The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Liechtenstein

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-04-2008, 10:28 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Small private banks attracting greater interest from potential clients...

Prince Maximilian, Group CEO, LGT Bank in Liechtenstein, said: "People question why these large banks have failed so dramatically. If they could not manage their own profitability in a sensible way, what does that mean for the client?...
Channelnewsasia.com

Old 02-07-2008, 10:03 PM
Royal Highness

This is an old story and should've been in the family thread. However, I put it here because it does mention Max and Angela. She's referred to as a dark beauty.

Michael Graeter — Münchner Prinzessin bald Liechtensteins First Lady

Old 02-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kerry View Post
Small private banks attracting greater interest from potential clients...

Prince Maximilian, Group CEO, LGT Bank in Liechtenstein, said: "People question why these large banks have failed so dramatically. If they could not manage their own profitability in a sensible way, what does that mean for the client?...
Channelnewsasia.com

Think they'd manage my (little amount of) money?

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 02-07-2008, 10:37 PM
Royal Highness

That's funny! I doubt I could afford the minimum deposit amount. His statement does make sense though.
Old 02-13-2008, 05:10 PM
Royal Highness

Princess Angela is referred to as being an exotic beauty when I googled her in German. I wonder if its due to her dark skin, Panamanian heritage, or both. Maybe that's just the politically correct way in Germany.
Old 02-25-2008, 11:02 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kerry View Post
This is an old story and should've been in the family thread. However, I put it here because it does mention Max and Angela. She's referred to as a dark beauty.

Michael Graeter — Münchner Prinzessin bald Liechtensteins First Lady
"Dark beauty" sounds very exotic! I think that's a nice phrase for them to use. She is definitely very pretty, and she doesn't look her age at all. It's amazing.

Prince Alfonz is such a handsome little boy, it's really a shame that Prince Max and Princess Angela weren't able to have more children. The recent photos of Prince Max posted in this thread show him to be as handsome as ever.

As for the family fortune, I understand they have about £2 billion ($3.9 billion USD). They have an extremely large family, but I think that it's more than enough money to consider all of them as being very rich.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:14 AM
Royal Highness

TonyaR,

With all of the recent hooplah over Liechtenstein's banking secrets, I recently read that the family fortune is estimated at $6 billion dollars.

I'm sad that Prince Alfons doesn't have at least another sibling to grow up with but I'm sure he sees his cousins enough to really know them. I think that was evident enough through the pics from National Day 2006.
Old 02-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyaR View Post
"Dark beauty" sounds very exotic! I think that's a nice phrase for them to use. She is definitely very pretty, and she doesn't look her age at all. It's amazing.

Prince Alfonz is such a handsome little boy, it's really a shame that Prince Max and Princess Angela weren't able to have more children. The recent photos of Prince Max posted in this thread show him to be as handsome as ever.

As for the family fortune, I understand they have about £2 billion ($3.9 billion USD). They have an extremely large family, but I think that it's more than enough money to consider all of them as being very rich.
Exotic is a very fitting word for us Panamanians, considering that we are generally good looking thanks to our country's mixed heritage and the fact that out total population is like 3 million. The Prince really did find the needle in the haystack.
Old 03-04-2008, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent

LGT Group CEO Prince Max von und zu Liechtenstein (L) and CFO Olivier de Perregaux attend the annual news conference on the 2007 results in Zurich March 4, 2008. Liechtenstein bank LGT Group said clients had withdrawn nothing more than "peanuts" in the wake of an international tax evasion scandal but said the roaring pace of growth would slow temporarily. A tax scandal threatening to ensnare hundreds of prominent Germans is centering on client data stolen from the bank by a former employee in 2002, said the unlisted bank, which is owned by Liechtenstein's ruling family.

LGT Group CEO Prince Max von und zu Liechtenstein (L) and CFO ... - Yahoo! News Photos
LGT Group CEO Prince Max von und zu Liechtenstein (L) and CFO ... - Yahoo! News Photos
LGT Group CEO Prince Max von und zu Liechtenstein addresses ... - Yahoo! News Photos
LGT Group CEO Prince Max von und zu Liechtenstein attends the ... - Yahoo! News Photos
LGT Group CEO Prince Max von und zu Liechtenstein attends the ... - Yahoo! News Photos
Old 03-04-2008, 10:41 AM
Royal Highness

Thanks for the story & links which I will read later. (I am at an appt so I'm on my Palm Treo.) If the main intent of the account holders were to evade paying taxes on their personal income, where else can they run to? From what I've read Monaco has been feeling some heat. Haven't heard anything on Andorra but sure it's just a matter of time. So maybe the ones that remain steadfast aren't trying to dodge. It is very clear that a lot have though.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:24 PM
Royal Highness

Looks like one good soul took it upon his/herself to finally write a bio, albeit brief one, on Prince Max out there in "wiki-land". Take a look: Prince Maximilian of Liechtenstein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 03-19-2008, 04:57 PM
Nobility

I think it's nice that someone has finally put a bio of Prince Maximilian on Wikipedia. I do wish it was more fleshed-out, but since I didn't contribute I certainly can't complain!
Old 03-19-2008, 09:22 PM
Royal Highness

Dig a little further as I did and you will be pleasantly surprised to see that the "author" is one of our own TRF members! I know that the bio isn't as "fleshed-out" as we would all like to see but it is what's been published in the media. Therefore, pretty much all that we know.
Old 03-20-2008, 12:03 AM
Serene Highness

I am glad to see Max's bio on Wikie.
I came here hoping to see new pictures of Angela, but at least I can see her handsome hubby.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 03-20-2008, 01:35 PM
Royal Highness

Dreamy!

Sorry, Lakshmi. I surf the web everyday hoping to find the same to no avail; they are very hard to come by. As of late, the only glimpses we get of her are at royal and noble weddings in Germany, Belgium, etc. Since many of the family were no-shows for last National Day, I'm still hoping that we will see her, Max, and Alfons this coming holiday. At least I have my fingers crossed.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:23 PM
Royal Highness

The bio is a good start. However, is a bit "dry" there is more information that could be added to give it more substance. For example, who his siblings are, his hobbies, his complete titles, and a picture. Of course such information is actually available out there it just requires a bit of time and efford to find and/or translate them.

Still it's a very nice start.

For example:

Here is a short bio with a bit more info on the Prince's education and career.

http://www.exclusiv.li/Magazin/exclu...8/Default.aspx
Old 03-29-2008, 09:17 PM
Serene Highness

Point De Vue issue from 2000 when the lovely couple's marriage was announced:
POINT DE VUE Mariage Maximilian Liechtenstein Rainier en vente sur eBay.fr (fin le 31-Mai-08 21:56:22 Paris)

I'd love to see the actual article.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 03-31-2008, 07:03 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanletizia View Post
LGT Group CEO Prince Max von und zu Liechtenstein (L) and CFO Olivier de Perregaux attend the annual news conference on the 2007 results in Zurich March 4, 2008. Liechtenstein bank LGT Group said clients had withdrawn nothing more than "peanuts" in the wake of an international tax evasion scandal but said the roaring pace of growth would slow temporarily. A tax scandal threatening to ensnare hundreds of prominent Germans is centering on client data stolen from the bank by a former employee in 2002, said the unlisted bank, which is owned by Liechtenstein's ruling family.

LGT Group CEO Prince Max von und zu Liechtenstein addresses ... - Yahoo! News Photos
Wonder why he doesn't wear a wedding ring??
Old 03-31-2008, 05:54 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikiie View Post
Wonder why he doesn't wear a wedding ring??
I know plenty of married men who don't wear a ring. So I don't think it means anything. Of course, my preference would be for my husband to wear his ring. . .ALWAYS!

Old 04-02-2008, 12:02 PM
Nobility

I can't tell if he's wearing his wedding ring or not because the photos only show his right hand. If he is wearing his ring, it would be on the left hand wouldn't it? I have only ever seen people wear their wedding ring on their left hand.