Prince Maximilian & Princess Angela 1: July 2005 - May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What does "mediatised sovereign house" mean?

Mediatised Houses

Emily said:
What does "mediatised sovereign house" mean?
Keeping it simple... when the Holy Roman Empire (specifically the Germanic lands) was a patchwork of myriad big and little Counties, Principalities, Duchies, Margravates, Electorates etc the ruling princes owed allegiance directly to the Holy Roman Emperor (who happened to be the Habsburg ruler of the hereditary possessions of Austria).

Napoleon Bonaparte declared the Empire a relic of the past and the Emperor abdicated the position in 1806 (after adding 'Emperor of Austria' to his titles in 1804 immediately after Bonaparte proclaimed himself Emperor of the French). Following the turmoil of the Napoleonic Wars the map of Central Europe was re-drawn at the Congress of Vienna in 1815. Most of the little sovereign states were formally absorbed into the territory of their larger neighbour (not always willingly); the former sovereigns of the pocket principalities ceased to rule, and now owed allegiance firstly to their local King, Grand Duke, Duke or Prince. So in terms of feudal allegiance the dispossessed former rulers now had a new liege lord between themselves and the Emperor of Austria, thus the term "media" or "between".

As compensation for the loss of sovereign status the several hundred affected families were declared to be Ebenbürtigkeit ("equal") to the reigning Houses in terms of marriage eligibility and social ranking, plus other privileges, and became known as the "Mediatised Sovereign Houses of the Holy Roman Empire".

Hello, I'm new to the forum. I was wondering if anyone might know where there are any recently posted photos of this very interesting royal couple or their cute little son Alfons?

TonyaR said:
Hello, I'm new to the forum. I was wondering if anyone might know where there are any recently posted photos of this very interesting royal couple or their cute little son Alfons?

Welcome to the Forum TonyaR and I hope to hear from you again. Happy posting!

I'm afraid this is a fairly private family so we don't have recent pictures of Alfons. However you might want to have a look at these posts. Enjoy!

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/124272-post51.html

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/215164-post106.html

I think he is 5 years old. Angela & Max married in 2000, and Alfons was probably born in 2001.

Alfons certainly is an adorable little boy. Are Prince Maximilian and Princess Angela close to the Prince's family, and do they have any other children?

I think Alfons is their only child. I can't speculate on how close they are with the rest of the family. I do know Angela is Godmother to one of her sister in law's children.

Princess Angela is Godmother to one of Princess Tatjana's daughters.

I assisted in managing buildings that housed many top fashion designes like Carolina Herrara (a very distinguished lady) Jim Hjelm and other known designers I never heard of a A Brown as a designer I enquired and no one seems to be familar with Princess Angela (a former designer) Did she work for a designer? The Fashion District in New York has over a thousand designers some high class some just trying to make it while others barely keeping their heads above water. As for the photographers haunting down Princess Angela and Prince Max, in some cases reporters and photographers dig deep into matters before they write things that are not true because they can be sued. The Germans are tickled that a black woman of no prominence and to boot ll years Prince Max senior was able to penitrate the old Hasberg family. I assume that the Germans are fascinited with this love story. A soon to be middle age black woman and a young prince. History is in the making.
and a

According to what I've read on the net, Angela worked for Adrienne Vittadini and also sold her own designs.

Burberry Brit, thank you for your note, I have been working in the Garment District(Fashion Avenue) in New York for years I met designers f from Europe, the middle East, Far East, South America Italy, and I can go on and on never heard of this person. if Princess Angela was a person of prominence her biography would have been in the book store already she is married to one of the richest Royal family in the world . Writers and biographers would have siezed the opportunity to cash in they cannot write (I assume) what is not true) I will put it this way she is older and wiser she caught a big fish at 42 years old. There are thousands of Fashion designers in New York, some are famous and other are not. even the small designers out of town are known.

Hilda Thomas said:
Burberry Brit, thank you for your note, I have been working in the Garment District(Fashion Avenue) in New York for years I met designers f from Europe, the middle East, Far East, South America Italy, and I can go on and on never heard of this person. if Princess Angela was a person of prominence her biography would have been in the book store already she is married to one of the richest Royal family in the world . Writers and biographers would have siezed the opportunity to cash in they cannot write (I assume) what is not true) I will put it this way she is older and wiser she caught a big fish at 42 years old. There are thousands of Fashion designers in New York, some are famous and other are not. even the small designers out of town are known.

Well Hilda, she has some prominence now, doesn't she. It was never noted anywhere that she was a famous designer, but that she worked for the designer that Burberry Brit stated and that she had designed under A. Brown. Anyone can design. Whether she was popular or, as to paraphrase you, prominent, was never noted nor that her designs were sold. She must be truly loved by her husband, esp. per your quote in bold print, "I will put it this way she is older and wiser she caught a big fish at 42 years old" and "a soon to be middle age black woman". Her husband's family has accepted her and apparently care for her and she is accepted by her new peers as she was accepted by her peers prior to her marriage. Your vast knowledge in the garment district is duly noted, but the tone of your posts, to me, are rather distasteful and prejudicial. If you want to state that her biography has been "fluffed" in any way, well that has been done by Royals and Celebrites for many a year. Again, I have always read that she worked for a desinger and had designed under A. Brown, no more, no less. Her new life is as HSH Princess Angela of Liechtenstein; she doesn't have to design another thing as long as she lives if she chooses not to. And I find it wonderful that many taboos of the past have been put to rest by "Intellegient Humans of today". I myself being an African American Woman am dating a 100% Hungarian American Man. His family, who were born in Hungary, are very kind and caring towards me. Who knows what the future may hold, but my, and his mind, have never been narrowed enough to limit ourselves to just our race; such as the generations after yours seem to be doing. Today, bigotry is only being held in the minds and lives of a certain element of people. And that is the tone I perceive when I read your post; again distasteful and prejudicial.

Last edited:
I think that just because Angela doesn't have an aristocratic background doesn't mean she isn't wonderful. For me, the fact that she was able to "catch" Prince Max despite her being of a different face, class, status, etc, just signals to me that she must have been a phenomenal woman who he simply couldn't resist despite what others may perceive as negatives in her background.

BurberryBrit said:
I think that just because Angela doesn't have an aristocratic background doesn't mean she isn't wonderful. For me, the fact that she was able to "catch" Prince Max despite her being of a different face, class, status, etc, just signals to me that she must have been a phenomenal woman who he simply couldn't resist despite what others may perceive as negatives in her background.

Bravo!!! And that she is!

My Dear Michelleq: I will quote Longfellow "Things are not what they seem!!!

I did not impinged on HSH Princess Angela's character, Like everyone else I had an opinion. On many forums it was stated that the pazzaratzi was not haunting down Angela and her husband. Reporters will go behind God's back to dig out information, I am not the only one on the Forum who did not hear about a A Brown's creation. Please check the dictionary for the meaning of the word prominence and I think that a middle aged woman marring a young prince is a fantastic story Princess Charlotte of Germany(part black) had married King George of England. I read on the forum that, I quote "Princess Angela said that she was a descendant of Hispanic unlike others who felt that Angela did not want to be black. I did not take the quote out of context as you did with my statement. In the Garment district there are thousands of dress designers some are famous while others are not the come from all over the world. Angela is older and wisher does'nt experience come with age. who would not like to catch a big fish?? It was mentioned over and over that no information is given on this couple, reporters can be sued if they do not write the truth. If there is nothing to write then there is nothing to report. Again things are not what they seem.

Hilda Thomas said:
My Dear Michelleq: I will quote Longfellow "Things are not what they seem!!!

That is correct; many times people put on a facade for the world to see but in fact they may be the complete opposite.

I take offense to the derogatory statements with the racial undertones that you made in your posts . I find them quite offensive. But again, that is the way I perceive your posts, my dearest Hilda.

I think newspapers don't write anything about Angela and Max because they both decided to have low key life, living more like regular people. On the other hand tabloids don't write about Angela because they are not able to find anything scandalus.
Re: Angela career. I know nothing about design and fashion industry but her career seems quite impressive for me. She graduated from School of Fashion Design,worked for famous designers and had her own company. Contrary to many people from prominent families she did not have any favoritism when making career.

Angela and Max marriage is a very romantic story about how powerful love can be. :)

Last edited:
Lakshmi said:
On the other hand tabloids don't write about Angela because they are not able to find anything scandalus.
Re: Angela career. I know nothing about design and fashion industry but her career seems quite impressive for me. She graduated from School of Fashion Design,worked for famous designers and had her own company. Contrary to many people from prominent families she did not have any favoritism when making career.

Angela and Max marriage is a very romantic story about how powerful love can be. :)

I agree. Scandals sell papers. Angela doesn't appear to have skeletons so to speak worth writing about, so I suppose they don't bother to write about her at all. As for her not wanting to be black, I guess that is a matter of opinion. I think in Central America, they look at race a little differently than we do in the US. Being from Panama, Angela wouldn't be considered Black. She would be Hispanic. At least this is what my Black Panamanian Spanish Teacher told our class about 14 years ago when one of the students asked if she was Black. However, in the US, because she looks Black, she would be considered a Hispanic of African descent since Hispanics can be of any race. Max and Angela are one of my favorite couples. Maybe being low key is a good thing. You don't have to worry about people making up lies about you. I'm surprised though that no one in the media risks doing it though.

Hilda Thomas said:

I read your posts, and they left me some what confused...What are you implying about Angela? Just because she wasn't "prominent" in the New York fashion circle doesn't mean that she wasn't a designer. If it was a lie, the media would have found it out at some point, and had a field day with it because that is what they do.

Last edited:
Hilda Thomas said:
I did not impinged on HSH Princess Angela's character, Like everyone else I had an opinion. On many forums it was stated that the pazzaratzi was not haunting down Angela and her husband. Reporters will go behind God's back to dig out information, I am not the only one on the Forum who did not hear about a A Brown's creation. Please check the dictionary for the meaning of the word prominence and I think that a middle aged woman marring a young prince is a fantastic story Princess Charlotte of Germany(part black) had married King George of England. I read on the forum that, I quote "Princess Angela said that she was a descendant of Hispanic unlike others who felt that Angela did not want to be black. I did not take the quote out of context as you did with my statement. In the Garment district there are thousands of dress designers some are famous while others are not the come from all over the world. Angela is older and wisher does'nt experience come with age. who would not like to catch a big fish?? It was mentioned over and over that no information is given on this couple, reporters can be sued if they do not write the truth. If there is nothing to write then there is nothing to report. Again things are not what they seem.

I'm not sure I understand your post. What do you mean when you say things aren't as they seem? You seem to be accusing Angela of something but I can't decipher what it is. Please, elaborate.

Well, hasn't this thread taken an odd turn?
Who would have thought there are dark subtexts not yet revealed?

I think most of us prefer facts, observations and opinions rather than vague inferences. Now there's a hint!

Warren
Royal Forums moderator

Thank you Warren for your continual guidance. Wonderful as always!

Amen!!! I say that we all wait for BurberryBrit to go over to Liechtenstien for National Day and pray to God that the esteemed royal couple actually show-up!;) :D :p ;) :D :p

sommone said:
I am amazed too that while living in Germany, the press doesn't seem to bother them. You rarely see pictures of the family at all. It kind of throws a major wrench in the royal watching of this couple, but I very much respect their privacy, and wanting to be left alone. Maybe when Alfons comes of age, we might see more photos of the family. I guess we will have to wait and see.

I'm glad that people at least respect their privacy also -- after all, they are not birds.

michelleq said:
That is correct; many times people put on a facade for the world to see but in fact they may be the complete opposite.

I take offense to the derogatory statements with the racial undertones that you made in your posts . I find them quite offensive. But again, that is the way I perceive your posts, my dearest Hilda.

Nicely put -- but look at it this way, who says Prince Maxmillian isn't actually the lucky one in this story? Why would it be assumed that she would be the one so fortunate -- perhaps he himself cannot believe his own good fortune for being able to captivate her, then get her to accept his proposal?

Lillia said:
Nicely put -- but look at it this way, who says Prince Maxmillian isn't actually the lucky one in this story? Why would it be assumed that she would be the one so fortunate -- perhaps he himself cannot believe his own good fortune for being able to captivate her, then get her to accept his proposal?

I agree wholeheartedly Lillia! Who is to say which is the luckiest; personally I think they are both very fortunate to love each other. And he is a prince to boot. Now, I want to be that lucky. Maybe Gustav of Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg is available for me if my boyfriend and I don't work out.

Lillia said:

I think you are onto something. It should be noted that Angela is an Afro-latina rather than African-American. It is my personal opinion that women of African-American origin are not as open minded as Afro-latinas (and even with Afro-latinas, we cant be sure that they would be willing). Therefore, we can't just assume that Angela was the one who needed the ability to catch Max. For even a white prince would not have an easy time attracting most black woman; not saying this is morally right, JMO of course.

I want to thank all of you who with your various posts have indicated in your special way, that this is the way the world should be. We take people for who they are, not what they are.

But we Royal Watchers are a special group of people anyway. Not just oon this board but the other wonderful boards; Netty's, Anuschka's, Glenn's, and all the other who are to numerous to name.

I feel that I have friends from all over the world! We may not always agree, but we are friends with a common bond; Royalty!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom