The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Princely Family of Liechtenstein

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #61  
Old 12-27-2006, 04:03 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Virgina Beach, United States
Posts: 53
New Interview with Prince Alois

I just saw this at the website for the Liechtenstein newspaper Vaterland, it is an interview with Prince Alois regarding higher education in Liechtenstein.

Click the link for the story and a small pic.


http://www.vaterland.li/page/lv/arti...l.cfm?id=21982
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 12-27-2006, 09:26 PM
HRH Kerry's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Posts: 1,626
Thanks for the article. I know that he touched on education in this past year's National Day speech, too.
__________________

__________________
Princely Family of Liechtenstein Forum
Join in on the discussions.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 01-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Virgina Beach, United States
Posts: 53
Prince Alois and New Years Reception

Just saw this in the Liechtenstein Newspaper, Vaterland, regarding the royal family of Liechtenstein and their annual new years reception.

Story link with small picture:

http://www.vaterland.li/page/lv/arti...l.cfm?id=22120
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 01-11-2007, 01:59 AM
Tara20052's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Las Vegas, United States
Posts: 122
It's nice to see pictures of Prince Alois and his family.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 01-15-2007, 10:35 AM
maidmarion's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: personal, Canada
Posts: 93
A question on Princess Sophie.

I was wondering if anyone knew if Princess Sophie works at the moment? Not that she needs too but just for her own personal satisfaction. I would imagine her having some royal duties that accompany her position and title but would she work with the family at the bank? I did read on other posts on this sight that she studied Interior Design. I know they are an extremely private family which I find refreshing but any info would be nice?

Thanks so much,
MM
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 01-15-2007, 09:29 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Virgina Beach, United States
Posts: 53
Prince Alois in Dubai

Just found this story and there is a picture of Prince Alois and his father, Prince Hans Adam II in Dubai and a story about the visit:

http://www.ameinfo.com/107775.html
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 01-15-2007, 09:32 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Virgina Beach, United States
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by maidmarion
I was wondering if anyone knew if Princess Sophie works at the moment? Not that she needs too but just for her own personal satisfaction. I would imagine her having some royal duties that accompany her position and title but would she work with the family at the bank? I did read on other posts on this sight that she studied Interior Design. I know they are an extremely private family which I find refreshing but any info would be nice?

Thanks so much,
MM
I think Princess Sophie supports the family in Liechtenstein and doesnt actually have a job besides royal duties. Sophie does have a charity she started and is patron of. The website of the charity is www.schwanger.li
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 01-16-2007, 08:48 AM
maidmarion's Avatar
Gentry
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: personal, Canada
Posts: 93
Thanks zanychick3000. I thought this might be the case for Princess Sophie as well as for Princess Angela.
Cheers,
MM
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 01-16-2007, 08:56 AM
HRH Kerry's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Posts: 1,626
Sophie's charity is definitely a good cause. Some women (and teenage girls) feel they don't have proper support when "stuck" in their situations. Good info.
__________________
Princely Family of Liechtenstein Forum
Join in on the discussions.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 01-21-2007, 06:45 PM
HRH Kerry's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Posts: 1,626
Some time ago we were discussing the fact that HRH Sophie married HSH Alois and the question of marrying below her was mentioned. I would like to know why does it matter anyway since no monarchy exist in Germany? Now that she married Alois her status has really been elevated. Somebody help me out here please.
__________________
Princely Family of Liechtenstein Forum
Join in on the discussions.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 01-21-2007, 07:12 PM
Oppie's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 537
I'm not sure what context it was discussed in, but Sophie was an HRH and her husband is a HSH, so the context might have been in the way that women take there husband style and title unless they have a higher one themselves, it is the same case with HRH Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein (nee Princess of Luxembourg). THe opposite would be HSH Princess Caroline of Monaco who married up to an HRH Princess of Hanover.
__________________
Like a pirate map, but way cooler.

Map for the British Royals
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 01-21-2007, 07:39 PM
HRH Kerry's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Posts: 1,626
I understand that Princess Margaretha is styled HRH; she was born that to parents of a ruling house. The monarchy still exist in her country. However, what I'm not understanding is how Sophie is HRH. Germany does not recognize royalty. Right? So the same can be said for Ernst August. So they are just "pretenders".
__________________
Princely Family of Liechtenstein Forum
Join in on the discussions.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 01-22-2007, 11:44 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Virgina Beach, United States
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry
I understand that Princess Margaretha is styled HRH; she was born that to parents of a ruling house. The monarchy still exist in her country. However, what I'm not understanding is how Sophie is HRH. Germany does not recognize royalty. Right? So the same can be said for Ernst August. So they are just "pretenders".
Titles are used socially in Germany, it is a courtsey to be called HRH this prince or that princess. Also in Germany, the title is part of the surname. So Sophie would be Sophie Von Bayern in Germany. Since technically Sophie was born a HRH, she outranks her husband, since he is a HSH. I think Sophie is known as HSH the Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein. But I dont call having a husband from a family that is worth $6 billion, a step down!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 01-23-2007, 05:58 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,403
Ranking on style alone can be misleading. Although Sophie is an HRH and her husband a mere HSH, he outranked her even before they married because he was (is) an Hereditary Prince, and of a reigning house; just as he would outrank an ordinary HI&RH Archduke of Austria. Similarly, Prince Hans Adam, a Reigning Prince, outranks Prince Ernst August, the Head of the Royal House of Hanover.

Princess May of Teck was looked down upon by both the Germans (because the Tecks were a morganatic branch), and by her British royal cousins (because she was only a Serene Highness). She did, however, have the last laugh in 1910 when as Queen Mary she became a Queen Empress, and with a few exceptions outranked them all.

Organising ranking and precedence within a gathering of members of reigning and non-reigning Imperial, Royal, Princely and Mediatised Houses must be a nightmare for the host of a function. Prior to the First World War most Courts, big and small, had their resident experts who would work through the intricacies to ensure everyone was in their rightful place, and to keep to a minimum the inevitable number of noses out of joint.

Within the Gotha [the Noble caste] these days the distinction between reigning and non-reigning at private events may not be an issue; the ranking is more likely to be based on the order as it was prior to 1918.

Getting back to Sophie, which is where we started (thanks Kerry ), the policy of the German government or German law is irrelevant. Those who acknowledge her as a Royal Highness and Princess of/Duchess in Bavaria will do so irrespective of whether the State recognises such distinctions or not.
__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 01-23-2007, 09:32 AM
magnik's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Warsaw, Poland
Posts: 3,681
Any news about this family?

Is there nothing happen in Liechtenstein?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 01-23-2007, 12:27 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Virgina Beach, United States
Posts: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik
Any news about this family?

Is there nothing happen in Liechtenstein?
Magnik, try the 2 Liechtenstein newspapers for information related to the family. From time to time you can find pictures and stories, however the stories are in German.

http://www.volksblatt.li

http://www.vaterland.li
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 01-23-2007, 01:10 PM
HRH Kerry's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Posts: 1,626
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Ranking on style alone can be misleading. Although Sophie is an HRH and her husband a mere HSH, he outranked her even before they married because he was (is) an Hereditary Prince, and of a reigning house; just as he would outrank an ordinary HI&RH Archduke of Austria. Similarly, Prince Hans Adam, a Reigning Prince, outranks Prince Ernst August, the Head of the Royal House of Hanover.

Princess May of Teck was looked down upon by both the Germans (because the Tecks were a morganatic branch), and by her British royal cousins (because she was only a Serene Highness). She did, however, have the last laugh in 1910 when as Queen Mary she became a Queen Empress, and with a few exceptions outranked them all.

Organising ranking and precedence within a gathering of members of reigning and non-reigning Imperial, Royal, Princely and Mediatised Houses must be a nightmare for the host of a function. Prior to the First World War most Courts, big and small, had their resident experts who would work through the intricacies to ensure everyone was in their rightful place, and to keep to a minimum the inevitable number of noses out of joint.

Within the Gotha [the Noble caste] these days the distinction between reigning and non-reigning at private events may not be an issue; the ranking is more likely to be based on the order as it was prior to 1918.

Getting back to Sophie, which is where we started (thanks Kerry ), the policy of the German government or German law is irrelevant. Those who acknowledge her as a Royal Highness and Princess of/Duchess in Bavaria will do so irrespective of whether the State recognises such distinctions or not.
Thanks. So its pretending to the world outside of royalty and to those who just don't really have an interest. Well...its really pretending all together.

Hmm. So how would it work with Hans Adams and King Constatine? Who would preceed who?
__________________
Princely Family of Liechtenstein Forum
Join in on the discussions.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 01-24-2007, 03:05 AM
Warren's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 15,403
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry
Thanks. So its pretending to the world outside of royalty and to those who just don't really have an interest. Well...its really pretending all together.

Hmm. So how would it work with Hans Adams and King Constatine? Who would preceed who?
Depends on what you mean by "pretending". She is a Wittelsbach and a member of the Royal House of Bavaria. That makes her a Princess and a Royal Highness for those who are interested. For those not interested, it doesn't really matter.

Hans Adam is a Reigning Monarch and Head of State and therefore outranks formerly-reigning monarchs, eg King Constantine and Grand Duke Jean of Luxembourg.
__________________
Seeking information? Check out the extensive Royal A-Z
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 01-24-2007, 02:10 PM
HRH Kerry's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Posts: 1,626
Once royal, always royal. I guess it is kind of hard to ignore your bloodlines if you descended from kings or queens. It is a way of life that we can only imagine (and discuss courtesy of TRF )!

Thanks Warren.
__________________
Princely Family of Liechtenstein Forum
Join in on the discussions.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 01-27-2007, 06:00 PM
HRH Kerry's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Posts: 1,626
I found this while surfing the net. Wanted to put it in the Royal Library forum but wasn't sure where to post it.

Zeitschrift - Exclusiv

It might be kind of old but it's not like we get a lot on the Liechtenstein Royals.
__________________

__________________
Princely Family of Liechtenstein Forum
Join in on the discussions.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Alexandra (1968-), dau of Prince Michael purple_platinum The Royal Family of Greece 50 06-05-2014 01:01 PM
Queen Margrethe & Henri de Laborde de Monpezat: 10 June 1967 Alexandria Royal Weddings 64 05-18-2014 12:42 AM
HSH Prince Alois von Liechtenstein & HRH Duchess Sophie in Bavaria: 3 July 1993 Mandy Royal Weddings 22 04-16-2014 01:37 PM
Princess Benedikte & Prince Richard zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg: 1968 SpiffyBallerina Royal Weddings 15 02-20-2013 10:24 AM
Herditary Prince Ferdinand and Hereditary Princess Caroline norwegianne Danish Royal History 1 09-16-2006 12:43 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge dutch royal history fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg nobility olympic games olympics ottoman picture of the month poland pom president hollande president komorowski prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess anita princess astrid princess beatrix princess charlene princess laurentien princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess marilene princess mary princess mary fashion princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit sweden visit wedding winter olympics 2014



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:29 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]