Princess Tatjana (1973- ) and Philipp von Lattorff (1968- ) and Family

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can anyone explain why Nora's daughter is styled: Maria Teresa Sartorius y de Liechtenstein but Tatjana's children don't carry "and of Liechtenstein?"

Can anyone explain why Nora's daughter is styled: Maria Teresa Sartorius y de Liechtenstein but Tatjana's children don't carry "and of Liechtenstein?"
Nora's husband was Spanish Marqués de Mariño Nora von und zu Liechtenstein and Nora's daughter is Spanish born girl.
In the Spanish speaking countries people normally have at least two surnames (f.ex. Maxima Zorreguieta Cerruti, Letizia Ortiz Rocasolano or Juan Carlos I de Borbon y Borbon and Felipe de Borbon y de Grecia).
Spanish naming customs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tatiana's children are only von Lattorff.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what Tatjana does for a living? Is she an investment banker like her brothers?

Little is known about the princess' career. She has worked for Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals in the past. Don't know if she is still employed by the company or not. What is known is that Tatjana studied Business Management in Madrid, London, and Paris. Why the diversity? Maybe to study up on the languages while pursuing her degree which she completed in 1998.

There was intense speculation at the time that Tatjana spent time in Madrid for other purposes as well as studying.
Queen Sophia was said to be keen. Fact or wishful thinking? We don't know.

Oooooooo! I forgot about that little tidbit. She was "supposedly" in the running to be the next future queen of that said country. We don't know and I get the feeling that we will never know.:lol:

I read about that. I wonder what the real story is. From what I read, the Spanish media made it hard for Tatjana to live in Spain. I think I read it in Hola, the press would call and knock on her apartment. It got so bad, she had friends answer the door/phone and say she doesn't live there anymore. Were she and Felipe friends at least? It would have been awkward though, if she and Felipe got married. Princess Nora of Liechtenstein is the step-mother of Isabel Sartorius (sp?).

According to German TV-channel "ARD" Tatiana Lattorf gave birth to her fifth daughter after another on Friday. The name of the little girl is Sophie Katharina Maria. This was announced by the Princely family of Liechtenstein.
Now they have one son and five daughters.
Well, CONGRATULATIONS (but poor Lukas.....:cool:):flowers:

I read about that. I wonder what the real story is. From what I read, the Spanish media made it hard for Tatjana to live in Spain. I think I read it in Hola, the press would call and knock on her apartment. It got so bad, she had friends answer the door/phone and say she doesn't live there anymore. Were she and Felipe friends at least? It would have been awkward though, if she and Felipe got married. Princess Nora of Liechtenstein is the step-mother of Isabel Sartorius (sp?).

The story I've read on another Royal Message board from a member who is Spanish stated that Tatiana reported told the press there was nothing between she and Felipe and there would be no engagement or wedding, plus she supposedly added, "I don't like Prince Felipe." :whistling:

The story I've read on another Royal Message board from a member who is Spanish stated that Tatiana reported told the press there was nothing between she and Felipe and there would be no engagement or wedding, plus she supposedly added, "I don't like Prince Felipe." :whistling:

I always had the feeling that Tatiana had a crush on Felipe. I remember the gossip being that she was among several young ladies of royal or noble birth that would come to Spain to......"study Spanish".:lol:

:previous:
Some would have failed the exam, and others, like Princess Tatjana, would have decided the course was not for them. :D

plus she supposedly added, "I don't like Prince Felipe." :whistling:

I guess Tatjana didn't say "I don't like Prince Felipe" but "Prince Felipe is not my kind of man". Hola magazine made a whole article about this statement some years ago... I guess Tatjana's refusal was a big disappointment to the spanish magazine at the moment :D

For a private person as the Liechtenstein princess I very much doubt she ever gave such an interview or shared such thoughts.
The princess was sent to Spain to study and was seen in public with members of the royal family. At one event she was warmly received by the mother of Jaime de Malichalar.
I am not sure if anything has ever passed the level of polite friendship between the two but the comment that " I don't like Prince Felipe" seems so far fetched... .

Well, it wouldn't be the first time an article was embellished as it relates to a royal.

And let's face it, although it appears that Tatjanna is very happy with her husband and Felipe is the same with Letizia, what royal watcher wouldnt have been excited to see a marriage between these two?!

Just imagine the tiaras at the wedding!

I agree. I still have the Point de Vue with the two of them and the caption...Felipe decided!! Well it would have been a lovely thing to have happen but then again, hopefully everyone is happy with the decisions they made..

Last edited by a moderator:
Little is known about the princess' career. She has worked for Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals in the past. Don't know if she is still employed by the company or not. What is known is that Tatjana studied Business Management in Madrid, London, and Paris. Why the diversity? Maybe to study up on the languages while pursuing her degree which she completed in 1998.
I just figured out why Princess Tatjana studied in Madrid, London and Paris. She went to European Business School for her degree. EBS requires students to learn at least 2 languages and to study and intern abroad in the countries where you'll able to use the new languages to become fluent.
Study French, German, Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Japanese, Italian, Portugese and Arabic

Also, I found this link (mostly about the history of Liechtenstein) but it has details on Hans Adam's children like what schools they attended and their interests. http://www.llv.li/en/pdf-llv-pia-broschueren-monarchie-en.pdf The information on Tatjana is on page 22.

Princess Tatjana was born on 10th April 1973 in St. Gallen as the youngest of
the four children of Prince Hans-Adam II and Princess Marie von und zu
Liechtenstein. She grew up in Vaduz with her brothers Hereditary Prince Alois,
Prince Maximilian and Prince Constantin. She attended the Vaduz-Ebenholz
primary school and entered Liechtenstein Grammar School in 1984, leaving in
1992 with the advanced-level diploma. In 1993 Princess Tatjana embarked on
a course in Management at the European Business School in Madrid, London
and Paris, completing it successfully in 1998.
On 5th June 1999 Princess Tatjana married Philipp von Lattorff. They have two children:
Lukas Maria, born on 13th May 2000 and Elisabeth Maria Angela
Tatjana, born on 25th January 2002. Her hobbies are reading, travel, tennis and diving. She is also a keen active participant in various alpine sports.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meanwhile Tatjana and her husband have six children: five daughters and one son. So this cv is not updated.

Are any pictures of Tatjana and her family published?

B.T.W. Camilla von Lattorff's birthday is November 4th.
She is mentioned here as having her birthday on November 13th.
The official announcement from dem Fuerstenhaus is "born on Friday 4th 2005"

Last edited:
Does anyone know which tiara she wore at her wedding? It's very pretty.

Does anyone know which tiara she wore at her wedding? It's very pretty.
Tatjana wore a Kinsky family tiara for her wedding, the same one Angela Brown wore for her wedding to Prince Maximilian.

It is said that the tiara belonged to Princess Marie's family but was sold by one of her uncles. Prince Hans Adam tracked it down and bought the tiara for his wife. Although it is also possible (but much less romantic) that Princess Marie simply inherited the tiara from her family.

- Close up of the tiara
- Tatiana wearing the tiara for her wedding
- Angela wearing the tiara for her own wedding
- Princess Marie wearing the tiara for Prince Alois and Princess Sophie's pre-wedding gala

Images cropped from larger ones and constitute less than 20% of the originals

Attachments

• tiara-kinski-casa-principesca-liechtenstein_1_12529261.png
    tiara-kinski-casa-principesca-liechtenstein_1_12529261.png
    159.5 KB · Views: 2,736
  • tiara-kinski-casa-principesca-liechtenstein_1_1252926.jpg.jpg
    tiara-kinski-casa-principesca-liechtenstein_1_1252926.jpg.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 7,467
  • princess-angela-lichtenstein.jpg
    princess-angela-lichtenstein.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 6,035
  • Kinsky 01.jpg
    Kinsky 01.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 1,824
Meanwhile Tatjana and her husband have six children: five daughters and one son. So this cv is not updated.

Actually, they now have seven children, five girls and two boys,

It's Maximilian who turned 1 nineteen days ago.:)

Princess Tatjana Nora Maria of Liechenstein, born 10 April 1973 - she will be 40 this year, married 5 June 1999, Matthias Claus Carl Philipp von Latorff, 25 March 1968. There seven children are -
Lukas Maria - 13 May 2000
Elisabeth Marie Angela Tatiana - 25 January 2002
Marie Theresa - 18 January 2004
Camilla Katharina Maria - 14 November 2005
Anna Pia Theresia Maria - 3 August 2007
Sophia Katharina Maria - 30 October 2009
Maximilian - 17 December 2011

Back
Top Bottom