All this photos were shot on a photo series of 2.July 1994.
1. Princess Maria Anunciata is the girl in the backround, Marie Astrid the girl before. In 1994 they have a lot of common ground (in the years which follows it will be more differences)
4. to 7. poll images
9. near a lake
10. on this photo you see clearly the differences between both girls; Maria Anunciata is more fair-haired and wears her hair longer than her sister; for me she's the most beautiful from both
Next Wednesday the photo series will continue with Part III!:)
I am very much looking forward to those! Thanks for your great work..I have an old German book by Margret Duenser which has a few nice pics of the Luxembourg family.Both princesses are very pretty..Since the pics are in a book they are hard to scan.Otherwsie I would have done so already:)
Princess Margaretha, Princess of Liechtenstein was born on 15 May 1957 at Betzdorf Castle. She is the younger daughter of Grand Duke Jean and Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte, and the twin sister of Prince Jean.
Education and Youth
Princess Margaretha was educated in Luxembourg, where she attended the European School. She later studied in Belgium, Great Britain and the United States of America.
Marriage and Family
On 20 March 1982, Princess Margaretha married Prince Nikolaus of Liechtenstein, the son of Prince Franz Joseph II and Princess Gina of Liechtenstein, at the Cathedral of Our Lady in Luxembourg. The couple have three children: Princess Maria-Annunciata (born on 12 May 1985), Princess Marie-Astrid (born in 26 June 1987) and Prince Joseph-Emmanuel (born on 7 May 1989).
Princess Margaretha and Prince Nikolaus live in Brussels, where Prince Nikolaus is the Liechtenstein Ambassador to Belgium and the European Union.
The first three photos are remaining photos of (2.7.)1994 photo series. The fourth dates from September 1994, and the 5-8 pictures from 1996.
1. Josef Emanuel (in the pool)
2. another pool picture
3. playing chess
4. in September 1994
5.at Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg's 75th birthday in January 1996
6.to 8. at Liechtenstein's National Holiday the 15.8.1996
Hope you enjoy the photos. Friday will arrive part IV! :)
The complete names are:
HSH Leopold Emanuel Jean Prince von und Zu Liechtenstein(20-5-1984/20-5-1984)
HSH Maria Anunciata Astrid Joséphine Veronica Princess von und zu Liechtenstein (12-5-1985)
HSH Marie-Astrid Nora Margarita Veronica Princess von und zu Liechtenstein (26-10-1987)
HSH Josef-Emanuel Leopold Marie Prince von und Zu Liechtenstein (7-5-1989)
They also have since october 1993 the title of Count and Countess of Rietberg.
Part IV Photos of 1.7.1997 at their home in Brussels
1. and 2. the family in front of their house
3. in the comfortable living
4. Margaretha outside with her three children
5. a beautiful photo with the house in background
6. I guess that this photo was taken at the same time (because of Margaretha's yellow dress and Maria Anunciata's haircut) but I'm not sure
On Monday my pictures will continue with Part V 26.1.1997 Photos:)
The most beautiful pictures of Princess Margaretha's children are certainly the photos of 26.1.1997 of which I have 19 photos, so that I will post them in two parts, the first part today and the second part on thursday!:) :)
1. Princess Maria Anunciata von und zu Liechtenstein (born the 12th May 1985) at the age of 11.
2. Princess Marie Astrid von und zu Liechtenstein (born the 26th June 1987) at the age of 9.
3. Prince Joseph-Emmanuel von und zu Liechtenstein (born on 7th May 1989) at the age of 7.
4. a happy family picture around the sofa
5.and 6. sitting on the floor with the black dog
7. Princess Margaretha playing (funny picture:) !)
8. Princess Margaretha and her three lovely children
9. playing motorway
10. Princess Margaretha and her two beautiful daughters
von und zu= "of". The Liechtenstein royals use this as their nobility particle. Some German royal houses simply say "zu", for example, Prinz zu Reuss. Literally it means "of and too".
Same thing with "de", it means of in French. So Guillaume de Luxembourg means Guillaume of Luxembourg.
[COLOR="Purple"]What is a wedding? Webster's Dictionary defines a wedding as "The process of removing weeds from one's garden."
--Homer Simpson, giving a lecture on marriage
The continuation of the 26.1.1997 pictures are all outdoor images.
11. Who catchs the ball first?:)
12. What sport are Prince Nikolaus of Liechtenstein and his son Prince Joseph-Emmanuel practising? Golf or Hockey?
13. Royal photos
14. another funny image
15. the film cassette is full!
16. the dog want to play too
17.and 18. an artistic dog!
19. three happy children
Note: These photos were also taken in the home in Brussels.
These are holiday pictures dating from August 1997 in Carbasson on the French Côte d'Azur!
1.Maria Anunciata, Marie-Astrid and Josef-Emanuel with all their cousins and cousines on the tennis court
2.Maria Anunciata as a tennis player
3. and 4. other photos with the family
5. the whole family
6. cousine Marie-Christine, cousine Imre, cousin Guillaume, cousin Felix
7. Archduchess Marie Astrid (sister of Princess Margaretha), her husband Carl-Christian and her daughters Marie-Christine and Gabriella
Note: On these pictures you see Archduchess Marie Astrid and Archduke Carl-Christian of Austria with their children Marie-Christine, Imre, Christoph, Alexander and Gabriella, the actual Grand Duke of Luxembourg Henri with his wife Maria Theresa and their children Guillaume, Felix, Louis, Alexandra and Sebastien, the former Grand Duke of Luxembourg Jean with his wife Josephine Charlotte and Prince Guillaume with his wife Sibilla Weiler.
Grand Duke Henri and his family have a summer residence in Cabasson.
1. Maria Anunciata at Guillaume's birthday party to his 18th anniversary in 2000
2. Maria Anunciata with cousin Guillaume in 2001
3. Maria Anunciata with cousine Marie-Christine in 2001
4. Maria Anunciata and sister Marie Astrid in 2001
5. a beautiful picture of Maria Anunciata in 2001