Hereditary Prince Alois and Princess Sophie Current Events 1: Ending Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

During the last days in Japan Prince Alois has given a speech at the University of the Sacred Heart (1), met with Yoshihiko Noda, Prime Minister of Japan at the premiers official residence in Tokyo (2), was received by Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko (3) and attended the opening ceremony of the "Masterworks from the Collections of the Prince of Liechtenstein" at the National Art Center in Tokyo together with Crown Prince Naruhito (4&5).

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Prince Josef Wenzel is the eldest son of the Hereditary Prince and Princess of Liechtenstein, and he is currently the second in the Line of Succession (after his father).

As for the school he's attending, I can't help you, but I think it's unlikely you will find this information, as it is a private detail concerning a 16 years old boy; I don't think it has been made public.

I've been wondering where he went to school and I am suprised that it is kept private as he is a royal and a future sovereign. I wonder if he goes to a school in Liechtenstien or a boarding school. Well, we will probably know when he graduates next year.

On another note, I think Joseph Wenzel is lucky that he is almost 18 and not an heir yet. It just seems that being an underaged heir is hard and overwhelming.

On March 22 Prince Alois has received (among others) the new ambassadors of Thailand (Chalermpol Thanchitt), Monaco (Carole Lanteri) and of Japan (Ryuhei Maeda).

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

I've been wondering where he went to school and I am suprised that it is kept private as he is a royal and a future sovereign. I wonder if he goes to a school in Liechtenstien or a boarding school. Well, we will probably know when he graduates next year.

On another note, I think Joseph Wenzel is lucky that he is almost 18 and not an heir yet. It just seems that being an underaged heir is hard and overwhelming.

He went to primary school in Liechtenstein, then to a private international secondary school across the boarder and he is now attending a boarding school abroad. I won't tell you which one and where to keep his privacy.

It was a tradition that the members of the principal family attend secondary schools in Liechtenstein. I personally think it is a bad sign towards the people that Wenzel is going to school abroad. Alois and his family behave much more superior than Hans Adams family did...

Well it cannot really be that long a tradition since Franz Joseph II was the first Prince to actually live in the principality and I would guess his children were educated in Austria or Switzerland.
Hans Adam never struck me as being especially interested in his principality since he handed over the regency pretty early on.

Well it cannot really be that long a tradition since Franz Joseph II was the first Prince to actually live in the principality and I would guess his children were educated in Austria or Switzerland.
Hans Adam never struck me as being especially interested in his principality since he handed over the regency pretty early on.

No, Franz Joseph II always wanted his children to grow up normal, he wanted to live with the people as normal as possible. He and Gina would go shopping in a local shop on a daily basis and speak to the people on the street. They sent their children to local schools, but in those days, schools in Liechtenstein were not very well and for a continuing education, he sent them abroad later.

However, Hans-Adam sent all his children to Liechtenstein schools until they finished Grammar school. In those days, there was no university in Liechtenstein, so they had to go abroad to study. But they stayed in Liechtenstein until their early 20s. Alois actually was in class with Klaus Tschütscher, the former prime minister. I went to school with Princess Diana, she was not in my class tough.

This is the first time since a prince lived here that a prince goes to secondary school abroad.

Are you genuinely asking or are you referring to the mis use of the word 'Princess'?

As fl-girl is from Liechtenstein and she talked about the family going to schools in Liechtenstein as well as Hereditary Prince Alois being in the same class as the former prime minister, I didn't think further than Liechtenstein's borders. So I assumed that she meant a Princess Diana of Liechtenstein and asked who that was.

Sorry, I was a little slow as I did not even think of the former Princess of Wales in this context.

This family certainly seems to be keeping a low profile this year.

They should put the royal family of Liechtenstein forum like other royal families of Europe.

Princess Sophie's father's first name is Max-Emmanuel. How well does Hereditary Prince Alois get along with his father-in-law, Duke Max in Bavaria?

Will Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein be the next King of Scotland? | Mail Online
29 May 2014

Will a £3bn teen be the next King of Scotland?
19-year-old heir to Charles I could rule independent nation

Could this be the next King of Scotland? Should the nation vote for independence, it is possible that its people would no longer be represented by the Queen. There might then be an option to appoint an alternative monarch.

Prince Joseph Wenzel of Liechtenstein, 19, as well as being heir to the tiny but fabulously wealthy European principality, happens to be a descendant of the Stuart monarch Charles I. The death of Queen Anne in 1714 saw the end of Stuart rule, but not the end of the family’s bloodline.

Much as Jacobites championed the rights to the throne of the surviving Stuarts in the later 1700s, some historians still highlight their rival claim to this day. First in the Jacobite line of succession is the current Duke of Bavaria, who is 80 and childless. The prince, who goes by the name Wenzel and bears the middle name Maria in honour of the Virgin Mary, is the eldest of his great-nephews.

Prince Wenzel (alma mater Malvern College) is also the first heir in the alternative line of succession to have been born in the UK in centuries. The Liechtenstein royal family is one of Europe’s richest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom