The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Non-Reigning Houses > Royal Families of France

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-29-2009, 12:28 AM
Nobility

I join all the others in saying thank you, Iceflower!!

We are lucky to see many photos every day, but these are exceptionally beautiful. Vive le petit prince Gaston!

Old 11-29-2009, 07:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

My second son (34) and last son is mentally handicapped. When my daughter un law was pregnant my eldest son and myself were really worred. My son always asked the doctor : "has the baby's head a normal size' , it was always good and a wonderful little girl was born in 2006 !
Taking my baby granddaugherfor the first time in my arms I was SO happy, no fear anymore. I think the Duchess of Montpensier must have and think the same..
Congratulations to the Heir of the Orleans , his wife and grand-mother and family. Gaston is a wonderful surname , and it remains one of their ancestors of the Duke.

Old 11-29-2009, 08:24 AM
Gentry

More pictures with little prince Gaston here:
Fotoglif - f - *EXCLUSIVE* - PARIS: Prince Gaston de France - One source, thousands of new photos a day, the worlds top photographers and agencies, free to view & free to use
Old 11-29-2009, 09:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Facebook article with photos of Prince Gaston
Les premières photos de S.A.R le prince Gaston de France - La couronne
Old 11-30-2009, 01:15 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for posting the pictures, specially the 2 nd lot without the w/m.

As to your comment on the Prince, indeed he looks more like a Prince of orange .
Of course, Orange was a french principality.

On a more serious matter, great pictured of the so missed Comtesse de Paris on the last picture.
She would be delighted with her nth great-grandson.
And interesting that they had posed in fron of a picture of the present Count of Paris, which seems to be in a cupboard that they can close when they don't want to see him .

José
Old 11-30-2009, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the painting represents himself and not his father.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Nobility

JSP, I agree with Maria-Olivia. The painting in the cupboard is of the Duke of Vendôme himself, not of his father.

Perhaps the doors to the cupboard get shut when the Duke gets tired of looking at himself... or perhaps when Philomena gets annoyed with him?? In either case, a healthy thing!
Old 11-30-2009, 04:43 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
My second son (34) and last son is mentally handicapped. When my daughter un law was pregnant my eldest son and myself were really worred. My son always asked the doctor : "has the baby's head a normal size' , it was always good and a wonderful little girl was born in 2006 !
Taking my baby granddaugherfor the first time in my arms I was SO happy, no fear anymore. I think the Duchess of Montpensier must have and think the same..
Congratulations to the Heir of the Orleans , his wife and grand-mother and family. Gaston is a wonderful surname , and it remains one of their ancestors of the Duke.
The "illness" of Dauphin François and Princess Blanche isn't genetic. So Prince Jean cannot pass it on his son.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Surely not of the present Count of Paris, probably of Jean himself, maybe of the late Count of Paris. I'm not sure that the painted man is the late Count, but surely now I can see a resemblance between Prince Jean and his grandfather.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Heir Presumptive

Reginalix , The illness of my son is not genetic too , but when that happen in your family, if you are princes or not, you are afraid that it may happen again.
Mafan , it is not the late Count de Paris too, it is the Duke Jean himself (his smile).
Old 12-01-2009, 07:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
On a more serious matter, great pictured of the so missed Comtesse de Paris on the last picture.
She would be delighted with her nth great-grandson.
Would she? I don't know much of the countess, so I'm asking: would she be happy of the marriage of the duke with a non-royal, low-aristocracy woman? What was her reationship with her grand-children born from what she and her husband considered non-dinastic marriages?
Old 12-01-2009, 11:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

Madame la Comtesse de Paris was "unique" , Amedea you have a look to the Orleans's thread and you will notice how proud she would have been that his favorite grandson has a boy named Gaston.
Old 12-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Heir Apparent

He's a beautiful little boy, simply precious! I thought the Duke and Duchess de Vendome were only married in May...and S.A.R certainly did not look pregnant in her wedding gown?

Have I gotten it wrong?
Old 12-02-2009, 12:48 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

The couple had a civil marriage in March and the religious ceremony in May.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Gentry

Philoména was pregnant in her CIVIL wedding on March. In France we have a civil wedding the same day or days before the religious ceremony, not months before.

The Dukes of Vendôme had to get married in March because of circumstances.

The church wedding is so long to prepare and followed by the true royal party also they were pressed by time. And they only need the civil marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedea View Post
Would she? I don't know much of the countess, so I'm asking: would she be happy of the marriage of the duke with a non-royal, low-aristocracy woman? What was her reationship with her grand-children born from what she and her husband considered non-dinastic marriages?
The last Countess of Paris and her husband didn't allow their son to rest and his born dead baby in the royal crypt because he had married a woman of minor nobility.

She wouldn't have been happy with the low and spanish aristocrat Philomena.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

You mean Prince Thibault and his second son ? He was not a born baby, he died 3 months later. This decision came from the late Count de Paris, who changed also Thibault's name as Comte de la Marche.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by reginalix View Post
The Dukes of Vendôme had to get married in March because of circumstances.
As the couple became engaged in November 2008, it is safe to say that they did not get married in March 2009 solely because of a possible pregnancy. None of us know the exact date of conception, now do we?
Old 12-02-2009, 06:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Given the spirit of times and age of the couple, the pressing circumstance can be overlooked.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:51 PM
Gentry

al bina, i could not agree more with you.
Old 12-03-2009, 01:23 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Yes, I agree too.