Prince Maximilian (1969- ), Princess Angela (1958- ) and Family 2: May 2007-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfortunately that is just about all you will get. The couple along with the rest of the princely family fiercely guard their privacy.
Yes I know. I'd really love to know more about them outside of the official photocalls and such. Ah well. All the best to them :)
------------------------------------------------
"You don't get out of life alive." ~Jimmy the Hand~
"The battle of the sexes will never be won, we fraternize with the enemy"

Does Princess Angela still speak Spanish? I know she grew up in NYC and I hope they spoke Spanish to her only at home?

It's interesting how the interest in this couple seems to increase with the chance of Meghan becoming a member of the BRF. I guess this would extend to the larger public when an engagement is announced as some media undoubtedly will refer to Angela on that occasion (or not long after).

Does Princess Angela still speak Spanish? I know she grew up in NYC and I hope they spoke Spanish to her only at home?
Yes Angela speaks fluent Spanish as does Prince Max. Angela was born in Panama.

From the Aulendorf wedding link that @izabela84 provided, here's the page where you can find one photo of Princess Angela and Prince Max dressed beautifully as always walking toward the church most likely. Angela looks so lovely in a deep pink/ magenta dress. She always looks self-contained and elegant.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/63994211@N03/sets/72157685716855556/with/35307369880/ scroll to middle of the page (pic of Max & Angela is far right, middle)

I also found this delightful Q&A with Princess Angela re travel tips when visiting Panama. Angela describes Panama so lovingly:
Panama Guide | World Of Aerin

Here's an excerpt from the above Q&A with Princess Angela, in her own words:
"My favorite escape is to the AMA Estancia in the charming town of Pedasi, on the southern tip of the Azuero Peninsula. The AMA is a gorgeous secluded retreat on a private beach. The terrain is really green and unspoiled. We go for beautiful walks on the beach. My husband and son love to surf, snorkel or go fishing in the early morning. In the afternoon they either play tennis or go horseback riding in the hills. The best time to visit Panama is from December through April to escape our grumpy winters and then again July and August when the whales migrate and we can see them from our breakfast table at AMA Estancia."

From the other link to pictures of the extended Liechtenstein family with the Pope, I found additional links to public event info chiefly for Prince Max, and a couple of appearances by Princess Angela (including the earlier posted Sothebys picture in Munich). The travel tip Q&A (World of Aerin) link is from this event page:
Luxarazzi: Prince Max

And here's an article about the extended Liechtenstein family's visit to see the Pope:
Luxarazzi: Princely Family Meets the Pope

The main page linked earlier by izabel84 shows Prince Alfons greeting the Pope:
Luxarazzi: Tons of Pictures of the Liechtensteins at the Vatican

And here is the gallery of photos of the Liechtenstein family's visit to see the Pope. Scroll down to find Princess Angela shaking the Pope's hand -- her face is obscured by her hair, but it's photo #00024 on the first page of the photo gallery. Prince Max and Prince Alfons additional individual photos must be on other pages in the gallery. Yes check page 3, photos 00100, 00101, 00102, and 00103 for pictures of Prince Max, Princess Angela and Prince Alfons with the Pope:
LE LORO ALTEZZE SERENISSIME I PRINCIPI HANS-ADAM II E MARIE DEL LIECHTENSTEIN

Last edited:
They are a lovely elegant and dignified couple who go about their private lives. They have never tried to make a "cause" out of their mixed marriage, simply letting their example speak for itself. Their only child seems integrated perfectly into the life of the LRF. He is a beautiful kid who has grown soo tall!

I have always admired these two.

They are a lovely elegant and dignified couple who go about their private lives. They have never tried to make a "cause" out of their mixed marriage, simply letting their example speak for itself. Their only child seems integrated perfectly into the life of the LRF. He is a beautiful kid who has grown soo tall!

I have always admired these two.

But why would they need to make any kind of 'cause' out of their love for each other in any case. That's a strange notion. I do not think that any so-called 'interracial' couple try to make a 'cause' out of falling in love and marrying. Even the famous case of the Lovings in the American south, was simply about two young human beings falling in love and wanting to spend the rest of their lives together, and being thwarted by abusive and divisive laws.

That Prince Max and Angela Brown fell in love and were able to marry is cause enough for them to be happy and to go about the business of living their lives in private. They can certainly afford to live in privacy with the Liechtenstein family being the wealthiest of all European royals. Prince Max is said to manage his father Prince Hans Adam's 4.9 billion pounds fortune (that estimated figure is from a 2015 article in DF).

Prince Max and Princess Angela are fortunate to have at least one child, Prince Alfons (who will be 17 in May). Angela was around 40 when they married and she's 11 years older than Prince Max. She doesn't look that much older than her husband. She's quite beautiful, and they seem to be a very happy family, lucky to be able to live their lives privately out of the full-on glare of 24/7 public scrutiny. There haven't even been that many public pictures taken of Prince Alfons over the years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liechtenstein

Last edited by a moderator:
The Liechtensteins are a very low-profile princely family, and reportedly the wealthiest ancient European family...

Here's information about the tiara Princess Angela wore on her wedding day; the Kinsky Honeysuckle Tiara:
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Kinsky Honeysuckle Tiara

Princess Angela's wedding dress (designed by her) is quite simllar to the styling of the Duchess of Sussex's wedding dress by Clare Waight Keller of Givenchy[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
A delegation of the Liechtenstein Chamber of Commerce and Industry including Prince Max paid a working visit to Washington DC in mid December to "make Liechtenstein known and visible in US politics as an industrial location":

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

These two were cute in their wedding photos. Such a private family, wish we knew more!

Angela Brown was an accomplished career woman before she met her husband. She is very elegant and striking.

But she is not a "star" and has no apparent desire to be one . She and her husband and their son lead very quiet lives.

I would also love to know more about them but i greatly admire that they have not allowed their private lives to become media fodder.

Big news in their family will be when their son gets engaged, I suppose.

The Liechtenstein family has historically been quite private and under-the-radar. Plus, Prince Max is a second son, not heir to the princely title. The family line historically comes from ancient banking wealth, and received land and the princely title as a result of loyalty, skillful knowledge and discretion in all of their dealings. Liechtenstein is also a tiny principality that is not very well known, especially outside of Europe. All of this factor into the entire family being so very private. They are definitely antithetical to the princely family of Monaco in terms of notoriety and scandal. That is certainly a good thing.

Still, I was surprised that back in 2000, I hadn't heard anything about a young, successful fashion designer from New York (raised and educated there) meeting and marrying a Prince of Liechtenstein. Had Angela not been a WOC, there might have been a lot more media interest. I'm sure it suited the couple fine though not to be in any media glare, the better to continue living their lives privately in the same way they had conducted their courtship. I don't believe there are any public pictures of their son Alfons (at least not available on the web) after about age 7 to 15.

Max, Angela and Alfons are a very interesting family. As well, the extended Liechtenstein family has a fascinating history. Angela clearly is proud of and still connected to her Panama heritage. I think Angela is elegant and intriguing, probably more-so because she's so private and very little is known about her. Too much publicity or light shed on her marriage would likely bring negativity from disruptive sources. She had her own fashion design label and company, but I suppose she gave up her career when she married. I wonder what pursuits she engages in aside from charitable endeavors, supporting her husband, and helping to raise Alfons.

Last edited:
The 'business model' of Lichtenstein and Monaco are so very diffrent; Monaco lives by it's glitter and stardom; Lichtenstein is run by bankers and lives of the bank ... bankers traditionally don't do the circushorse-thing.

Yes, you are right, this is Prince Maximilian!

Thanks Eya! :flowers:

Better photo and more info emerged about the gala on November 2.

Prince Max presented a donation to BirdLife International's Honorary President Princess Hisako at the anniversary gala dinner of LGT Wealth Management Trust Co., Ltd., a Japanese subsidiary of LGT. 10,000,000 Yen will be donated over the next 5 years.

https://tokyo.birdlife.org/archives/news/21005

This almost seems out of place from what I've "seen" of the family. The Princely couple seems to rarely mingle and interact with the other reigning families so it seems odd that they would want the attention that would come if their daughter had married Felipe of Spain. Also, when you say it's no secret, was something said or done that you can enlighten us about? :flowers:
I don’t think it was about interacting with members of the reigning houses, but higher noble ranking families of the old Austro-Hungarian Empire like Esterhazy, Thurn und Taxis, Kinsky, Czernin etc because these are examples of families they have close connections to. They are mostly seen at weddings of families from German/Austro-Hungarian and Czech noble houses. The Princely family wasn’t a reigning family in its earliest days so most of their interactions and connections are to nobles (minor, high and mediatized families) not so much to the current reigning houses of Europe. The Principality is the last surviving remnant of the Holy Roman Empire

Back
Top Bottom