Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah (and Queen Saleha) Current Events 1: July 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mandy

Majesty
Country
United States
BruneiArms.jpg

Brunei Arms

Welcome to Part 1 of the Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah & Queen Saleha thread where you may post recent news, pictures, comments and articles. Please remember to follow the Attachment and Copyright Rules. Happy posting!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bruneian Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah greets while Queen Saleha looks on during a ceremony celebrating his 59 birthday at his palace in Bandar Seri Begawan.
thanks to Getty.

Attachments

• 53240105.jpg
    53240105.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 4,001
  • 53240121.jpg
    53240121.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 1,016
He took another wife, yesterday, 20th of August, in Kuala Lumpur, The bride is former newscaster, age 23, close circuit ceremony.

I kew this lat month, when my designer were given task to do the job for the wedding...... heeeem

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    119.2 KB · Views: 1,151
  • untitledaz.bmp
    119.2 KB · Views: 749
BOLK said:
He took another wife, yesterday, 20th of August, in Kuala Lumpur, The bride is former newscaster, age 23, close circuit ceremony.

I kew this lat month, when my designer were given task to do the job for the wedding...... heeeem

I tried to post a link to the news article, it would not go through, sorry.

BOLK said:

you're kidding!
I had no idea.
any idea how they met?

oh so she's 26? well I guess thats not as bad as 23.
Still, you've gotta wonder what a woman like her, of her age, expects from such a relationship.
I wont make any assumptions though.
Im so disappointed in the Sultan, not so much for himself but for his wife and Queen.

Emm according to my designer, who was asked to make her suits, he received more than 120 pairs of material to do, the most significant is the one with diamond stud, the smallest/least od diamond is around USD1000, can U imagine how much diamonds required to cover the suits????? all this requested by Sultan himself, i was told.

BOLK said:
Emm according to my designer, who was asked to make her suits, he received more than 120 pairs of material to do, the most significant is the one with diamond stud, the smallest/least od diamond is around USD1000, can U imagine how much diamonds required to cover the suits????? all this requested by Sultan himself, i was told.

yes that does sound remarkable.
I have noticed that there is nothing so far about the wedding on Infofoto.
Is the Bruneian media not covering the story?

I don't think so, as in Malaysia, "Berita Minggu" is the only paper that came out with the story, it's not official, but via someone attended the solemnisation ceremony, and I think this is much of truth otherwise, they will not publish that.

~*~Humera~*~ said:
yes that does sound remarkable.
I have noticed that there is nothing so far about the wedding on Infofoto.
Is the Bruneian media not covering the story?

they did not know of this. that is why.

really? I understand not publicizing the event but why is the sultan acting like he wants to hide it.

It seems like that, why????? is she gonna follow what Mariam did? officiate ceremony, walking side by side 9 or slightly behind Q.Saleha, seat next to queen at the trhone ..... or will she just be a wife quitely.

maybe she wont be a public wife like hjh Mariam like jennyfer said.

I think it is exciting that Sultan has married, until recently he had another wife, as do many of his brothers. The new wife is used to being in public, she was a tv newscaster and I expect her to do well if she takes on a public role. Perhaps they will expand the family with more children. The family home is certainly large enough to accomodate everyone.
I am truly pleased for them all!

Humera, I will be loooking for you to post the first pics when the newlyweds return from their honeymoon. ;)

Last edited:
do you mean his brothers had more than one wife?
Prince Muhammad, Prince Sufri, and i think Prince Jefri all have one wife.
And I think for the sultan, at his age, to marry another woman just to satisfy his own desire is disrespectful and selfish.

btw Saba, I'm not sure if there will be any pics. At least not right away. If the wedding has been such a hushed affair then I wonder if we'll see his new wife that much in the public eye

Attachments

• brunei.jpg
    brunei.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 8,179
~*~Humera~*~ said:
do you mean his brothers had more than one wife?
Prince Muhammad, Prince Sufri, and i think Prince Jefri all have one wife.
And I think for the sultan, at his age, to marry another woman just to satisfy his own desire is disrespectful and selfish.

btw Saba, I'm not sure if there will be any pics. At least not right away. If the wedding has been such a hushed affair then I wonder if we'll see his new wife that much in the public eye

Humera, my information may be old, I can find 4 marriages for Prince Sufri and only 1 divorce. Prince Jefri 4 marriages, I can not find any divorces and Prince Mohammed always one only wife. I'll check further.

Thanks for the pic, she has a pleasing smile, I sure hope we see a lot of her. The Sultan is young at heart or so it seems, he always promoting keeping a healthy body ;)

Last edited:
Hehehe what a surprise! A lot of other Bruneians are actually uneasy about the news... and some just don't want to mind. But mostly we just hope it won't affect his administration of our country!

Ohh, Humera, I think Jefri has more than one wife. I'm not sure but my mum was in the same flight with his filipino wife once. I leave some other knowledgeable members to answer that.

Yes Prince Jefri is the only one I wasnt sure of. Prince Muhammad ofcourse has one wife. And I've been told that Prince Sufri has had a lot of divorces. But he has been married to Datin Faizah for several years.
Still, having had many divorces isnt the same as polygamy.
The former is understandable, the latter I dont approve of and never will.

Saba said:
Humera, my information may be old, I can find 4 marriages for Prince Sufri and only 2 divorces. Prince Jefri 4 marriages, I can not find any divorces and Prince Mohammed always one only wife. I'll check further.

Thanks for the pic, she has a pleasing smile, I sure hope we see a lot of her. The Sultan is young at heart or so it seems, he always promoting keeping a healthy body ;)

Prince Muhammad is married to Princess Zariah (who, if I remember correctly, is also the sister of Queen Saleha)
Princess Zariah almost always accompanies her husband on foreign trips, they're on one now actually. And if I recall correctly, a long time ago one of our bruneian members mentioned that Prince Muhammad loves his wife very much.

Dang Ayah said:
Hehehe what a surprise! A lot of other Bruneians are actually uneasy about the news... and some just don't want to mind. But mostly we just hope it won't affect his administration of our country!

Ohh, Humera, I think Jefri has more than one wife. I'm not sure but my mum was in the same flight with his filipino wife once. I leave some other knowledgeable members to answer that.
Hi Dang Ayah .... I've been waiting for you to post, now you know what I'm talking in previous thred right ???? actually at that time, I dare not mentioned that it's Sultan who wants to marry cos nothing official, and he's the king ....... totally not proper, but leave that alone.....
..... what me and Humera concerns is the Queen, how is she taking this ???

Yes, as soon as the news reached my ears I remembered about your question before!
Now, it isn't a wonder why the Sultan has somewhat of a difference in his smile lately when I see him in the news. HAH!

I know this is not the right thread but I just wanna tell u guys that Princess Sarah is according to a source in her school looking a bit chubbier now. Hehe, and I read in a message she posted to a mutual friend that she "still want food!"... I'm not implying anything here... just wanna share that she loves food so much now! LOL

What brought that about?

BOLK said:

so will the sultan's second wife be called a princess?
btw...are men allowed to marry more than one woman in Brunei? or is it just the Sultan?

Men are allowed to marry four...the thing is it is only during specific circumstances such as as in war time when there are more widows and children. and I do NOT see the sultan's reason for marrying a TWICE younger (and more) girl except to satisfy his pleasure......

Of course, he is not the only and not first one who did it BUT......:rolleyes:

This is when money prevails over ethics...:cool:

Last edited:
Do you know what is the relationship between the sultan and the queen? I guess it is pretty hard for her right now. I never thought that he would get a new wife after the divorce.

Citizen2005 said:
Men are allowed to marry four...the thing is it is only during specific circumstances such as as in war time when there are more widows and children. and I do NOT see the sultan's reason for marrying a TWICE younger (and more) girl except to satisfy his pleasure......

Of course, he is not the only and not first one who did it BUT......:rolleyes:

This is when money prevails over ethics...:cool:

for once I agree completely

btw...the article I posted mentioned that the wedding was attended by close family.
Im assuming that refers to family of the bride. I doubt many people from the sultan's side attended. Or did they?

found old picture of his new wife

Attachments

• nadzsolo.jpg
    nadzsolo.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 925
Back
Top Bottom