Princely Family-owned LGT Bank in Tax Evasion Investigation

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nice photos of the very handsome Prince.:flowers:

According to reports, the Prince even answered questions about the painting he was photographed in front of "Berry-Picker in Mountain Landscape" by Franz Eybl which is one of the richest collections of art of the princely family.

It's always good to know about the family art collection.;)

The Princley family must still hold considerable powers to be allowed to own something as sensitive as a bank. Is Lichtenstein more of an absolute monarchy than a constitutional monarchy?

The Princley family must still hold considerable powers to be allowed to own something as sensitive as a bank. Is Lichtenstein more of an absolute monarchy than a constitutional monarchy?

It is my understanding, and I may be incorrect, that the Prince of Liechtenstein in theory holds a lot of power under the constitution, but in practice the principality is a parliamentary democracy.

Altough the Prince holds a lot of powers, increased since 2004, the Principality is a constitutional Monarchy.

I'm surprised he's never had a conflict of interest. Doesn't this pose some sort of constitutional dilemma? Seperation of powers?

Liechtenstein's head of state Prince Alois gestures during an
interview in the Vaduz castle, home of the Liechtenstein family
on August 14, 2009.

Liechtenstein raised the gate on its tax-haven fortress on August
11, making a deal enabling Britain to snare about 5,000 British
accounts holders with up to 3.0 billion pounds in secret deposits.
The principality gave way to international pressure and announced
earlier this year that it would ease strict banking secrecy rules and
offer more assistance on matters involving tax offences.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga **

Back
Top Bottom