HSH Prince Franz Josef II (1906-1989) and HSH Princess Gina (1921-1989)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Prince Wenzel mysteriously died 28 Feb 1991. You can find his thread here.

I did a bit more searching: There was another Kinsky-Liechtenstein marriage in which Franziska de Paula Kinsky (1813-1881) married the Furst of Liechtenstein, Alois II (1796-1858). Alois II is Franz Josef II's grandfather.

Stefan, you can't leave us hanging with that little teaser. Details please! :)

It was about the father of the bride n ot attending the Wedding and also not her grandfather the Count of Paris. According to on article i have the Count of Paris wanted the Wedding to take place at Dreux but marie and her mother had already accepted the offer of Duke Carl to held the Wedding at Friedrichshafen.

FFII great grand-father Franz (1802-1887) was married with countess Julia Potocka.
By Julia FJII was related with Mathilde d'Udekem d'Acoz, Dss of Brabant.
Relationship

Gina was related with Mathilde too... by for example Christian IV of Denmark
Relationship

Last edited:
Mother of the late Princess Gina

I have recently bought a postcard of Countess Nora Kinsky, who was the mother of the late Princess Gina of Liechtenstein (died in about 1989). Countess Nora died in 1923, before her daughter was 2 years old. Does anyone know the cause of her death?

I have recently bought a postcard of Countess Nora Kinsky, who was the mother of the late Princess Gina of Liechtenstein (died in about 1989). Countess Nora died in 1923, before her daughter was 2 years old. Does anyone know the cause of her death?

I do not know what were the causes of death of the mother of Princess Gina. It would be interesting to know.

Prince Franz Josef II died only 26 days after his wife, Princess Gina.

Shed died short after giving birth to her second child. The child was either stillborn or died short after the birth.

Today in Royal History is the 113th birthday of Franz Joseph II, Prince of Liechtenstein.

The 60th birthday of Prince Franz Josef II

I think the Prince wore his Golden Fleece Decoration. Princess Gina wore also a Decoration.

Video of Princess Gina of Liechtenstein

Video of Prince Franz Joseph II of Liechtenstein:

Princess Gina in Africa in August 1985:

Last edited:
Last edited:
I don't know if that is true? Princess Marie was born Countess Marie Algae Kinsky von Wchinitz und Tettau and is in fact related to Georgina (and thus related to her husband Hans-Adam!) so I have serious doubts that Georgina didn't want her kin to marry Hans Adam. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a little set up to keep it all in the family, as was done in those times.

I know she worked in art and have no knowledge of her working as a governess. But I don't know. Can you provide a source? I love learning new information. :flowers:
There were rumours about her not wanting the marriage because the now late Princess Marie Aglae was much older than her husband (5 years older) and there were too many marriages between the Kinskys and the Princely family. There were and still are plenty of noble families from the German, Czech and Austria-Hungarian nobility so Hans-Adam could have married anyone, but he firmly choose Marie-Aglae. Their meeting wasn’t set up.

Back
Top Bottom