The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Liechtenstein

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR View Post
I can't tell if he's wearing his wedding ring or not because the photos only show his right hand. If he is wearing his ring, it would be on the left hand wouldn't it? I have only ever seen people wear their wedding ring on their left hand.
This photo shows his left hand (assuming it isn't reversed because sometimes photos are flipped from left to right )
LGT Group CEO Prince Max von und zu Liechtenstein attends the ... - Yahoo! News Photos

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 04-02-2008, 10:16 PM
Courtier

In Germany, people wear their wedding ring on the right hand. I don't know how it is in Liechtenstein.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:41 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
There are quite a few European countries where the wedding ring/band is worn on the right hand. It seems as Liechtenstein is one of those countries.

Look at the following pic of Hereditary Princess Sophie with her ring on her left hand.

On the other point, the pics that I have seen of Princess Angela have shown her wedding ring on her left. Sorry I can't post the pic that I do have; I'm not sure who give credit to if I was to upload it. Also, I've never seen a wedding band on Prince Max or Hereditary Prince Alois.
Old 04-07-2008, 09:49 PM
Nobility

I wouldn't be surprised if Princess Angela still follows the American tradition of the wedding band on the left hand.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:00 PM
Royal Highness

Oxygen, that's exactly my point. What girl over here doesn't grow up looking forward to getting that ring on her left ring finger?

But...Her ring is rather European with the center stone being other than a diamond. She sports a nice looking sapphire set vice the typical diamond solitare and band we wear on this side of the Atlantic. It looks like it might be a Liechtenstein tradition.
Old 04-08-2008, 05:22 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kerry View Post
There are quite a few European countries where the wedding ring/band is worn on the right hand. It seems as Liechtenstein is one of those countries.

Look at the following pic of Hereditary Princess Sophie with her ring on her left hand.

On the other point, the pics that I have seen of Princess Angela have shown her wedding ring on her left. Sorry I can't post the pic that I do have; I'm not sure who give credit to if I was to upload it. Also, I've never seen a wedding band on Prince Max or Hereditary Prince Alois.
That looks like her right hand to me.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 04-08-2008, 01:04 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks BB. I meant the right hand. I also remember seeing an old pic of Princess Marie with what looks to be the same ring on her right ring finger.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:59 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

While unsuccessfully searching Google for a different pic of Princess Marie in honour of her birthday, I came across this pic. It may have been posted earlier, but nonetheless...

with Archduchess Marie-Christine of Austria, Hesse wedding
Old 04-22-2008, 07:16 PM
Nobility

Thank you Warren, they look lovely together. Photos of Prince Max and Princess Angela are so scarce we love to see them even if we've seen them before!
Old 04-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Royal Highness

I have to agree with you. I do so love the pic since I did have it as one of my previous avatars. The couple was attending the wedding of Prince Donatus and Princess Floria of Hesse.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:59 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR View Post
...we love to see them even if we've seen them before!
Since the Liechtenstein screen-writers are continuing their long-term strike, there is no alternative other than to show repeats.
Old 05-15-2008, 08:55 PM
Royal Highness

This might be viewed as rehashed news but with a little variation. Tells us a little more about the family.
Old 05-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Royal Highness

Prince Max among Wealth-Bulletin’s 40 Rising Stars in European Wealth Management 2008. List here.
Old 05-26-2008, 11:39 PM
Commoner

Greetings,
Does anybody know anything about Prinz Alfons' outfit? Is it traditional dress from Liechtenstein?
He is such a little heartbreaker, the spitting image of his dad and he looks like he is going to be very tall! How tall are the men in the family? Prince Maximilian looks to be at least 6'3"!

Quote:
Princess Angela's outfit was quite stylish IMO. The pics posted above along with a few from Seeger Press paint a beautiful outfit.

Alfons is a indeed Prince Charming: http://www.seegerpress-online.de/see...&ID=1189418571
Old 05-27-2008, 01:54 AM
Commoner

alfons is dressed in the characteristic austrian countryside-look and wearing a so called "lederhose" (short trousers made of leather of deer). the lichtensteins are austrian-bohemian origin - it typical for austrian-german nobility to wear the countryside look....
Old 05-27-2008, 04:17 AM
Serene Highness

Alfons is very similar to Max in that picture.
And congrats to Maximillian for being listed as Wealth-Bulletin’s rising star in management.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 05-27-2008, 12:26 PM
Commoner

Thanks! i was not entirely certain. He looks so handsome in that outfit. He truly looks like his father!

It would appear that this was a big event for little Alfons to attend. it was a great way for him to meet what I believe to be his extended family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carinthia View Post
alfons is dressed in the characteristic austrian countryside-look and wearing a so called "lederhose" (short trousers made of leather of deer). the lichtensteins are austrian-bohemian origin - it typical for austrian-german nobility to wear the countryside look....
Old 05-27-2008, 09:05 PM
Commoner

Mysterm Woman With Max In Earlier thread?

En Passant:
I took note of this mystery woman pictured with H.S.H. Maximillian in this thread:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f73/prince-maximilian-princess-angela-1-july-2005-may-2007-a-6655-5.html
I tried to do so sleuthing using Fotobank and babel fish.com. I was able to get a rough translation which yielded this:

Описание:
Свадеба Ванессы фон Бисмарк и Максимилиана Вайнера, Фридрихсру, Германия, 28 мая 2005. На фото - князь Лихтенштейна Константин (Prince Constantin) и принцесса Мари (Princess Marie) и князь Максимилиан (Prince Maximilian) с женой.
ENGLISH: Description: [Svadeba] Vanessa von Bismarck and Maksimilian [Vayner], To [fridrikhsru], Germany, on May 28, 2005. On the photo- prince of Lichtenstein Constantine (Prince Of constantin) and princess Marie (Princess Of marie) and prince Maksimilian (Prince Of maximilian) with the wife.
This was the wedding of:
Vanessa von Bismarck wedding to Maximilian Weiner
http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9A01E4DD1139F93AA15756C0A9639C8B63

That is the best I could come up with.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:07 PM
Royal Highness

BrooklynGirl,
Thanks for your efforts. I think we all can agree that the woman in the photo isn't Princess Angela. Unfortunately, photo agencies do make mistakes. So she still remains a mystery.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:08 AM
Commoner

Oh Well...

Oh Well...
She looks vaguely familiar somehow.
Anyway, I too am looking forward to the pictures from National Day. Can't wait to see how much Alfons has grown.
BTW: Is he named after a family member?

Quote:
BrooklynGirl,
Thanks for your efforts. I think we all can agree that the woman in the photo isn't Princess Angela. Unfortunately, photo agencies do make mistakes. So she still remains a mystery.