The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-19-2006, 01:13 AM
Gentry

France and Monarchy

Excuse me, but I have a question.
What chances of restoration of a monarchy in France in XXI century? When its lawful King and successor Henry IV, Louis XIV, Louis XV, Louis XVI, Louis XVII, Louis XVIII, Charles X and Henry V from Dynasty Bourbons will return to France?

I wish to tell that I LEGITIMIST and the supporter of Legality and Validity

Old 06-19-2006, 04:09 AM
Royal Highness

There are very few chances that France goes back to royalty...

Old 06-19-2006, 09:40 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree, Danielane. I doubt that France will return to a monarchic form of government. I suspect that Spain was the last country to return to a monarchy.
Old 06-19-2006, 10:40 AM
Royal Highness

I'd like to add there's a major probleme for the monarchy to be back in France: most of the monarchists are linked with severe or extrem right ideas, while they claim monarchy should be above parties. That doesn't help to explain their ideas among the french population.
Old 06-19-2006, 12:07 PM
Serene Highness

France hasn't had a monarchy for a long time, and I don't think they will restore it either.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:45 PM
Gentry

I am upset very much with that fact that Le Comte de Chambord has not left any successors. Really with its death such nice dynasty of the French kings has interrupted?
Old 06-19-2006, 07:12 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian
What chances of restoration of a monarchy in France in XXI century? When its lawful King and successor Henry IV, Louis XIV, Louis XV, Louis XVI, Louis XVII, Louis XVIII, Charles X and Henry V from Dynasty Bourbons will return to France?

I think Grand Duchess Maria and her cousins have better chance in your land that all the Bourbons put together in France. Wow, that sentence even rhymes when you say it fast!
So I'll go by what Danielane says since the coment is made by a resident of France.
Speaking of which, remember our talk someplace else on the Forum on the next elections where the Count of Paris (?) was running for President and the Bonaparte Heir for some local plotical position? Any updates on that?

I'm a monarchist but with some common sense, not everyone in line to be a King is fit to be one. I'm glad we have King Juan Carlos in my country even when the legitimists wanted someone else back then.
Old 06-19-2006, 11:59 PM
Gentry

Toledo
I know sad history Philippe Egalite and his son Louis-Philippe. Therefore I cannot be supporters Orlean of dukes who are lineal descendants of Egalite and his son.

As to Maria Vladimirovna, I cannot consider as its successor of the Russian Imperial Throne. Its grandfather, Grand duke Kirill Vladimirovich has betraid Tsar Nikolas II and has come over to the party of revolution (compare it with Philippe Egalite!!!). The reason of this treachery consists in desire Kirill Vladimirovich to borrow Russian Imperial Throne, not reckoning with successor Alexei suffering by a hemophilia.

Still also Tsar Nikolas has not recognized marriage of this prince with the German princess because of their closely related attitudes (on the father and on mother they were cousins).

The posterity from this marriage HAS BEEN deprived the RIGHT OF SUCCESSION of RUSSIAN THRONE!!!!
Old 06-20-2006, 10:09 AM
Royal Highness

There's no update for a political role of a Bonaparte, Orléans or Bourbon. If I hear about one, be sure I'll post it here.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:11 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian

The Holy French Monarchy is immortal.
The French legitimists are trustful because we think that the French Republic is leaving its last years. The Holy Capetian Monarchy will soon be restored in France. We are working for it and we think that it's just a question of a few years.

Par la Grâce de Dieu, Louis-le-14ème.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:15 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furienna
France hasn't had a monarchy for a long time, and I don't think they will restore it either.

Since Hugues Capet, The Holy Capetian Monarchy reigned in France during more than 800 years. Please, do not confuse with the short reign of the Bonapartes.

Old 06-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis14
The Holy French Monarchy is immortal.
The French legitimists are trustful because we think that the French Republic is leaving its last years. The Holy Capetian Monarchy will soon be restored in France. We are working for it and we think that it's just a question of a few years.

Oh my God, we are VERY impressed. Maybe you're working for it, but the main part of french people don't even know who are the pretendants.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Since Hugues Capet, The Holy Capetian Monarchy reigned in France during more than 800 years. Please, do not confuse with the short reign of the Bonapartes.

Actually, I didn't think about the Bonapartes. I thought about the Capets. But how long ago was it, that France last had a king of that dynasty? Well, I checked. It was 1848. The last Bonaparte emperor, Napoleon III, didn't seem to be allowed to reign until his death either. And since 1870, France have only have presidents or chiefs of goverment as its heads of state.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
I suspect that Spain was the last country to return to a monarchy.
I don't know about that, Crown Prince Alexandar of Yugoslavia may have a chance sometime in the future, now that Serbia has split from Montenegro.
His sense of responsibility is not less than yours or mine. How could we tell right from wrong as simple people in any kind of situation? How could we know that our courage, loyalty and lives were not misused for evil purposes?
Old 06-20-2006, 02:41 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielane
Oh my God, we are VERY impressed. Maybe you're working for it, but the main part of french people don't even know who are the pretendants.

Louis XX, the elder of all Capetians and the only applicant of the throne of France, is very known in France.

Old 06-20-2006, 02:47 PM
Gentry

Quote:
I'd like to add there's a major probleme for the monarchy to be back in France: most of the monarchists are linked with severe or extrem right ideas, while they claim monarchy should be above parties. That doesn't help to explain their ideas among the french population.

The monarchist current in France is made up of all the currents of thought, which go from the extrem right to the extrem left. For example, Thierry Ardisson, a French TV star, is a monarchist of the left current.

Old 06-20-2006, 02:49 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Louis XX, the elder of all Capetians and the only applicant of the throne of France, is very known in France.

It's seems you're making a confusion between personal wishes and reality. I'm republican, so are all my friends and knowledges: noone knows Louis Alphonse de Bourbon.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The monarchist current in France is made up of all the currents of thought, which go from the extrem right to the extrem left. For example, Thierry Ardisson, a French TV star, is a monarchist of the left current.

First point: it's impossible to be from extrem left wing and monarchist (these ideologies merely don't get with each other). It's nearly as impossible to be a left-wing monarchist: I've met only ONE people in this case, and as a left wing activist and local responsible, I think I know the subject.
Secondly: when I'm reading monarchist papers, news, ideas, I see more (extrem) right wings points than left-wing ideas. But that's my personal experience and analyse of everything I can read on Internet about monarchist ideas.
Old 06-20-2006, 04:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by morhange
I don't know about that, Crown Prince Alexandar of Yugoslavia may have a chance sometime in the future, now that Serbia has split from Montenegro.
But hasn't Yugoslavia done without a king since before the second world war? There was no king during the time of Tito, and after that, the former union of Yugoslavia started falling into parts like Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia-Hercegovina, Serbia, Montenegro and Macedonia. I hardly suspect any re-installment of the monarchy there. It was too long ago, that the monarchy was overthrown. Even if Spain re-installed its monarchy after decades, the serbs have been without a monarchy for a much longer time than what the spanish have. I don't think so. Sorry.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
There's no update for a political role of a Bonaparte, Orléans or Bourbon. If I hear about one, be sure I'll post it here.
Thanks Danielane. I'm curious of how things are going with those two royals since I heard they want to be part of the elections. I find it quite amusing because brings back memories of how Napoleon III started in politics over 150 years ago.