The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Liechtenstein

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-11-2005, 01:12 PM

Prince Wenzeslaus (1974- ), son of Prince Philipp Erasmus

Who is he? Hola! magazine online site says he is dating Adriana Lima. They had a dinner date at a restaurant in Rome recently. Picture below is from hola.com

Old 11-12-2005, 01:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Who is he? Hola! magazine online site says he is dating Adriana Lima. They had a dinner date at a restaurant in Rome recently. Picture below is from hola.com
I think you mean Prince Wenzeslaus (alternate spelling: Wenceslas).

HSH Prince Wenzeslaus von und zu Liechtenstein was born in 1974. He is the second son of Prince Philipp Erasmus (a brother of Prince Hans Adam) and Isabelle de l'Arbre de Malander (who is a god-daughter of the late Queen Elisabeth of the Belgians).

His elder brither, Prince Alexander, married Astrid Kohl in 2003., and he has a younger brother, Prince Rudolf, b 1975.

Of all the "junior" Liechtenstein Princes, Alexander and Wenzeslaus have the highest profile in the European magazine (eg Point de Vue), whereas most of the (many) Liechtenstein Princes keep a very low profile, and are rarely photographed.

Old 05-16-2006, 06:08 PM
Serene Highness

He was in today's 'Page Six', the (in?) famous gossip column of New York news tabloid The New York Post:

"DISCIPLINARIAN
ADRIANA Lima is about as passionate as a non-cellphone-throwing supermodel can be. Arriving late at P.M. Lounge at Friday's birthday party for her boyfriend, Prince Wence of Lichtenstein, part of the wealthiest royal family of Europe with $4 billion, she marched up to the birthday boy and slapped him across the face. (Maybe he forgot to send a car to pick her up.) "Then she went to the bar with a girlfriend," said a bystander. "Ten minutes later, she came back, picked up the prince's jacket, grabbed him by the arm and pulled him out the door." Presumably, they soon made up and the prince's birthday ended happily."
Old 05-16-2006, 07:24 PM
Heir Apparent

I read about that earlier today. Adriana is a fiesty one, no?
Old 05-16-2006, 09:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlitteringTiaras
I read about that earlier today. Adriana is a fiesty one, no?
LOL it sure seems that way! I have to admit if I bumped into 'Wence' on the street I'd for sure <not> recognize him!

What really caught my eye was the $4 billion price tag the NY Post attached to his family's wealth. wonder if that's the whole, entire extended Liechtenstein fam. or just Hans Adam and his kids..
Also, if Wence is in NY, he's probably working on Wall St., as in, in the financial industry, I take it.
Old 05-17-2006, 06:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
What really caught my eye was the $4 billion price tag the NY Post attached to his family's wealth. wonder if that's the whole, entire extended Liechtenstein fam. or just Hans Adam and his kids.
I don't think anyone has any idea of the Liechtenstein Family wealth distribution apart from the family themselves.

The House has very detailed family rules which form part of the Principality's Constitution, but internal finances aren't mentioned, apart from Part III, Article 12 (7) of the House Laws, which states the Reigning Prince's obligations:

"As Chairman of the princely foundations and as the usufructary of the family's assets, the Reigning Prince shall support members of the Princely House who find themselves in financial difficulty, insofar as the income from the assets so permits."
Old 05-17-2006, 07:02 AM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
For the most part, the offspring of Hans-Adam II seem to have a pretty good hold of their careers. Or at least the male progeny with Alois being hereditary prince and Max and Constantin both having careers in investment banking.

Not sure about the extended family though. I'm sure they would receive aid if needed. Don't know if they are considered members of the Princely House.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:24 AM
Administrator

House membership

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry
Not sure about the extended family though. I'm sure they would receive aid if needed. Don't know if they are considered members of the Princely House.
Yes Kerry, they are. House Laws Part 1 Article 1 Nature and Membership:

(1) The Princely House of Liechtenstein is an autonomous family community established and organised at the level of the Constitution of the Principality, on the basis of the provisions of the dynastic statute hitherto in force. Its membership shall comprise members by birth or members by marriage.

(2) The Reigning Prince and all descendants in the male line of Prince Johann I of Liechtenstein (1760-1836), being issue of a recognised marriage, are members by birth. A princess whose membership is by birth does not lose such membership on her marriage...

(3) The consort of the Reigning Prince and the wives of princes are members by marriage, provided the marriage is recognised in accordance with this dynastic statute. Membership acquired through marriage is retained during widowhood.
Old 05-17-2006, 12:02 PM
Royal Highness

Wow! There are quite a few of them. Thanks Warren.:)
Old 05-26-2006, 07:21 PM
Commoner

http://blog.absolutely.net/2006/04/2...Boyfriend.html

adriana & the prince i think

http://www.thesuperficial.com/2006/0...s_moody_1.html

bout her fit
Old 05-27-2006, 12:34 PM
Royal Highness

According to the above article posted by jeneve valois, Wence is a billionaire in his own right. Or at least that's my take on it. If that's the case, this family has some deep pockets.

Adriana doesn't look all that great without make-up. JMO.
Old 05-27-2006, 04:08 PM
Aristocracy

I wonder what his family thinks of her and their relationship.
Old 05-28-2006, 01:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate14
I wonder what his family thinks of her and their relationship.
"Not marriage material for a Prince of Liechtenstein" or alternatively "Great! This will raise our profile and get us in the gossip mags!"
Old 05-28-2006, 01:59 AM
Commoner

does anyone know when adriana begain dating him i remember an interview for GQ (http://www.greatestjournal.com/commu...71.html#cutid1)

when she claimed to be a virgin and super catholic is the roal house catholic? hm image repair? another pic of the couple adriana is more dolled up

http://adriana-fans.greatestjournal.com/
Old 05-28-2006, 11:01 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
"Not marriage material for a Prince of Liechtenstein" or alternatively "Great! This will raise our profile and get us in the gossip mags!"

Warren, I believe you're 100% correct on this. We all know that they're a low-proflie family. I definitely can't see it happening either!
Old 05-28-2006, 11:09 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeneve_valois
does anyone know when adriana begain dating him i remember an interview for GQ (http://www.greatestjournal.com/commu...71.html#cutid1)

when she claimed to be a virgin and super catholic is the roal house catholic? hm image repair? another pic of the couple adriana is more dolled up

http://adriana-fans.greatestjournal.com/
Did you read between the lines of that interview? "I have to say no." That was her answer about not having sex because she's Catholic. Oh please!!!
I'm not buying her act.

But yes, the Liechtensteins are Catholic.
Old 05-29-2006, 03:58 PM
Nobility

I don't know if I don't believe her. Even though she is very beautiful and could pretty much have any man she wants that doesn't mean that she has thrown away her personal values.
Old 05-29-2006, 07:38 PM
Serene Highness

I agree with grim. I have no reason to doubt her. If she's says she's a virgin, who am I to disagree? Why would she lie especially since being a virgin is quite an unpopular thing to claim? I do think she's living a double standard by posing very provacatively in her lingerie while being a virgin. But again, that's not up to be to judge.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:33 PM
Commoner

i didnt post it to mean we should doubt her its just a little odd that a victorias secret angel would claim to be catholic and a virgin when shes dating a prince from a catholic family and as from as i know that interview is from GQS april 2006 edition (http://men.style.com/gq/features/lan...d=content_4255) and if she was dating him before that which i think she was it is worthy of being suspicious
Old 08-23-2006, 08:55 PM
Courtier

I wonder how a prince and a heir to a throne manages not to be seen by the public? I guess he is lucky espically when he is dating a famous model that still strikes me as being werid now if she were not that famous maybe not so striking she's one of the most highly paid models in the world. you would think the paparazzi would be chasing those two down the street but that's just my opinion.