Princely Family of Liechtenstein Current Events 3: May 2007- Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Milena of Liechtenstein attended the inauguration of the new premises
of the l'Ecole de la Chambre Syndicale de la Couture Parisienne in Paris on March
28, 2011.

** Pic **

No Liechtenstein Royals at UK Royal Wedding?

The guest list for William and Kate's wedding has been released. No one from the Liechtenstein princely family is on it. There are representatives from many, many other ruling families, including Prince Albert of Monaco, who surely does not outrank the Prince of Liechtenstein.

Can someone explain this?

Maybe because Sophie is the heir to the British throne according to the Jacobites and attending the wedding means that she gives up her rights. Maybe.

I believe that for QEII's golden jubilee the Liechtensteins (and the Monaco family) were also not represented. Maybe they are just not close to each other?

According to Marlene's blog, they were invited (Prince and Princess of Liechtenstein) but sent their regrets. They are going to the Vatican for the beatification ceremony of Pope John Paul. Plus, we will also see that the King and Queen of Belgium will also be there in Vatican for the ceremony.

well, they could have sent their heir or prince Nicholas instead, as they did with many weddings in Northern Europe. And the beautification is only 2 days afterwards, time enough to fly to Rome. Anyway, a pity that we won't see them there.

Of course it is a shame :( .. It would be nice to see them at these kinds of events more often. Hopefully, they will send some one to represent them at the wedding in Monaco..Do they have any close relationships with any other families besides Belgium & Luxembourg?

Of course it is a shame :( .. It would be nice to see them at these kinds of events more often. Hopefully, they will send some one to represent them at the wedding in Monaco..Do they have any close relationships with any other families besides Belgium & Luxembourg?

The furst himself went to the Spanish wedding too. The hereditairy prince and princess usually represent Hans-Adam II in Scandinavia and The Netherlands.

The Mystery Remains

The Jacobite issue seems an unlikely reason to me. Franz of Bavaria still is the heir. His niece hasn't inherited his claim yet, and of course no one really cares about this in the real world, even the royal one. (OK, maybe some people who post here do, but this constituency is not the reason.)

By contrast, Spain has a real diplomatic dispute with the UK over Gibraltar that reportedly kept its King away from Charles and Diana's wedding,and yet the Queen of Spain and the Crown Prince (Prince of Asturias) and his wife are still going to Will and Kate's, even if Juan Carlos isn't. Likewise, the fact that the Belgian King and Queen will be at the Vatican ceremony along with the Liechtenstein royals has been mentioned, but the Belgian Crown Prince (Duke of Brabant) and his wife are on the list. There is no shortage of Liechtenstein royals if they wanted to send a substitute.

The Thai ruling family is represented. The only other ruling family that seems not to be is the Japanese and I assume that's b/c of the earthquake/nuclear crisis.

I believe that no member of the Jordanian RF is listed either, though that might be for security reasons (and added later).

Good point. The unrest in Jordan could explain it. But I haven't heard about any big demonstrations in Vaduz!

I am not a fan of HSH Princess Philip von und zu Liechtenstein. She is born in Belgium Isabelle de l’ Arbre de Malander.
She was at the Opera for HM King Michael 90th birthday. When the camera was on her she showed she was very happy. I think she wore fake jewelry instead of her sister in law HRH Princess Margaretha , Princess Nicolas von und zu Liechtensten.

HSH Countess Marie Henriette von Eltz gt Faust von Stromberg, née Princess von und zu Liechtenstein, passed away on 13 October 2011, aged 96.

She was born in Vienna on 6 November 1914, daughter of Prince Alois von und zu Liechtenstein and his wife Princess Elisabeth, née Archduchess of Austria. Her oldest brother Franz Joseph became the Sovereign Prince of Liechtenstein in 1938.
She married in 1943 to Count Peter von Eltz gt Faust von Stromberg, with whom she had three sons: Johannes, Alexander and Franz. Both her husband and her youngest son predeceased her.
She is survived by her sons Johannes and Alexander, daughters-in-law Felicitas and Maija Caroline, six grandchildren, a grandson-in-law.

Eltz
Liechtenstein

18 June: Prince Leopold von und zu Liechtenstein married to Barbara Wichart.

Update: 18 June is the date of their religious wedding; the civil one took place in Vaduz, Liechtenstein, on 6 May.

Source: Netty's Royalty Page Genealogical News 2011.

Two Liechtenstein Princesses who are second cousins are going to marry this year:

Princess Sophie Barbara Maria (b.16 April 1984) [daughter of Prince Eugen of Liechtenstein (b.1939) & his wife Maria Theresia, nee Countess von Goess (b.1945)] will marry Count Clemens Hoyos (b.1981) [youngest of three children of Countess Isabelle von Seefried auf Buttenheim (b.1949) & her husband, Count Martin Hoyos (b.1947)] on 16 June.

Princess Livia Margherita (b.7 April 1977) [daughter of Prince Franz of Liechtenstein (b.1935) & his late wife Laura, nee Malvezzi Campeggi (1941-2011)] will marry Richard Turner on 23 June.

Sources: Netty's Royalty Page Upcoming Events.
Descendants of Archduke Franz Karl of Austria
Liechtenstein

Close birthdays' dates, close weddings's dates...and, what;s more, both cousins are youngest of four children (But Livia's sister, Laurenzia, lived only 6 days) and last ones who marry.

What a coincidence!

...Close birthdays' dates, close weddings's dates...and, what;s more, both cousins are youngest of four children (But Livia's sister, Laurenzia, lived only 6 days) and last ones who marry.

What a coincidence!
And to keep to the pattern, both Princesses are keeping true to the status of their siblings' marital choices:
on Sophie's side, all aristocrats (Karolyi de Nagy-Karoly; Kottulinsky von Kottulin, Krzizkowitz und Dobrezenicz; Trauttmansdorff-Weinsburg),
and on Livia's side, all commoners.

Information about Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein?

Well,if any of you who knows a thing or two about him,please write it down here.And,of course I meant the one who's born on 1995.Please provide information on where he's studying(if you know) and other stuff.Thanks a bunch!;-)

HSH Prince Alexander von und zu Liechtenstein passed away last weekend at Rosegg, Austria. He was 82 years old.

He was the eldest son of Prince Alfred (1900-1972) and his wife Princess Polixena, née Countess von Collalto und San Salvatore (1905-1984). He was married since 1960/1961 to Princess Josephine zu Löwenstein-Wertheim-Rosenberg, with whom he had three sons: Christian, Stefan (the ambassador of the Principality in Berlin) and Emanuel.

Royal Musings
Eurohistory: + Prince Alexander of Liechtenstein (1929-2012)

HSH Prince Rudolf von und zu Liechtenstein will marry to Ms. Tilsin Tanberk on 20 April 2012 at Istanbul.

Prince Rudolf is the third and youngest son of Prince Philipp Erasmus von und zu Liechtenstein and his wife Princess Isabelle, née de l'Arbre de Malander.
Ms. Tanberk is the daughter of Mr. Olgun Tanberk and of his wife Melek, née Kampulat.

Eurohistory: Marriage in House Liechtenstein

I suppose she is a Christian, isn't she? Or he converted to Islam?

I'd love to know more about this. I assume there won't be any news anywhere? I searched the Turkish newspapers but couldn't find anything. One thing also puzzles me; assuming Ms. Tanberk is a muslim, how can she be marrying Prince Rudolf? Either the Prince has to convert and become a muslim or then Ms. Tanberk is not a muslim. Wouldn't conversion for the Prince also mean that he loses his title? I'm not sure how these things go in Liechtenstein. I'm just curious since women cannot convert from islam and mixed marriages are also not approved.

Edit: Isn't her name Tılsım not Tılsın?

Last edited by a moderator:
House Law and Religion

The Princely House of Liechtenstein revised Constitution of 2003 is not as strict as people may imagine.
The only mention of religion or faith in the entire document is in the Preamble, which states:

For several centuries the Liechtenstein family has been governed by statutes.
In parts the old provisions no longer met modern requirements. The family
therefore decided on 26 October 1993 to repeal the previous statute and to
adopt a new one in keeping with its traditions. These centuries-old family
traditions include the Catholic faith, which shall also serve as a guiding
principle in future decisions, whilst respecting the freedom of belief and
conscience of the individual.

Article 7 covers marriage and there is no mention of religious requirements:

Marriage
1) Where a member of the Princely House has the intention to marry, he must
inform the Reigning Prince thereof and deposit with the secretariat of the
Reigning Prince all documents required under Liechtenstein law, together with
a written and unconditional declaration by the other party to the intended
marriage that that party recognises the binding nature of all aspects of this
Constitution, for that party and all issue arising from the intended marriage...
If [the documents] are complete and the Reigning Prince considers that all
conditions for approval of the intended marriage are met, he shall declare
that he consents thereto. The Reigning Prince shall then notify all members
of the Princely House who are of full age.

2) [Members of the Princely House have one month to object to the intended marriage in writing]
Such objection shall be admissable only insofar as it is
based on the lack of
capacity to enter into mariage on the part of one of the parties to the
intended marriage, or the existence of any impediment to the marriage or
on the ground that the marriage would be detrimental to the reputation,
esteem or welfare of the Princely House or of the Principality of Liechtenstein.
The Reigning Prince shall give a ruling on the objection, after hearing the
parties to the intended marriage.

Prince Rudolf is currently placed about 13th in the line of succession to Prince Hans Adam so I doubt there would have been any great difficulty
in gaining the Reigning Prince's formal approval.

According to the blog of Prince Radu of Romania - who was a guest at the wedding - the ceremony took place at the Catholic Cathedral of the Holy Spirit.
Among the guests were representatives of the Royal Families of Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Egypt, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Germany, Great Britain, Romania, Russia and Yugoslavia.

Căsătorie în Familia Princiară de Liechtenstein

I don't know if she has converted to Catholicism or not; however, they had a Catholic ceremony, celebrated at the Catholic Cathedral of the Holy Spirit in Istanbul.

Or perhaps both kept their own religions(of course I'm just speculating here). As an example when Princess Zahra Aga Khan married an Anglican in an Anglican ceremony I'm pretty sure she remained Muslim.

Or perhaps both kept their own religions(of course I'm just speculating here). As an example when Princess Zahra Aga Khan married an Anglican in an Anglican ceremony I'm pretty sure she remained Muslim.

Zahra married in a civil ceremony. The marriage ended in 2005.

Reports indicate that the bride converted to Catholicism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom