Liechtenstein National Day 2007 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HRH Kerry

Royal Highness
City
Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner
Country
United States
It seems like it was only yesterday that we were admiring pics of the Princely Family at National Day. Hard to believe the holiday is upon us in less than 3 months! Anyone planning a trip that way? Would be nice to join in the celebrations.

Happy National Day! I'm sure there will be lots of photos of the family.

Happy National Day Liechtenstein!!!

Last edited:
Not a lot of pics on Seeger Press of National Day. I only see the Sovereign Prince and Princess, Heredity Couple and their children, and Prince Nikolaus. Fav couple Max and Angela were nowhere to found. Didn't think Tatjana would be attending just giving birth to her 5th child. Where is Constantin and Marie?

I was so looking forward to seeing more of the family.

Princess Marie looks really good.

This was a low turnout year: no Constantine and Marie, no Max and Angela and no Tatjana (expected). Perhaps Marie is pregnant? That's the only good reason I can think of why they weren't there. Max is usually there, even if Angela is not, so not sure what that's about. Also, I think last year had a big turnout because it was the 200 year anniversary. Guess we'll see Angela and Alfons in 2009 (if her coming out every 3 years is the rule)!

I thought Princess Angela attended in 2004?

bumping thread for the event on August 15.

I'm excited, I can't believe National Day is this Friday! Does anyone know if Liechtenstein has any athletes competing in the Olympics? If so, are any members of the Princely family attending the Games in Beijing?

I've moved the Olympic Games posts over to the Princely Family current events thread. :)

Hans-Adam ll., Prince of Liechtenstein, and Marie-Aglae, Princess of Liechtenstein, on the occasion of Liechtensteins National Day, in Vaduz
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Thanks for the photos, I hope there will be some more, but it seems it's very hard to have photos of this princely family.

Hereditary Princess Sophie looked really wonderful yesterday, really beeming with life exuberance. I hope her health problems have been completely left behind now and that's she's completely healthy. She's such a great lady, it's a pity we don't see the lovely Liechtenstein ladies more :flowers:

I probably haven't seen all of the photos yet, but it looks like Prince Max, Princess Angela, and Prince Alfons weren't present again this year. If so I am disappointed. It seems this Liechtenstein National Day had another low turnout like last year's.

Wow! members of the royal family look radiant! Guess that happens when you're celebrating a day of such importance. I discovered an amazing coincidence...........I never knew that Liechtenstein and my own country india share their national days( independence day for us!):flowers:

God, those Liechtenstein-children (Annunziata, the daughter of Alois a.s.o.) are some of the most beautiful children in the noble circle. Hopefully lots of noble weddings to come.....(like their cousin Marie-Christine Habsburg)

I wish it had been a sunny day, but it is still great to see the family out and about.

the Liechtenstein royals are beautiful people but some of their women dress too dowdy. Sad, that max and Angela weren't there this year.

Prince Alois at the reception on the lawns of the castle. Finally, the pronounciation of his name. Video by Volksblatt.

New collage of National Day. It has been a couple of years since Exclusiv has printed one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Liechtenstein National Day 2009

I'm looking forward to Liechtenstein National Day 2009. I know it should take place very soon because their National Day occurs in August, but I don't know the exact date. Does anyone know the date of Liechtenstein's National Day for 2009?

Also, I'm hoping Prince Max, Princess Angela, and their adorable son Prince Alfons will attend the National Day celebration this year along with Prince Alois and Princess Sophie and their lovely children.

National Day 2009

The Princely Family of Liechtenstein attends the celebrations of the
National Day in Vaduz, Liechtenstein, 15 August 2009. The National
Day in Liechtenstein was celebrated with an open-air church service
and a meet-up with the citizens of Vaduz in the garden of the castle.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

And with that red she's been in the center of attention,
although there were many cute kids of the family who
attended as well :)

Here are some more pics, especially of the children:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

** ppe gallery **

The children are very cute and well dressed.Thanks dear iceflower:flowers:

In his speech, Alois spoke of the need to check and lower Liechtenstein's public spending, by reducing expenditure on health and care for the elderly. He also announced a reform of the education system. He also stressed that, compared with most other nations, Liechtenstein is still comparatively sheltered from the real effects of the economic crisis.

His name is a very common name in Southern Germany, Austria, and Switzerland,
and it is pronounced Aaa - lo - eeze, with the stress on the A.

Back
Top Bottom