The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 06-19-2006, 01:13 AM
Russian's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Russia, Russia
Posts: 81
France and Monarchy

Excuse me, but I have a question.
What chances of restoration of a monarchy in France in XXI century? When its lawful King and successor Henry IV, Louis XIV, Louis XV, Louis XVI, Louis XVII, Louis XVIII, Charles X and Henry V from Dynasty Bourbons will return to France?

I wish to tell that I LEGITIMIST and the supporter of Legality and Validity
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-19-2006, 04:09 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: N/A, France
Posts: 1,665
There are very few chances that France goes back to royalty...
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-19-2006, 09:40 AM
norwegianne's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rogaland, Norway
Posts: 5,995
I agree, Danielane. I doubt that France will return to a monarchic form of government. I suspect that Spain was the last country to return to a monarchy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-19-2006, 10:40 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: N/A, France
Posts: 1,665
I'd like to add there's a major probleme for the monarchy to be back in France: most of the monarchists are linked with severe or extrem right ideas, while they claim monarchy should be above parties. That doesn't help to explain their ideas among the french population.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-19-2006, 12:07 PM
Furienna's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Örnsköldsvik, Sweden
Posts: 1,206
France hasn't had a monarchy for a long time, and I don't think they will restore it either.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Russian's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Russia, Russia
Posts: 81
I am upset very much with that fact that Le Comte de Chambord has not left any successors. Really with its death such nice dynasty of the French kings has interrupted?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-19-2006, 07:12 PM
Toledo's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain, residing in the USA, United States
Posts: 1,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian
Excuse me, but I have a question.
What chances of restoration of a monarchy in France in XXI century? When its lawful King and successor Henry IV, Louis XIV, Louis XV, Louis XVI, Louis XVII, Louis XVIII, Charles X and Henry V from Dynasty Bourbons will return to France?

I wish to tell that I LEGITIMIST and the supporter of Legality and Validity
I think Grand Duchess Maria and her cousins have better chance in your land that all the Bourbons put together in France. Wow, that sentence even rhymes when you say it fast!
So I'll go by what Danielane says since the coment is made by a resident of France.
Speaking of which, remember our talk someplace else on the Forum on the next elections where the Count of Paris (?) was running for President and the Bonaparte Heir for some local plotical position? Any updates on that?

I'm a monarchist but with some common sense, not everyone in line to be a King is fit to be one. I'm glad we have King Juan Carlos in my country even when the legitimists wanted someone else back then.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-19-2006, 11:59 PM
Russian's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Russia, Russia
Posts: 81
Toledo
I know sad history Philippe Egalite and his son Louis-Philippe. Therefore I cannot be supporters Orlean of dukes who are lineal descendants of Egalite and his son.

As to Maria Vladimirovna, I cannot consider as its successor of the Russian Imperial Throne. Its grandfather, Grand duke Kirill Vladimirovich has betraid Tsar Nikolas II and has come over to the party of revolution (compare it with Philippe Egalite!!!). The reason of this treachery consists in desire Kirill Vladimirovich to borrow Russian Imperial Throne, not reckoning with successor Alexei suffering by a hemophilia.

Still also Tsar Nikolas has not recognized marriage of this prince with the German princess because of their closely related attitudes (on the father and on mother they were cousins).

The posterity from this marriage HAS BEEN deprived the RIGHT OF SUCCESSION of RUSSIAN THRONE!!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: N/A, France
Posts: 1,665
There's no update for a political role of a Bonaparte, Orléans or Bourbon. If I hear about one, be sure I'll post it here.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-20-2006, 11:11 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian
Excuse me, but I have a question.
What chances of restoration of a monarchy in France in XXI century? When its lawful King and successor Henry IV, Louis XIV, Louis XV, Louis XVI, Louis XVII, Louis XVIII, Charles X and Henry V from Dynasty Bourbons will return to France?

I wish to tell that I LEGITIMIST and the supporter of Legality and Validity


The Holy French Monarchy is immortal.
The French legitimists are trustful because we think that the French Republic is leaving its last years. The Holy Capetian Monarchy will soon be restored in France. We are working for it and we think that it's just a question of a few years.

Par la Grâce de Dieu, Louis-le-14ème.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-20-2006, 11:15 AM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Furienna
France hasn't had a monarchy for a long time, and I don't think they will restore it either.

Since Hugues Capet, The Holy Capetian Monarchy reigned in France during more than 800 years. Please, do not confuse with the short reign of the Bonapartes.

Par la Grâce de Dieu, Louis-le-14ème.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: N/A, France
Posts: 1,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis14
The Holy French Monarchy is immortal.
The French legitimists are trustful because we think that the French Republic is leaving its last years. The Holy Capetian Monarchy will soon be restored in France. We are working for it and we think that it's just a question of a few years.

Par la Grâce de Dieu, Louis-le-14ème.
Oh my God, we are VERY impressed. Maybe you're working for it, but the main part of french people don't even know who are the pretendants.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Furienna's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Örnsköldsvik, Sweden
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis14
Since Hugues Capet, The Holy Capetian Monarchy reigned in France during more than 800 years. Please, do not confuse with the short reign of the Bonapartes.

Par la Grâce de Dieu, Louis-le-14ème.
Actually, I didn't think about the Bonapartes. I thought about the Capets. But how long ago was it, that France last had a king of that dynasty? Well, I checked. It was 1848. The last Bonaparte emperor, Napoleon III, didn't seem to be allowed to reign until his death either. And since 1870, France have only have presidents or chiefs of goverment as its heads of state.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-20-2006, 02:32 PM
morhange's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Springfield, United States
Posts: 570
Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
I suspect that Spain was the last country to return to a monarchy.
I don't know about that, Crown Prince Alexandar of Yugoslavia may have a chance sometime in the future, now that Serbia has split from Montenegro.
__________________
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
Oh my God, we are VERY impressed. Maybe you're working for it, but the main part of french people don't even know who are the pretendants.

Louis XX, the elder of all Capetians and the only applicant of the throne of France, is very known in France.

Par la Grâce de Dieu, Louis-le-14ème.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-20-2006, 02:47 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
I'd like to add there's a major probleme for the monarchy to be back in France: most of the monarchists are linked with severe or extrem right ideas, while they claim monarchy should be above parties. That doesn't help to explain their ideas among the french population.

The monarchist current in France is made up of all the currents of thought, which go from the extrem right to the extrem left. For example, Thierry Ardisson, a French TV star, is a monarchist of the left current.

Par la Grâce de Dieu, Louis-le-14ème.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-20-2006, 02:49 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: N/A, France
Posts: 1,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis14
Louis XX, the elder of all Capetians and the only applicant of the throne of France, is very known in France.

Par la Grâce de Dieu, Louis-le-14ème.
It's seems you're making a confusion between personal wishes and reality. I'm republican, so are all my friends and knowledges: noone knows Louis Alphonse de Bourbon.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-20-2006, 02:52 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: N/A, France
Posts: 1,665
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis14
The monarchist current in France is made up of all the currents of thought, which go from the extrem right to the extrem left. For example, Thierry Ardisson, a French TV star, is a monarchist of the left current.

Par la Grâce de Dieu, Louis-le-14ème.
First point: it's impossible to be from extrem left wing and monarchist (these ideologies merely don't get with each other). It's nearly as impossible to be a left-wing monarchist: I've met only ONE people in this case, and as a left wing activist and local responsible, I think I know the subject.
Secondly: when I'm reading monarchist papers, news, ideas, I see more (extrem) right wings points than left-wing ideas. But that's my personal experience and analyse of everything I can read on Internet about monarchist ideas.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-20-2006, 04:03 PM
Furienna's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Örnsköldsvik, Sweden
Posts: 1,206
Quote:
Originally Posted by morhange
I don't know about that, Crown Prince Alexandar of Yugoslavia may have a chance sometime in the future, now that Serbia has split from Montenegro.
But hasn't Yugoslavia done without a king since before the second world war? There was no king during the time of Tito, and after that, the former union of Yugoslavia started falling into parts like Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia-Hercegovina, Serbia, Montenegro and Macedonia. I hardly suspect any re-installment of the monarchy there. It was too long ago, that the monarchy was overthrown. Even if Spain re-installed its monarchy after decades, the serbs have been without a monarchy for a much longer time than what the spanish have. I don't think so. Sorry.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-20-2006, 10:09 PM
Toledo's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain, residing in the USA, United States
Posts: 1,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
There's no update for a political role of a Bonaparte, Orléans or Bourbon. If I hear about one, be sure I'll post it here.
Thanks Danielane. I'm curious of how things are going with those two royals since I heard they want to be part of the elections. I find it quite amusing because brings back memories of how Napoleon III started in politics over 150 years ago.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hello from France isabelle 53 Member Introductions and Updates 4 08-12-2008 03:40 PM
Hello from France ! Violaine Member Introductions and Updates 3 03-14-2008 11:14 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jewellery jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games ottoman picture of the month poland pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince maurits prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess beatrix princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:14 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]