The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-26-2006, 12:50 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russian
That is the majority of the Frenchmen considers a monarchy as frivolous business? Except for Louis 14?

In spite of the denials of the Republicans, no French is unaware of the existence of the Royalist movement. Our briefings are very attended by the French.

It should be known that the French Republican laws do not authorize the creation of Royalist parties, whereas the Republican parties can have a legal existence and profit, under certain conditions, of a public financing. This is the Republican democracy in France!

Par la Grâce de Dieu, Louis-le-14ème.

Old 06-26-2006, 01:15 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by flctylu
Are the French people seriously thinking of adopting a monarchy ? When I wrote a reply to this thread earlier I thought it was a "your opinion" to whether or not France should have a monarchy. I did'nt know the French were seriously considering it.
Can anyone share more light on the situation. The political situation of France, right now. I'm very intrested.
The French will always remember that the Capetians reigned in France during 800 years and that France knew its apogee, the golden age of its power under the reign of Louis XIV the Great. At that time, France was very respected in the whole world. Impossible to compare with the current disorder and the decline in which the Republicans put France. We do not know even anymore by whom our country is governed!

The French remember and know that after the inescapable collapse of the Republican institutions, the restoration of the Monarchy will be the unique alternative.

Old 06-26-2006, 01:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis14
In spite of the denials of the Republicans, no French is unaware of the existence of the royalist movement. Our briefings are very attended by the French.

It should be known that the French republican laws do not authorize the creation of royalist parties, whereas the republican parties can have a legal existence and profit, under certain conditions, of a public financing. This is the republican democracy in France!

It sounds a bit strange what you say here. As France is part of the EU and certain laws are common throughout the union, I don't think that "royalist" parties are forbidden just because they want to restore the monarchy. Even the Austrians have no problem with such a movement (and Austria's royalty has been treated far more harshly then the French since WWI).

Thus I wonder if the problem may not be the wish to exchange a presidential democracy for a monarchistical democracy, maybe the law does not want to allow for parties which wish to exchange the reign of the people headed by a president to a more absolutistic monarchy with a reigning king?

Just an idea - I would be glad to receive more information.
Old 06-27-2006, 10:34 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
Thus I wonder if the problem may not be the wish to exchange a presidential democracy for a monarchistical democracy, maybe the law does not want to allow for parties which wish to exchange the reign of the people headed by a president to a more absolutistic monarchy with a reigning king?

Just an idea - I would be glad to receive more information.

A Monarchist party is a party which works for the restoration of Monarchy and the end of the Republic. A real Monarchist party does not have to fall under Republican logic.
French Republican laws do not allow the legal existence of parties which wish to change the Republican system by a monarchist one.

Old 06-27-2006, 11:00 AM
Serene Highness

Wow! The French law is picky!
Old 07-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Commoner

a royal president things that make you go hmmm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programme...ht/5146732.stm
Old 07-04-2006, 06:11 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeneve_valois
a royal president things that make you go hmmm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programme...ht/5146732.stm
This article is about the probably-candidate Ségolène Royal. It has nothing to do with the matter of this thread. I hope this article won't be a matter for commentaries or others posts, or the moderating team will delete the concerned posts.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Danielane, French Royalty Moderator
Old 07-11-2006, 06:42 PM

Quote:
The French will always remember that the Capetians reigned in France during 800 years and that France knew its apogee, the golden age of its power under the reign of Louis XIV the Great. At that time, France was very respected in the whole world. Impossible to compare with the current disorder and the decline in which the Republicans put France. We do not know even anymore by whom our country is governed!
Republicans in France are a product of French Revolution, French Revolution was a product of a poor political administration of both Louis XV and Louis XVI, the first indangered Louis XIV achievements in the Nine Years War which ended with a shameful treaty of Peace that endorsed french colonial losses and established British sea supremacy. The second did nothing to fix Louis XV damage to France, didnt try to restore order to the his prime ministers (Necker specially) and end with the expensive benefits of the nobles, besides drove France into the worst econimical crisis in its history, even worst, by protecting noble and clerical aristocracy he made the country pay for their waste.
So when you are talking of Republican disaster you see history repeats herself, honestly i am a bonapartist, but i admire both Phillip Augustus and Louis XIV(beside Turenne, Villars, Conde) and from my point of view if there is chance of monarchy conducting France again even Orleanists have better chances to retain the throne than Bourbons
Old 07-27-2006, 02:05 AM
Gentry

Charles de Gaulles and French monarchy

Excuse me, but I have a question.
In France there was a presidential mode of Charles de Gaulles. I heard, this president had any monarchic plans. Tell, there could be restored a French monarchy during times of a presidential mode of Charles de Gaulles?
Old 07-27-2006, 10:50 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louis14
The Holy French Monarchy is immortal.
The French legitimists are trustful because we think that the French Republic is leaving its last years. The Holy Capetian Monarchy will soon be restored in France. We are working for it and we think that it's just a question of a few years.

That's wonderful. I hope you are right. Continue working hard to restore the legitimate monarchy of France!
Old 09-17-2006, 08:26 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
I agree, Danielane. I doubt that France will return to a monarchic form of government. I suspect that Spain was the last country to return to a monarchy.
Sorry Norwegianne but your incorrect about Spain being the last monarchy restored really last the monarchy that was restored is that of Cambodia their monarchy was restored back in 1993.While Spain restored their monarchy back in 1975.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 09-18-2006, 12:38 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Hmm, I was in France this past spring and I didn't see any movement towards restoring the monarchy.

Maybe because I was in Paris and it was during the student strikes. Paris cut itself off from the monarchy when Louis XIV moved his court to Versailles; from then on, Paris had a totally different history.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 09-23-2006, 02:11 AM
Courtier

I think the french would not like their country being a monarchy again they seem happy with their country being a republic.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 09-23-2006, 03:37 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Star
I think the french would not like their country being a monarchy again they seem happy with their country being a republic.
That's what I would have thought but as Americans I think we're just guessing.

What are the thoughts of our French members? How do the French view the aristocracy and the current pretenders?
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 09-23-2006, 04:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
That's what I would have thought but as Americans I think we're just guessing.

What are the thoughts of our French members? How do the French view the aristocracy and the current pretenders?
I have the impression French people have mixed feelings: they are fascinated by aristocracy, Gotha, prince and princess, but they wouldn't like it at all if France became once more a monarchy. I'm not sure they (we) would be surprised, though, but they wouldn't like it.
Old 09-23-2006, 05:00 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Hi Marie,

What you say makes a lot of sense after I was over there. I got the idea (perhaps wrong) the French seemed perfectly happy to have the aristocracy with all their perks and privileges of rank (as the old saying goes - rank has its privileges) but the idea of a king and a monarchy as a part of government seemed foreign.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 09-23-2006, 05:13 PM
Serene Highness

If that's the case, then it's the other way around in Sweden. We have hardly any aristocracy left, but the royal family is still accepted by the majority of us.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:50 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Hi Furienna,

Yes I noticed that about the Scandanavian monarchies; it seems they cut out the aristocracy and kept the royal families. I think the Scandanavians have somewhat redefined what a royal family represents because at the beginning it was a familial system with the royal family at the head of a family based hereditary aristocracy.

So now the royal families there are still hereditary but no longer with an hereditary aristocracy to support them. And France seems to have an aristocracy but with no monarch at the head.
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 09-29-2006, 11:54 AM

It would be beautiful to see a monarchy again in France. I do doubt the possibility though. Anything is possible thoough, especially in our world today.
Old 10-09-2006, 02:20 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquisdaulnois
It would be beautiful to see a monarchy again in France. I do doubt the possibility though. Anything is possible thoough, especially in our world today.
I'd have to agree, it would be a beautiful thing to see, but I think anything is possible. I just posted over in the Russian Royalty sub-forum that in the last 10 years the monarchist idea has increased 10 fold. You wouldn't have seen that 15 to 20 years ago.