The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Liechtenstein

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 05:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Alois with his daughter princess Marie Caroline at a football match in Vaduz

http://meta2.fotomarktplatz.de/image/layou...-02-05-1286.jpg

Old 05-02-2004, 05:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Hans-Adam holding his last throne speech, 2004

http://meta2.fotomarktplatz.de/image/layou...-02-05-1289.jpg

http://meta2.fotomarktplatz.de/image/layou...-02-05-1292.jpg

After the referendum in 2003, Hans-Adam and Alois in parliament

http://meta2.fotomarktplatz.de/image/layou...-02-05-1293.jpg

Old 05-02-2004, 05:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

National day 2002

Hans-Adam and Marie, with Marie Caroline, behind them: Alois and Sophie

With the crowd
Old 05-02-2004, 05:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Father and son having a beer together

http://meta2.fotomarktplatz.de/image/layou...-02-05-1297.jpg
Old 05-02-2004, 05:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

After the baptism of Marie Caroline, 1996

A happy family

National day 1996

Hans-Adam and Marie, behind them: Alois, Sophie and Maximilian
Old 05-02-2004, 05:30 AM
Heir Presumptive

After the baptism of Sophie and Alois's first child, Joseph wenzel, 1995

http://meta2.fotomarktplatz.de/image/layou...-02-05-1304.jpg
Old 05-25-2004, 06:13 PM

Has anyone seen any pictures of the christening of prince alfons ?
Old 05-26-2004, 09:27 PM
Royal Highness

Not a christening photo but one from almost 2 years ago :)

photo
Old 06-09-2004, 09:57 PM
Commoner

Reveillon
Old 06-09-2004, 11:48 PM
Courtier

He is so cute. I always wondered what he looked like. I had never seen a picture until looking at the one above.
Old 06-10-2004, 12:05 AM
Royal Highness

June 6th.The Hereditary Couple along with their two eldest children attended National Fire-Brigade Day in the commune of Mauren.Their members of the Swiss Army also demonstrated procedures in the event of a catastrophy.

preparing a demonstration

A few spectators looking on

The Hereditary couple and there children

Prince Alois conversating with a soldier

The Hereditary Prince and his children (up front) look on

Hereditary Princess Sophie and son Prince Georg Antonius eagerly watch a demonstration

A helicopter rescue

Lunch for a few soldiers

Prince Alois being interviewed by Swiss tv

The Hereditary couple and their family leaving a site
Old 06-11-2004, 12:35 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally posted by megknight@Apr 23rd, 2004 - 7:19 pm
When is Hereditary Prince Alois taking over? I heard August?
Why is he giving up the throne? He isn't even 60 yet and has only been monarch for, I think, 14 years.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:28 PM
Aristocracy

I might be mistaken, but I think it is a case of "my work here is done". Now that he has won the power back to the monarchy, and achieved full UN membership, I think he has fufilled his goals and wants to move on.

I don't agree with it though...I feel like you are monarch for life. And you should leave only if you are exhausted from the job from either age, or sickness. Not because one "wants to"
Old 06-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Aristocracy

This is from his speech at the 2003 National Day, after the vote to change the consitution.

"The missions in foreign and home affairs for which I have fought, are or closed or are about to be closed successfully. New missions must be solved, with which the hereditary prince has already been kept busy with intensively. With that for me slowly has come the time to withdraw from political life. Next to that we, in the princely house, are already long of opinion that the Fürst (Prince) hands over the political powers to his heir when this one is willing to take over.

So has my grandfather renounced in favour of my father, and has my father handed over political powers to me when I had largely closed the reorganisation and the reconstruction of the Princely Finances. The Hereditary Prince and I have decided that the delegation of political powers will take place in one year at the next Staatsfeiertag (national day)."
Old 06-14-2004, 07:28 AM
Courtier

I really wish we knew a bit more about Angela and Maximillian.... who knows, there could be some fairytale-like story behind it (her meeting him in NYC but not knowing what he really is!!! :P ).

And I really like this pic a lot. They look so beautiful together!!: http://worldroots.com/brigitte/gifs6...chtenstein.jpg.

But I'm glad Maximilian and Angela stay out of the spotlight as much as possible (or maybe because the princely family control the media? who knows) so as to allow them to live a "normal" life.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:37 PM
Nobility

I remember Netty telling me that Max doesn't like the press and that Angela doesn't think that she is interesting enough to be photograph. And I think that they met in NY in 1992 or they started dating that year.
Old 06-14-2004, 09:58 PM
Royal Highness

It's interesting that she should say that.The couple was voted pretty high on a popularity poll by a German tv station a few months ago, so it seems a few people disagree (myself included). :P

In general, the family shuns the spotlight, and perhaps to the envy of a few royal houses their privacy is greatly respected.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:03 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
megknight  Posted: Jun 11th, 2004 - 1:28 pm

"my work here is done" .... he has fufilled his goals and wants to move on.
and maybe he doesn't like the hassle of ruling (peons) and putting up with non-equals. Supposedly he owns a lot of buildings in and he has a lot of wealth in Vienna which is a far more sophisticated town than a tiny provincial town that Vaduz is, and more rich/prominent people that he cares to associate with.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:21 PM
Nobility

<<It&#39;s interesting that she should say that.The couple was voted pretty high on a popularity poll by a German tv station a few months ago, so it seems a few people disagree (myself included). >>

I do too&#33; :) It seems like Angela is a very interesting and stylish lady&#33; I would be great to see more of them...
Which German TV station was it? Are you from Germany?
Old 06-14-2004, 11:20 PM
Royal Highness

Hi Beate, I&#39;m from the USA :flower:

The poll was from ARD Here&#39;s the link:

Wer ist das königliche Traumpaar?