Princely Family of Liechtenstein Current Events 3: May 2007- Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know about the family and background of Astrid Kohl? I've heard her described as the daughter of an Italian industrialist, but that's about it. If she's the same Astrid Kohl mentioned in this 1993 W Magazine article, she is an old friend of the Miller sisters and a longtime fixture of the jetset.

W magazine (Aug 93)

I've perused the general threads on the Liechstenstein royals and haven't seen anything on her. But I apologise if I started a thread on something that's been covered.

Aha! This 1995 Tatler's article on the Miller sisters describes Astrid as the niece of Helmut Kohl and "the sort who....buys Renoirs when she is depressed".

Tatler's Magazine (June 95)

And a 'Royal News' blurb from the time of her marriage gives her parents' names as Theodor Kohl and Ingrid Schlechta.

Last edited by a moderator:
She is lovely, and kind of resembles Grand Duchess Maria-Teresa of Luxembourg. How long have they been together?

Thanks for the replies. I do see the resemblence between her and Grand Duchess MT - both plump and very pretty.

Princess Clotilde, née princess of Thurn and Taqxis died on 01.09.2009 at the age of 86. She was the older sister of the late Fürst Johannes of Thurn and Taxis and married to Prince Hans Moritz of Liechtenstein. The fuenral will take place on 19.09.2009 at Vaduz.
Prinzessin Clotilde gestorben - News

My condolences to the Princely Family.
The Princess was also the mother in law of Princess Marie d'Orleans, eldest daughter of the Count of Paris and wife of Prince Gundakkar, son of Hans Moritz and Clotilde.
Is it known where will she be buried? In the Furstliche Gruft in Vaduz?

HSH Prince Dominik vuz Liechtenstein died at Vienna on 20 September.
He was born in 1950, the eldest son of Prince Karl Alfred vuz Liechtenstein and his wife Princess Agnes, née Archduchess of Austria-Tuscany). He married in 1980 Eva Maria Loesch, who was 7 years older then him and who died in 1998; they didn't have children.

:previous: How sad! Does anyone know how he died? Had he been ill? He was only 59. I am very sorry for his family's loss.

Good question white Princess. Who knows this answer? I am sure they do. I haven't heard any press on them though.

Several years ago they received a visit from Pope John Paul II, in 1990 if I remember correctly.

Thanks MAfan, thats pretty huge. I have just recently started following this family. I am intent on keeping up with the few events that do involve this elusive but magnificient dynasty.

Thanks MAfan, thats pretty huge. I have just recently started following this family. I am intent on keeping up with the few events that do involve this elusive but magnificient dynasty.

Life in Liechtenstein is very quiet: the princely family lives in a simple way, they usually visit the new Austrian and Swiss President of the Republic, when elected, or the German Regional President of Baden Wuerttemberg.
From a diplomatic point of view Switzerland represents the principality around the World, as far as I know the principality itself has following Embassies: Austria, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, US and United Nations.

Fuerst Hans-Adam II of Liechtenstein bestowed the Liechtenstein order of Merit on prince Wolfgang von und zu Liechtenstein, this friday in Vienna. Prince Wolfgang was Liechtenstein's ambassador in Switzerland from 1996 to 2001 and was always active for the interests of the principality and the family.

Nieuwsberichten Royalblog.nl: Hans Adam eert diplomaat prins Wolfgang

Prince Wolfgang is the son of prince Karl Aloys and princess Elisabeth von Urach (Wuerttemberg. He married Countess Gabriele Basselet de la Rosee, with whom he has a daughter (Stephanie) and a son (Leopold).

The Princely Family, including Fürst Hans Adam, Fürstin Marie,
Prince Alois and Princess Sophie offered a New Year's reception,
Vaduz, January 14, 2010:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Does Liechtenstein receive/give any state visit??
Several years ago they received a visit from Pope John Paul II, in 1990 if I remember correctly.
Finally I've found my source...
The official visit of Pope John Paul II was paid in 1985 and not in 1990 as I have previously written; another official visit to Liechtenstein was paid by the Austrian Chancellor Bruno Kreisky in 1975.
In 1980 Queen Elizabeth II and The Duke of Edinburgh paid a private visit to Prince Franz Josef II of Liechtenstein, after their official visit to Switzerland.

Less and less family members attend National Day each year. How depressing.

Last edited:

Prince Albrecht and Princess Milena of Liechtenstein together with their daughter Lorenza
attended the opening of the exhibition "125 ans de magnificence italienne Bulgari" at the
Grand Palais in Paris, France, December 9, 2010.

** Pic **

On December 20 Princess Marie and Princess Sophie visited elderly people at
St. Florin in Vaduz, Princess Marie also visited the patients at the hospital
Landesspital.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gallery **

Yesterday, December 21, the Liechtenstein scouts gave the Peace Light from
Bethlehem to the Princely family (represented by Prince Hans-Adam, Princess
Marie and their grandson Prince Georg) and other dignitaries.

** Pic ** gallery ** translated article **

Prince Friedrich v.u.z. Liechtenstein died at Riegersburg on 20 December 2010, aged 73.
He was the third child and second son of the late Prince Alfred and Princess Ludmila; he was married to Annemarie Ortner since 1972 and father of two sons, Emanuel and Ulrich.

Why Princess Marie has her Order of Merit on left and Princess Sophie on right side?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom