The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-21-2019, 01:31 PM
Majesty

Condolences to the family. Henry's, Count of Paris, passing was sudden.

Old 01-21-2019, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post

I believe the Infanta Cristina still attended an Orleans funeral (either of the late count or countess of Paris) but it would be nice if the Infanta Pilar could make it. I do expect somebody from Luxembourg and Belgium. Perhaps Prince Albert II and the empress Farah as well.

Lets hope theys will send someone at all. At the Württemberg funeral last year the spanish RF was not represented at all and the Families also used to be close

Old 01-21-2019, 02:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Will the Spanish Bourbon pretender to the throne attend the funeral ? Will he be invited ?

I also wonder if there will be an official representative of the government of the French Republic at the funeral.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I believe the last burial at the Chapelle royale de Dreux was the late Count of Clermont in 2017.

14 May 1643-Death of Louis XIII de France /Louis II de Navarre
Old 01-21-2019, 02:41 PM
Heir Apparent

His Wedding was the Glory day of his Father.Even General de Gaulle send a telegram. As Quests all the non reigning Royals who passed away now.
For the Wurtenberg only his Sister Diane as he divorced with Marie Thérèse.
The attendance will the Prince of Venise and minor Royals he was close when he was young such as the Spanish Royals. I seen Infanta Pilar being there.
We saw pictures of Dreux Necropole . Next to the Comte and Comtesse de Paris are their Son François and their grandson François.
Even Thibault is not with his parents. What a Family !
Will he be burried next to Thibault or with his handicaped Son next to his parents?
Old 01-21-2019, 03:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Philomena Duchesse de Vendôme (arguably now de jure Queen of France) reveals that the late Comte de Paris had dressed this morning for the annual mass for Louis XVI (which he never missed), felt weak, texted the organisers his regrets, lay down, and shortly thereafter died. RIP. ⚜️
Old 01-21-2019, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I had forgotten the significance of todays date it was on this day,January 21st, 1793 that Louis XVI went to the guillotine.

14 May 1643-Death of Louis XIII de France /Louis II de Navarre
Old 01-21-2019, 04:53 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I was wondering on the whereabouts of Henri when I heard this news. Sad to hear, may he rest in peace.
It is rather ironic that his death coincides with that of Louis XVI considering that he never missed the anniversary mass, as wyevale pointed out.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 01-21-2019, 05:10 PM
Heir Apparent

God bless the Count of Paris. He was blessed with several grandchildren.
Old 01-21-2019, 05:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
Philomena Duchesse de Vendôme (arguably now de jure Queen of France) reveals that the late Comte de Paris had dressed this morning for the annual mass for Louis XVI (which he never missed), felt weak, texted the organisers his regrets, lay down, and shortly thereafter died. RIP. ⚜️

How touching and sad !
Old 01-21-2019, 06:33 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyevale View Post
How sad. What a coincidence indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Should we expect the duke of Vendome to take on the title 'count of Paris' or will he remain 'duke of Vendome'? And what about prince Gaston?
I hope that chef of the Maison de Bourbon-Orléans will be known again as Duc d'Orléans. Like the chef of the Maison de Bourbon-Parme is the Duc de Parme. Like the chef of the Maison de Bourbon-Bragance is the Duc de Bragance. Like the chef of the Maison de Bourbon-Busset is the Comte de Busset, etc.

Prince Jean's uncle Prince Jacques is the current Duc d'Orléans. I hope that after him the title goes back to the Chef de la Maison. Prince Jacques' sons are Charles-Louis, Duc de Chartres and Foulques, Duc d'Aumale. So they are already "provided" with a ducal title.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Very surprised at this sudden death….at such an aniversary, sad for the rest of the family.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:32 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
Will the Spanish Bourbon pretender to the throne attend the funeral ? Will he be invited ? ... [snipped]
Hopefully Louis Alphonse, Duke of Anjou, will attend the funeral.
Old 01-21-2019, 08:38 PM
Majesty

Lightbulb

My goodness...! This thread has been up all day and i am just now reading and realizing who it is about!

Had HRH been ill? This is quite unexpected....and
as others have pointed out, it comes on the anniversary of the death of Louis XVI.

Eternal rest. I expect a huge turnout of Royal Catholic Europe .

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 01-22-2019, 02:28 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
My goodness...! This thread has been up all day and i am just now reading and realizing who it is about!

Had HRH been ill? This is quite unexpected....and
as others have pointed out, it comes on the anniversary of the death of Louis XVI.

Eternal rest. I expect a huge turnout of Royal Catholic Europe .

Prince Henri has been frail for a few years, but it looks as if his death was unexpected. The Prince was scheduled around Noon at the Église Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois in Paris (which served as a parish church to the palais du Louvre). A traditional Latin Mass of Requiem would be chant for the eternal repose of Louis XVI. It seems Prince Henri felt unwell during preparing for Mass and had to excuse himself.

Église Saint-Germain l'Auxerrois de Paris » Messe de requiem pour Louis XVI
Old 01-22-2019, 04:10 AM
Commoner

Bourbon and Orleans

The funeral of the Comte de Paris would be an ideal way of cementing a permanent reconciliation between the Legitimist claimant and the new Orleanist claimant. The new Head of the Orleans branch appears to have always had a better relationship with his Spanish cousin than the late Comte de Paris. They could start by mutually acknowledging each other - one as Head of all the House of Bourbon and the other as Head of the Orleans branch in France (pedantic I know but symbolic of recognising each other’s claims). If this were older times then the children of both claimants could marry each other - such dreams!
Old 01-22-2019, 04:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssexRoyal View Post
The funeral of the Comte de Paris would be an ideal way of cementing a permanent reconciliation between the Legitimist claimant and the new Orleanist claimant. The new Head of the Orleans branch appears to have always had a better relationship with his Spanish cousin than the late Comte de Paris. They could start by mutually acknowledging each other - one as Head of all the House of Bourbon and the other as Head of the Orleans branch in France (pedantic I know but symbolic of recognising each other’s claims). If this were older times then the children of both claimants could marry each other - such dreams!

I think Prince Jean d'Orléans and Don Luis Alfonso de Borbón do respect each other: the one is now the most senior of the House Bourbon-Orléans and the other is the most senior of the House Bourbon-Espagne.

However, Don Luis Alfonso was publicly dismissed as ainé des capétiens by the Comte de Paris. According (the now late) Prince Henri this was an incorrect position as the House Bourbon-Busset is the most senior branch of the House of Capet:

https://www.vexilla-galliae.fr/royau...-duc-d-orleans
Old 01-22-2019, 05:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Luis Alfonso offered his condolences to the family of the Count of Paris yesterday.

https://www.legitimite.fr/single-pos...oxox4f_BWF9L9c
Old 01-22-2019, 05:16 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
I think Prince Jean d'Orléans and Don Luis Alfonso de Borbón do respect each other: the one is now the most senior of the House Bourbon-Orléans and the other is the most senior of the House Bourbon-Espagne.

However, Don Luis Alfonso was publicly dismissed as ainé des capétiens by the Comte de Paris. According (the now late) Prince Henri this was an incorrect position as the House Bourbon-Busset is the most senior branch of the House of Capet:

https://www.vexilla-galliae.fr/royau...-duc-d-orleans

The Bourbon-Busset are an illegitimate branch of the Capetian dynasty, so, even though they may be genealogically the most senior branch of the dynasty, their claim to the throne is void.

Anyway, I don't think the Orléans dispute that Louis Alphonse is the most senior living agnatic descendant of Louis XIV and, as such, the most senior legitimate Bourbon. Instead, they dispute that Louis Alphonse is the legal heir to the French throne under the laws of and the international treaties signed by the Kingdom of France.

In other words, Louis Alphonse's claim to the French throne, rather than his claim to the headship of the House of Bourbon, is the real issue here.

PS: Although Louis Alphonse is also genealogically the most senior living member of the House of Bourbon-Espagne, again he is not the head of that House either. That would be the current King of Spain IMHO. We have to be careful then not to confuse agnatic seniority with either headship of a House or a claim to the throne, which are affected by other criteria as well.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:55 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
The Bourbon-Busset are an illegitimate branch of the Capetian dynasty, so, even though they may be genealogically the most senior branch of the dynasty, their claim to the throne is void.

Anyway, I don't think the Orléans dispute that Louis Alphonse is the most senior living agnatic descendant of Louis XIV and, as such, the most senior legitimate Bourbon. Instead, they dispute that Louis Alphonse is the legal heir to the French throne under the laws of and the international treaties signed by the Kingdom of France.

In other words, Louis Alphonse's claim to the French throne, rather than his claim to the headship of the House of Bourbon, is the real issue here.

PS: Although Louis Alphonse is also genealogically the most senior living member of the House of Bourbon-Espagne, again he is not the head of that House either. That would be the current King of Spain IMHO. We have to be careful then not to confuse agnatic seniority with either headship of a House or a claim to the throne, which are affected by other criteria as well.

I think we all agree when it is like this:

Most senior of the House Bourbon-Orléans = Jean d'Orléans

Most senior of the House Bourbon-Anjou = Luis Alfonso de Borbón

Most senior of the House Bourbon-Espagne = Felipe de Borbón

Problem maybe is that the Orléans branch "usurped" the Anjou-title to give it to Charles-Philippe d'Orléans (married to the Duchess of Cadaval). That was unneccessary provocative in my opinion. But on short term there is not much prince Jean can do about that. He can not take away the Anjou title from his cousin Charles-Philippe, that would be an ungentlemanlike act.