The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-07-2006, 06:23 AM
Aristocracy

someone from RF who is a brunei citizen said that it was originally Queen`s family who owned the country. she said that she learned from the text book of brunei history at school. :)

Old 06-07-2006, 07:00 AM
Commoner

Of course the history text book got tell you how many Sultan. We have to learn all about the history in Brunei. We have to learn by hard all the Sultan's name.

Old 06-07-2006, 10:01 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by julial
someone from RF who is a brunei citizen said that it was originally Queen`s family who owned the country. she said that she learned from the text book of brunei history at school. :)
Queen Saleha's father never was Sultan :p Someone's got their facts mixed up.

I believe it was our Sultan's uncle - Ahmad Tajuddin - who was the Sultan without any sons. He only had daughters (Princess Nor Ehsani, who is the little old lady wearing glasses often accompaying Raja Isteri Saleha, and the lady royals at functions). Princess Nor Ehsani would have been the Ruler, if law allowed women to rule. Since not, the throne went to Begawan (our Sultan's late father). And then from Begawan to Hassanal Bolkiah, our current Sultan.
Old 06-07-2006, 04:16 PM
Aristocracy

I read somewhere that the Queen and the Sultan are related e.g. distant cousins. Can anyone confirm?
Old 06-07-2006, 05:04 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by altagrace
I read somewhere that the Queen and the Sultan are related e.g. distant cousins. Can anyone confirm?
Yes. They are first cousins. The Sultan's late mother and the Queen's late father were siblings if I remember correctly.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:46 AM
Commoner

Does anyone know why the rest of 3 youngest sisters of Sultan never joint the function ? Their names are 1. Amal Nasibah, 2. Amal Jefriah and the other I forgot her name. Only P. Masnah, P. Noraini and P Amal Umi Kalsum who are attended the function even with Sultan or Q. Saleha. Why the rest of 3. Please explain to me ?
Old 06-22-2006, 03:36 PM
Courtier

http://pdf.lahamag.com/pages/06-2006/300People03.pdf

It was too good to be true...
Old 06-22-2006, 10:51 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zina
Queen Saleha's father never was Sultan :p Someone's got their facts mixed up.

I believe it was our Sultan's uncle - Ahmad Tajuddin - who was the Sultan without any sons. He only had daughters (Princess Nor Ehsani, who is the little old lady wearing glasses often accompaying Raja Isteri Saleha, and the lady royals at functions). Princess Nor Ehsani would have been the Ruler, if law allowed women to rule. Since not, the throne went to Begawan (our Sultan's late father). And then from Begawan to Hassanal Bolkiah, our current Sultan.
I know the late Sultan Ahmad Tajuddin wife and Princess Nor Ehsani's mother very well. She was a princess from Selangor Malaysia and she died in 1993 due of kidney cancer at the edge of 82years and was buried at the royal Selangor Mausoleum in Klang/Selangor/Malaysia. She was the favourite aunt of the late Sultan Selangor Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah and very well liked and loved by her family in Malaysia. But I guess the Bruneian never really get to know her that well especially the current generation.
Old 06-23-2006, 07:58 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoiltbrat99
I know the late Sultan Ahmad Tajuddin wife and Princess Nor Ehsani's mother very well. She was a princess from Selangor Malaysia and she died in 1993 due of kidney cancer at the edge of 82years and was buried at the royal Selangor Mausoleum in Klang/Selangor/Malaysia. She was the favourite aunt of the late Sultan Selangor Sultan Salahuddin Abdul Aziz Shah and very well liked and loved by her family in Malaysia. But I guess the Bruneian never really get to know her that well especially the current generation.
If I'm not mistaken the late Sultan Ahmad Tajuddin also had 3 other daughters from a different wife (Bruneian but was not made official wife). There are also called princesses but are not in the lime light like Princess Nor Ehsani (I guess maybe because they are not 'gehara' meaning their mom was not from a royal blood or was not the Queen, or something like that).
It's interesting to know the royal family history. Since Brunei is so small, no wonder everyone is almost always related to one of the royals...:)
Old 07-11-2006, 04:12 AM
Commoner

Alfie, do you know Azrinas lives, the question is she stays in the same palace with the Queen or different ? I heard there was "Selamatan 40 hari" for Azrinas in Nurul Iman palace, it was true ?
Old 07-11-2006, 05:06 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samirah Abdullah
Alfie, do you know Azrinas lives, the question is she stays in the same palace with the Queen or different ? I heard there was "Selamatan 40 hari" for Azrinas in Nurul Iman palace, it was true ?
Yes! she lives in Istana Nurul Iman. The same palace as the Queen. Different floors. The palace is huge, so they are unlikely to bump into each other everyday.
Yes! "40 days" was held yesterday afternoon at Istana Nurul Iman.

The biggest event is coming up this saturday 15th July 2006. The Sultan's 60th birthday.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:37 AM
Commoner

Ya... Allah I feel sorry a 1000 X to my dearest Queen Saleha how HM puts her in the same palace even the palace is very huge !!! When Mariam still His wife, she stays in different palace/Nurul Izza. Alfie did you see at Princess Radiah wed the body language between Queen and HM and now I known much why the Queen no talk to Him in the public again. We can see QS and HM in Thailand last month no smile or talk both of Them. HM daughter Princess Mutawakila more older then Azrinas can you imagine how QS feels as a mother !!!!! I thought after He divorces Mariam it's finish/final e...e...e... looking for more younger from His daughters from QS.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:48 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samirah Abdullah
Ya... Allah I feel sorry a 1000 X to my dearest Queen Saleha how HM puts her in the same palace even the palace is very huge !!! When Mariam still His wife, she stays in different palace/Nurul Izza. Alfie did you see at Princess Radiah wed the body language between Queen and HM and now I known much why the Queen no talk to Him in the public again. We can see QS and HM in Thailand last month no smile or talk both of Them. HM daughter Princess Mutawakila more older then Azrinas can you imagine how QS feels as a mother !!!!! I thought after He divorces Mariam it's finish/final e...e...e... looking for more younger from His daughters from QS.
Well, I guess we shouldn't assume what's happening between the King and Queen. I believe the Queen has more dignity than what we thought. She is born as a though Queen, so I believe she handles it well. We shouldn't speculate this and that when they "didn't talk to each other" (which I don't know how true that is).
Old 07-22-2006, 09:48 PM
Commoner

Legal battle for the Sultan of Brunei & 3 Aussie investors

I thought you might be interested to read this article about the Sultan of Brunei being taken to court over a payment he did not make for a small 400 year old of koran present for his new wife.

"The sultan, his bride, the $10m relic and an unholy legal battle"

July 23, 2006

THREE Sydney investors have launched legal action against one of the world's richest men, Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah of Brunei, claiming he refused to pay for a wedding present for his second bride.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...166632186.html
Old 07-23-2006, 02:22 AM
Administrator in Memoriam

This story doesn't gel. Allegedly three businessmen had discussions with the office of the Sultan about the Sultan buying an artefact worth "A$10 million" (It was A$8 million in another paper). Negotiations did not proceed, and the businessmen are claiming they intend to sue. Sue over what? There is no mention of a signed contract, so there is no legal obligation.

The story gets fishier with the involvement of a "KGB colonel" and "cloak and dagger meetings", and now the businessmen reportedly say they "might" give the artefact to a local Sydney mosque, or give it to the Sultan anyway.
Old 07-26-2006, 08:11 PM
Super Moderator

Here's an official statement:

PM's Office denies purchase of antique Quran
The Prime Minister's Office yesterday issued a statement to clarify recent reports published in several foreign newspapers on an alleged agreement for the purchase of an antique miniature Quran involving His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam.
Borneo Bulletin
Old 08-24-2006, 05:49 AM

Question

Hello,
What is the name of His MAjesty's mother? how come it is not printed in His majesty's biography?
Old 09-29-2006, 06:08 PM

Brunei Abode Of Peace And Kind!

Just dropping by just to say that most of the locals in Brunei has a lot of misconception about His Majesty, HM is a good man, generous really generous! During Ramadhan HM will give Saudi Arabian dates to his people for FREE! What the people want from HM he will give it for FREE. And I checked some website that HM is still the WORLD'S richest man but HM wanted to keep a LOW profile....whatnot GOD BLEES you Majesty...Amin...
Old 10-01-2006, 01:52 AM
Aristocracy

I don't really know about The Sultan but I like the way He keep in touch with His people like He did on Ramadhan and Hari Raya. In some countries, it's hard for the people to see their King or Queen, but Bruneian Royals made it possible.
Old 11-23-2006, 06:57 AM
Courtier

I found many pictures of the plain of the Sultan and I like to share it you.
http://www.fosta.net/photos22/wallpaper/index.html

I havn't the right words to describe it.

It was too good to be true...