The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-24-2017, 02:29 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Unfortunately that is just about all you will get. The couple along with the rest of the princely family fiercely guard their privacy.
Yes I know. I'd really love to know more about them outside of the official photocalls and such. Ah well. All the best to them :)
------------------------------------------------
"You don't get out of life alive." ~Jimmy the Hand~
"The battle of the sexes will never be won, we fraternize with the enemy"

Old 09-30-2017, 02:56 PM
Nobility

Does Princess Angela still speak Spanish? I know she grew up in NYC and I hope they spoke Spanish to her only at home?

Old 09-30-2017, 04:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

It's interesting how the interest in this couple seems to increase with the chance of Meghan becoming a member of the BRF. I guess this would extend to the larger public when an engagement is announced as some media undoubtedly will refer to Angela on that occasion (or not long after).
Old 10-02-2017, 07:46 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by American Observer7 View Post
Does Princess Angela still speak Spanish? I know she grew up in NYC and I hope they spoke Spanish to her only at home?
Yes Angela speaks fluent Spanish as does Prince Max. Angela was born in Panama.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:05 AM
Courtier

From the Aulendorf wedding link that @izabela84 provided, here's the page where you can find one photo of Princess Angela and Prince Max dressed beautifully as always walking toward the church most likely. Angela looks so lovely in a deep pink/ magenta dress. She always looks self-contained and elegant.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/639942...h/35307369880/ scroll to middle of the page (pic of Max & Angela is far right, middle)

I also found this delightful Q&A with Princess Angela re travel tips when visiting Panama. Angela describes Panama so lovingly:
Panama Guide | World Of Aerin

Here's an excerpt from the above Q&A with Princess Angela, in her own words:
"My favorite escape is to the AMA Estancia in the charming town of Pedasi, on the southern tip of the Azuero Peninsula. The AMA is a gorgeous secluded retreat on a private beach. The terrain is really green and unspoiled. We go for beautiful walks on the beach. My husband and son love to surf, snorkel or go fishing in the early morning. In the afternoon they either play tennis or go horseback riding in the hills. The best time to visit Panama is from December through April to escape our grumpy winters and then again July and August when the whales migrate and we can see them from our breakfast table at AMA Estancia."

From the other link to pictures of the extended Liechtenstein family with the Pope, I found additional links to public event info chiefly for Prince Max, and a couple of appearances by Princess Angela (including the earlier posted Sothebys picture in Munich). The travel tip Q&A (World of Aerin) link is from this event page:
Luxarazzi: Prince Max

And here's an article about the extended Liechtenstein family's visit to see the Pope:
Luxarazzi: Princely Family Meets the Pope

The main page linked earlier by izabel84 shows Prince Alfons greeting the Pope:
Luxarazzi: Tons of Pictures of the Liechtensteins at the Vatican

And here is the gallery of photos of the Liechtenstein family's visit to see the Pope. Scroll down to find Princess Angela shaking the Pope's hand -- her face is obscured by her hair, but it's photo #00024 on the first page of the photo gallery. Prince Max and Prince Alfons additional individual photos must be on other pages in the gallery. Yes check page 3, photos 00100, 00101, 00102, and 00103 for pictures of Prince Max, Princess Angela and Prince Alfons with the Pope:
LE LORO ALTEZZE SERENISSIME I PRINCIPI HANS-ADAM II E MARIE DEL LIECHTENSTEIN
Old 10-02-2017, 10:52 AM
Majesty

They are a lovely elegant and dignified couple who go about their private lives. They have never tried to make a "cause" out of their mixed marriage, simply letting their example speak for itself. Their only child seems integrated perfectly into the life of the LRF. He is a beautiful kid who has grown soo tall!

I have always admired these two.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 12-04-2017, 08:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Meghan is not the only one: she meets the other European princess of African origin

https://translate.google.pt/translat...ano_1485058%2F
Old 03-13-2018, 09:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
They are a lovely elegant and dignified couple who go about their private lives. They have never tried to make a "cause" out of their mixed marriage, simply letting their example speak for itself. Their only child seems integrated perfectly into the life of the LRF. He is a beautiful kid who has grown soo tall!

I have always admired these two.
But why would they need to make any kind of 'cause' out of their love for each other in any case. That's a strange notion. I do not think that any so-called 'interracial' couple try to make a 'cause' out of falling in love and marrying. Even the famous case of the Lovings in the American south, was simply about two young human beings falling in love and wanting to spend the rest of their lives together, and being thwarted by abusive and divisive laws.

That Prince Max and Angela Brown fell in love and were able to marry is cause enough for them to be happy and to go about the business of living their lives in private. They can certainly afford to live in privacy with the Liechtenstein family being the wealthiest of all European royals. Prince Max is said to manage his father Prince Hans Adam's 4.9 billion pounds fortune (that estimated figure is from a 2015 article in DF).

Prince Max and Princess Angela are fortunate to have at least one child, Prince Alfons (who will be 17 in May). Angela was around 40 when they married and she's 11 years older than Prince Max. She doesn't look that much older than her husband. She's quite beautiful, and they seem to be a very happy family, lucky to be able to live their lives privately out of the full-on glare of 24/7 public scrutiny. There haven't even been that many public pictures taken of Prince Alfons over the years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liechtenstein