Hereditary Prince Alois and Princess Sophie Current Events 1: Ending Aug 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday to Prince Alois!!!

Happy Birthday Prince Alois
Have a nice birthday in Thailand

Happy B-day to Prince Alios! Maybe they'll invite the press. LOL!!!!!:D

Here you can find pictures of the World Consular Gala, that was on May 31st, which featured HSH Prince Alois of Liechtenstein as the speaker.
http://www.printroom.com/ViewGallery.asp?shopperid=G3C87H8W0VCS9KVE5CALPMXFUTMT7MA9&userid=gradientmedia&gallery_id=399225

And short article on the same day of May 31st of Prince Alois of Liechtenstein. I do wish this family was highlighted more, it seems that they are out doing royal engagements and they arent really reported on.
http://hoover.org/pubaffairs/whatsnew/052006/liecht.html

Last edited by a moderator:
Zanychick3000,
Thanks for the pics and brief article. I forgot to follow-up on this.:eek:

Undated picture of Liechtenstein's Prince Castle in Vaduz that is undergoing complete renovation. Ruling Prince Alois von und zu Liechtensteine can see almost his entire realm from the castle, from mountain ridge to mountain ridge, encompassing a fast flowing river and eagle eye views of the capital far below. It sounds like make believe, but it's no fairy tale kingdom that Prince Alois rules.

Undated photo shows Prince Alois of Liechtenstein.

(photos by Polfoto/AP Photo/Tomasz Surdel)

Happy b-day Alois. He's so good looking. The same can be told about his brother Max.

Wedding Anniversary

Is not today the 13th wedding anniversary of HSH Prince Alois and HSH Princess Sophie? I wish we could see pics or something, but maybe we will pics soon because the 200 anniversary of Liechtenstein is on July 12th is it not?

I believe you're right about the 200th anniversary. It would be nice to something new on the princely family besides waiting until National Day.

If I good remember few years ago I've read somewhere that Sophie was ill or smth? If yes than what was it?

Last edited:
magnik said:
What happen to Sophie few years ago? She was ill or smth?
I remember reading on another message board that Sophie had a benign brain tumor.

zanychick3000 said:
I remember reading on another message board that Sophie had a benign brain tumor.

Thank you zanychick3000.

Good that everything is all right now with her.

Last edited:
State visits

I have searched the forum and it seems that the hereditary couple does not seem to invite other heads of state for an official visit or attend state visits themselves? Am I correct? And if yes, does anyone know why?

Marie-Caroline, There are pictures of the hereditary couple at Seegars and Gettys meeting various politicians at Vaduz Castle. I think that this family is very private that is why we do not see many pictures. Have you tried reading the 2 newspapers that are based in Liechtenstein? Normally they will carry stories about events relating to the princely family.

Prince Alois Visits Berlin

Here is an article I found while surfing the net and here is a picture of Prince Alois at the opening of a museum in Germany.

Both the picture and the article is from the Liechtenstein newspaper, Voksblatt.

princealois.jpg

http://www.volksblatt.li/?id=1&region=li

Last edited:
zanychick3000, thanks for the link. I only wish that I could speak and read german.;)

Hey, I'm just down the street from you in Norfolk. :)

Glad to see another Virginian, well I am a part time Virginian. I am actually from and live in NC full time, but during the summer I am at Virginia Beach. If you cut and paste the story into a translator, such as www.freetranslation.com. You can roughly get the story translated and read what is going on. I hope that helps.

Thanks Zanychick3000 but I couldn't find the story. I did find another article though about a clinic I believe.

Oh, and thanks for the previous tidbit about the translator.:flowers:

Prince Alois and Princess Sophie in Schellenberg

I was just on the website for Volksblatt, a newspaper in Liechtenstein, and just saw these pics of Prince Alois and Princess Sophie:

pic3.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic1.jpg

Here is another link to another photo and small story of the meeting in Meersburg:

http://login.gmgnet.li/gmgms/infomanagementv2/medienarchiv/2006/pics/www/2848_06_11_2006_81_meersburg.jpg

fanletizia said:
Prince Alois of Liechtenstein and his wife Sophie of Liechtenstein pose for a group photograph during an informal meet of heads of state of German-speaking countries in Meersburg am Bodensee 06 November 2006

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/search/FrameSet.aspx?s=ImagesSearchState%7c0%7c0%7c-1%7c28%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c1%7c11%2f7%2f2006%7c11%2f5%2f2006%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c7%7c%7cPrince%7c2233391784121335%7c0%7c0%7c0%7c0&p=7&tag=2

Thanks for the pics but I live to see Princess Sophie in better clothes!

Did anyone get to attend his speech at Princeton? I can't remember the date but I think it was sometime this year? He talked about economics.

It's good to see them again. So few photos of the couple during these years.

Question:
how are Sophie's relationships with her Liechtenstein in-laws - parents, brothers and sister?

magnik said:
Question:
how are Sophie's relationships with her Liechtenstein in-laws - parents, brothers and sister?

Just what I gather from pictures, Sophie and her mother-in-law are rather close. Also, there's a couple of pic of Princesses Sophie, Nora, and Angela at some kind of skiing event and they all look rather chummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom