie-Thérèse did her best. To draw the conclusion that Prince Henri "did nothing" is for your account. He was the responsible parent for the two until they were 21 years old. They have had the best care, so Prince Henri did also what was expected from a father back then in 1962 or so.

Last edited:
Their Wedding ended after 15 years !
Henri d' Orleans Sun left his family and had an Artist life such as creating an Orléans Parfum ! His Father gave him the tittle of Comte de Mortain.
His Daughter Marie did not want her Father be Present at her Wedding with Prince G. of Liechtenstein. This Wedding first planned in Dreux took place in Wurtenberg.

Marie's wedding was a total mess.

Her father was invited. He was at the engagement party. He gave an interview he was happy to talk to her after three years, and attend. That was until he found out he was not to give her away.

Marie's mother seemed to be playing some kind of game. Not only did she leave Henri off the invitation, but she left his father off. Henri Sr had been her biggest supporter after the marriage failed. Because of the issues, Marie chose to be married at the castle of her double aunt and uncle (the Duke was her mothers brother and duchess her father's younger sister). To appease her grandfather, she had a civil wedding in France but it didn't work. Only six guests attended. He called the family to boycot her wedding, due to the invitation, and not being in France. Traditionally a French princess married in France unless her husband was a sovereign or heir which Gundekar wasn't. 250 went to the religious but the boycot was still evident. Her brother Jean (he attended both ceremonies), her mother, her grandmother The countess of Paris, and two of her father's siblings attended. One if them being of course her aunt who hosted the wedding.

"The pretender to the throne of France, Henri d’Orléans, Count of Paris, Duke of France, has previously said in several interviews that he would not support any candidates for the French presidential election. Now, he has changed his opinion and stands behind the Republicans (or Les Républicains) candidate, François Fillon. This came to light after he posted a tweet on his personal Twitter profile." ... [snipped]]
I am surprised with Henri's, Count of Paris, decision to publicly take sides in the 2017 Presidential campaign. I too hope Mr Fillion wins. He is said to be pragmatic.

Last edited:
It makes sense for him to vote for Fillon, Le Pen is too primitive. Imo Fillon won't make it though, but I'm no psychic.

Count de Paris Sr offered Princess Marie's Wedding Dress and the Religious Wedding of this new Generation should have been in Dreux like all the Orléans princesses before.

I never understood this "volte face" to Wurtenberg and Marie wearing a loan Wurtenberg tiara instead of an Orleans tiara as did later her Cousines Evreux..

I was told at that time that Marie did not want her Father be present and that she wanted the same wedding as her Cousine Mathilde before.

Their Wedding ended after 15 years ![...]

That is not too bad, 15 years for an arranged marriage with two total different stubborn characters. There have been plenty of royal weddings "out of love" breaking up sooner than 15 years...

Slightly veering off the topic ...

It makes sense for him to vote for Fillon, Le Pen is too primitive. Imo Fillon won't make it though, but I'm no psychic.
I think that you are right. If Mr Macron loses the 2017 election, I will be greatly surprised.

Last edited:
Mr Macron has nothing to do with the Communiqués de Monseigneur !

Fillon, like the Henri d'Orléans is a 'busted flush'...

Via the Franco-Iberian Royal Message Board (link) I learned that Henri d'Orléans and Luis Alfonso de Borbón did attend Mass at the Cathédrale Saint-Louis-des-Invalides, a commemoration of the 302nd anniversary of the Hôtel des Invalides, founded by their ancestor Louis XIV de Bourbon.

It is heartwarming to see the French and Spanish cousins together at a public event. An Orléanist blog has a report with pictures: link.

:flowers:

Last edited:
Miracles do happen....it could not have taken place with both their predecessors !

At the 400th commemoration of the death of Henri IV, we saw Jean d'Orléans and Luis Alfonso de Borbón together. So it seems slowly, avoiding disputes, at least the French and Spanish "cousins" can speak to each other.

Last edited:
It is nice to see both branches of the Bourbons attending the anniversary of the Hôtel des Invalides. Both sides can maintain polite relationships.

Last edited:
The late comte de Paris sold much of the family heritage but what remains in the family? Do the present comte, his son Jean, live in chateaux? Are they very rich still?

The late comte de Paris sold much of the family heritage but what remains in the family? Do the present comte, his son Jean, live in chateaux? Are they very rich still?

I believe that the duke of Vendome lives here:

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-nCkei54OpX4/VfGtpTX7N6I/AAAAAAAAAxI/oGo6UGWC7qk/s1600/P1110881.JPG

The house is next to the chateau of Dreux and is called after a previous occupant: the composer Danican Philidor. The house was restaured in 1978,and used as aweekend and holiday retreat for the duchess of Montpensier and her children. The duke of Vendome had it renovated in 2011 and moved there with his family.

source: la couronne.

I have no idea where the count of Paris lives.

Most properties of the family were either sold or put in a foundation. In 2008 and 2015 there were two auctions where family items were sold: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...nd-countess-of-paris-2008-2015-a-18583-7.html

The late count and countess of Paris had 10 children with descendants, so whatever was left got scattered. The present countess of Paris still uses the Joinville comb tiara. The duchess of Vendome uses the sapphire earrings of Marie-Amelie's sapphire parure, which were a gift from the ex-king of Bulgaria to the Duchess of Montpensier at her wedding in 1957. There is also Mellerio sapphire tiara that was given to the duchess of Montpensier upon her wedding in 1957. The tiara of the action francaise was last seen in 2014 for the wedding of Ct. Melchior de Schonborn.

Last edited:
IIRC the ownership of most - or at least of a great part - of the assets of the House of Orléans was transferred by the late Count of Paris to the Fondation Saint Louis, back in the 1970s; the Fondation currently owns a few castles (included the Chateau d'Amboise) and the Chapelle Royale in Dreux.
Later on another part of the assets was sold, again by the late Count of Paris, and this decison met the opposition of some of his children.

A new portrait of the Count of Paris Henri from the Malaysian painter Ken Yang

Monseigneur le comte de Paris, par l'artiste-peintre malaisien, Ken Yang - Le blog de La Couronne

https://translate.googleusercontent...nyang/&usg=ALkJrhiDCCqUb5V2WSYoWV89EmlIo_WaCw

The Count of Paris will exhibit some of his watercolors at the "Salon des Artistes Indépendants" from 14 to 18 February 2018, at the Grand Palais in Paris.

Exposition des aquarelles de Mgr le comte de Paris au Grand Palais de Paris - Le blog de La Couronne

Last edited by a moderator:

The Count of Paris at the exhibition of his paintings at the "Salon des Artistes Indépendants" at the Grand Palais in Paris on February 13:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

On Sunday 11th there was a Church Celebration for your late Son François. No show up !

Back
Top Bottom