Prince Maximilian & Princess Angela 1: July 2005 - May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lilliegal said:
I think you are onto something. It should be noted that Angela is an Afro-latina rather than African-American. It is my personal opinion that women of African-American origin are not as open minded as Afro-latinas (and even with Afro-latinas, we cant be sure that they would be willing). Therefore, we can't just assume that Angela was the one who needed the ability to catch Max. For even a white prince would not have an easy time attracting most black woman; not saying this is morally right, JMO of course.

I'm sorry, but this kind of conversation is making my head swirl.

Who says african women are not open-minded? I know alot of african women who are very nice and quite pleasant to be around. And now it is becoming a difference on latin or not??!!?? I should have keep my opinion to myself

I still don't really understand the point of it, what does it matter? Maybe I am too simple a person or something

Personally, I find these topics of who is 'racial' or what really sad and give me a headache.

Last edited:
Lillia said:
I'm sorry, but this aspect of the conversation is making my head swirl.

Who says african women are not open-minded? I know alot of african women who are very nice and quite pleasant to be around. And now it is becoming a difference on latin or not??!!?? I should have keep my opinion to myself

I still don't really understand the point of it, what does it matter? Maybe I am naive or something

Personally, I find these topics of who is 'racial' or what really sad and give me a headache.

Perhaps I should clarify what I meant. When I said open minded I was referring specifically to interracial dating and marriage. I wasn't speaking of who isn't nice or unpleasant. However, it is a fact that most African-American women prefer African-American men. Not saying it's right, but to say otherwise would be a denial of facts. Therefore, we should not assume that it was Angela (although culturally a latina) who was the fortunate one here.

I'm African American and what Lilliegal is saying is true to a point, and that point is dwindling as time progresses (Thank God). I have African American female friends who do not understand what I see in my friend (Hungarian American). But I also have the same amount who now understand and are willing themselves to date outside of our race. It basically is how one was brought up. I was brought up not to see color unless made to do so, yet not to use color as a reason for any action. I don't feel that Lilliegal was being offensive in any manner; it just depend upon the way one was brought up and she is correct to a point. She is also correct that African American and African Latina women do not always think the same and where one lives has alot to do with the way they think. In the Latin countries, people are more accepting no matter what hue their skin is. Yet in the States (sadly to say) there are some African Americans as well as African Latinas, that when they relocate here, are more "color conscience" for lack of a better phrase. Those who act in this manner are mimicking the society that they dwell and interact in. Not all but some. Again, as time progress, I choose to believe that this way of thinking will dwindle further.

Last edited:
michelleq said:
I'm African American and what Lilliegal is saying is true to a point, and that point is dwindling as time progresses (Thank God). I have African American female friends who do not understand what I see in my friend (Hungarian American). But I also have the same amount who now understand and are willing themselves to date outside of our race.

I'm also a black woman of Carribbean descent, who has dated caucasian men in the past. What Lilliegal is saying is true to a point. A lot of black women prefer to date black men and find it strange when you are willing to date 'outside the box.'. When I was in high school, you were considered a 'sellout' if you dated interracially. I'm glad this is changing, though, as you should probably date a person who cares for you.

This is becoming quite an enlightening topic. And the beauty behind it, we are all learning about each other and our cultures as well as Maxmilian and Angela!

Yeees. :) Let's back to Angela & Max. I'm glad this thread is longer and longer because they're my favourite couple. Are there any news about them or maybe some pics?

Does anyone know why Princess Angela was a no-show for the last National Day? Little Alfons wasn't even there. Whatever the reason, I'm sure it was a good one. Have any of our forum members been to Liechtenstein's National Day?

Last edited by a moderator:
kerry said:
Well, it was fun while it lasted. :p But back on point. Does anyone know why Princess Angela was a no-show for the last National Day? Little Alfons wasn't even there. Whatever the reason, I'm sure it was a good one. Have any of our forum members been to Liechtenstein's National Day?

I think we will all be on Angela and Alfons watch for this upcoming National Day ;) The latest pics I've seen of her are from 2002 or 2003 so it's been a while. I just hope all is well with the family.

I hope so too. :)

BURBERRYBRIT: I had a death in my family and could not reply to your note erlier RE: HRH Angela and P Max, I am not surprised that my post caused such a stir. Let me introduce myself to you I am a black woman from a former British Colony and I am pro Royalty when I was a little girl I remembered when Queen Mary and King George VI died my mother wore black and mourn for a fornight. thats how British and Pro Royal I am. I was a British Subject now I am an American Object. I like this Forum, many times I wanted to post things that are interesting but I reframe from doing so because this Forum is privately owned and I do not want to seem impiging on anyone or to cause trouble by overstepping my bounds.
WHAT COMES OUT OF PERSON'S MOUTH OR WHAT HE OR SHE WRITES DO NOT NECESSARY ORIGINATE FROM THE HEART:- Our Creator gave each and every one of us an AURA. and some people are given the gift to read and to view things beyond this realm many people use this gift to extort money from their fellow human beings, they become millionaires. Some of the members of this Forum are hypercrits. They do not say things from the heart I presumed that this is the way of all flesh.
What I posted on the Forum last week it was the vibes I picked up from the members who are very interested to know what is going on in P A. P M. lives while some wish them evil others are sinsere and have their interest at heart. If my post was offencive to anyone I humbly appolize. IT IS A PITY THAT PEOPLE CANNOT BE MORE TRUTHFUL WITH ONE ANOTHER . "what comes out of a person's mouth does not necessary originages from the heart". By the way I love all of you and this is the best Forum I enjoyed reading your responses to my post. Thank you. Hilda is still around and may drop other bombshells. If you all do not understand my sentences/expressions "just read through the lines" as the old British people would say. Thank you for putting up with me.

I can see things beyond this realm and I can also read one's aura many people have this gift , like me they go about their daily busines quietly and do not draw attention to themselves.

One should never boast or brag about what another person would do or cannot do, besides, people are deceiving we do not know what we are capable of doing under certain circumstances.

Thank you Hilda for your explanation and for revealing a bit about yourself.

To all members...
Although these posts are 'off-topic' I will leave them on the Board so that our TRF 'Liechtenstein community' has the benefit of reading them.

However, this thread is for current events and informed and factual comment. Questions are asked and answered without speculation, gossip or inference.

Angela and Maximilian appear to be an intensely private couple; there are very few recent photographs and even less news. Bearing this in mind I would ask that future posts keep to the topic, be relevant, and refrain from personal conjecture.

thanks,
Warren

I did not know much about Princess Angela, well, nothing at all. When I read about her and her husband and the acceptance of his family toward her made me look at the low-key Liechtenstein clan with more respect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics!

Elsa has very kindly posted some pics of Princess Angela (oh, and Prince Max too) in the Wedding Thread of Prince Heinrich Donatus of Hesse from 2003. See post #7.

Hello everyone, I have not posted in a while, I have been incredibly busy with work and home. I have a 4 year old, and he keeps me running after him. I would like to second the statement made by Michelleq: Who is the woman with Prince Maximilian? IMHO, she looks very like Princess Angela. I was wondering if anyone knew if she was perhaps Angela's sister or another relative?

Are they still together? Talk about being "under the radar".

I have wondered that myself, michelleq, but I will keep the faith that they are still together. Maybe they will make an appearance at National Day?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed on that one since Angela was a no-show for last year's National Day.

TonyaR said:
Hello everyone, I have not posted in a while, I have been incredibly busy with work and home. I have a 4 year old, and he keeps me running after him. I would like to second the statement made by Michelleq: Who is the woman with Prince Maximilian? IMHO, she looks very like Princess Angela. I was wondering if anyone knew if she was perhaps Angela's sister or another relative?

It's none of our business of course, but I want to know, too! :)
Am I the only one who thinks that picture has a weird feel to it? For one, we haven't seen him stepping out with his wife for what seems eons. When we do see <him> stepping out, he has his arms around a woman we don't know, but not around the arms of his sister in law nor around his brother, who both also are in the picture.
Ah well, maybe there's nothing to it, but yet, why did he have his arm around her and no one else? And she's standing so very very close to him? Unless she's Angela's sister, I wouldn't like it if I were Max's wife. Again it just seems weird.

It is just so hard to interpret anything this family does, especially with Maximilian and Angela. They are so intensely private that anything could be going on behind closed doors. I guess it's a good thing that they have their privacy, but not so good for nosy inquisitive people like us who want to know more about them and wait for them to make a noise! :)

michelleq said:
Are they still together? Talk about being "under the radar".
I think they are together and all are doing fine.:)

michelleq said:

This has been a mystery to us for quite some time. I would like to point out that the style of dress is not that of Princess Angela. Also, the caption summary (is that Russian?) doesn't mention her specifically as it does the others. Not to mention this lady's complexion is light like Prince Max. I do think all is well between the two though.

My comment keeps disappearing:

Again, I wonder how little Alfons is?

BurberryBrit said:

I agree BurberryBrit, I wonder how he is also. I visited Nettie's site (fantastic site btw, Nettie!) and saw from the News section that Alfons' birthday is this month. I wonder if Prince Max and Princess Angela are still living in Germany? I have never seen them in any of the tabloids or a celebrity magazine like 'Hello'. They keep a very low profile.

BurberryBrit said:
It's pointless to keep asking this question because no-one here is in a position to answer it.

If there were news and/or pics of Anglea, Max and Alfons in the public domain, I'm pretty sure someone would post whatever they could find.

We can have a succession of posts beginning with "I wonder if..." but they add nothing to the quality or substance of the thread.

Warren
Liechtenstein moderator

Alisa said:
Prince Maximilian has assumed the position of being a member of the Chairman Group Executive Committee for the family bank, LGT.

http://www.lgt.com/group/en/presse/pressebilder/ (large photo)

There are pictures of Liechtenstein princely family, there is a photo of P. Alois' wife, but there is no P Maximillian's wife, P Angela's picture.:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom