The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-28-2009, 01:09 AM
Gentry

Does anyone know about the family and background of Astrid Kohl? I've heard her described as the daughter of an Italian industrialist, but that's about it. If she's the same Astrid Kohl mentioned in this 1993 W Magazine article, she is an old friend of the Miller sisters and a longtime fixture of the jetset.

W magazine (Aug 93)

I've perused the general threads on the Liechstenstein royals and haven't seen anything on her. But I apologise if I started a thread on something that's been covered.

Aha! This 1995 Tatler's article on the Miller sisters describes Astrid as the niece of Helmut Kohl and "the sort who....buys Renoirs when she is depressed".

Tatler's Magazine (June 95)

And a 'Royal News' blurb from the time of her marriage gives her parents' names as Theodor Kohl and Ingrid Schlechta.

Old 08-29-2009, 11:46 PM
Serene Highness

A picture of the couple:
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Sep2007/07090815.jpg

From Countess Maria Anna's in Bayern's wedding

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 08-30-2009, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent

She is lovely, and kind of resembles Grand Duchess Maria-Teresa of Luxembourg. How long have they been together?
Old 08-30-2009, 06:04 PM
Serene Highness

Their wedding pic:
http://www.phonebookoftheworld.com/l...id-wedding.jpg

Married in 2003.
They have one daughter Theodora.

Most recent pic of the trio:
http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/nr.../theodora1.jpg

Theodora resembles her father/grandfather.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 09-06-2009, 05:49 AM
Gentry

Thanks for the replies. I do see the resemblence between her and Grand Duchess MT - both plump and very pretty.
Old 09-12-2009, 05:13 AM
Super Moderator

Princess Clotilde, née princess of Thurn and Taqxis died on 01.09.2009 at the age of 86. She was the older sister of the late Fürst Johannes of Thurn and Taxis and married to Prince Hans Moritz of Liechtenstein. The fuenral will take place on 19.09.2009 at Vaduz.
Prinzessin Clotilde gestorben - News
Old 09-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

My condolences to the Princely Family.
The Princess was also the mother in law of Princess Marie d'Orleans, eldest daughter of the Count of Paris and wife of Prince Gundakkar, son of Hans Moritz and Clotilde.
Is it known where will she be buried? In the Furstliche Gruft in Vaduz?
Old 09-24-2009, 11:28 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

HSH Prince Dominik vuz Liechtenstein died at Vienna on 20 September.
He was born in 1950, the eldest son of Prince Karl Alfred vuz Liechtenstein and his wife Princess Agnes, née Archduchess of Austria-Tuscany). He married in 1980 Eva Maria Loesch, who was 7 years older then him and who died in 1998; they didn't have children.
Old 09-26-2009, 11:49 AM
Heir Apparent

How sad! Does anyone know how he died? Had he been ill? He was only 59. I am very sorry for his family's loss.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:24 AM
Heir Apparent

Here are the death announcements of Prince Dominik and Princess Clotilde from the princerly house.

http://www.fuerstenhaus.li/_news/att...nz_Dominik.pdf

http://www.fuerstenhaus.li/_news/att...n_Clotilde.pdf
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:34 AM
Nobility

Does Liechtenstein receive/give any state visit??
Old 12-16-2009, 01:42 PM
Commoner

Good question white Princess. Who knows this answer? I am sure they do. I haven't heard any press on them though.
Old 12-16-2009, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Several years ago they received a visit from Pope John Paul II, in 1990 if I remember correctly.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:49 AM
Commoner

Thanks MAfan, thats pretty huge. I have just recently started following this family. I am intent on keeping up with the few events that do involve this elusive but magnificient dynasty.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:14 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Tiana View Post
Thanks MAfan, thats pretty huge. I have just recently started following this family. I am intent on keeping up with the few events that do involve this elusive but magnificient dynasty.
Life in Liechtenstein is very quiet: the princely family lives in a simple way, they usually visit the new Austrian and Swiss President of the Republic, when elected, or the German Regional President of Baden Wuerttemberg.
From a diplomatic point of view Switzerland represents the principality around the World, as far as I know the principality itself has following Embassies: Austria, Belgium, Germany, Switzerland, US and United Nations.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:25 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Fuerst Hans-Adam II of Liechtenstein bestowed the Liechtenstein order of Merit on prince Wolfgang von und zu Liechtenstein, this friday in Vienna. Prince Wolfgang was Liechtenstein's ambassador in Switzerland from 1996 to 2001 and was always active for the interests of the principality and the family.

Nieuwsberichten Royalblog.nl: Hans Adam eert diplomaat prins Wolfgang

Prince Wolfgang is the son of prince Karl Aloys and princess Elisabeth von Urach (Wuerttemberg. He married Countess Gabriele Basselet de la Rosee, with whom he has a daughter (Stephanie) and a son (Leopold).
Old 01-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Administrator

The Princely Family, including Fürst Hans Adam, Fürstin Marie,
Prince Alois and Princess Sophie offered a New Year's reception,
Vaduz, January 14, 2010:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **
Old 01-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Aristocracy

a photo gallery from the new year's reception:

Galerien aus Liechtenstein - Fotos, Schnappschüsse, Bilder, foto, kamera

(volksblatt.li)

if the link didn't work go to (fotos) and choose the gallery (neujahrsempfang schloss vaduz)
Old 02-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Princess View Post
Does Liechtenstein receive/give any state visit??
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
Several years ago they received a visit from Pope John Paul II, in 1990 if I remember correctly.
Finally I've found my source...
The official visit of Pope John Paul II was paid in 1985 and not in 1990 as I have previously written; another official visit to Liechtenstein was paid by the Austrian Chancellor Bruno Kreisky in 1975.
In 1980 Queen Elizabeth II and The Duke of Edinburgh paid a private visit to Prince Franz Josef II of Liechtenstein, after their official visit to Switzerland.

Tags
liechenstein, prince