The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Other Reigning Houses > Royal Family of Brunei

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-21-2005, 04:53 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Brunei, Malaysia & Dubai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saba
Humera, my information may be old, I can find 4 marriages for Prince Sufri and only 2 divorces. Prince Jefri 4 marriages, I can not find any divorces and Prince Mohammed always one only wife. I'll check further.

Thanks for the pic, she has a pleasing smile, I sure hope we see a lot of her. The Sultan is young at heart or so it seems, he always promoting keeping a healthy body
Prince Muhammad is married to Princess Zariah (who, if I remember correctly, is also the sister of Queen Saleha)
Princess Zariah almost always accompanies her husband on foreign trips, they're on one now actually. And if I recall correctly, a long time ago one of our bruneian members mentioned that Prince Muhammad loves his wife very much.

Old 08-21-2005, 06:32 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dang Ayah
Hehehe what a surprise! A lot of other Bruneians are actually uneasy about the news... and some just don't want to mind. But mostly we just hope it won't affect his administration of our country!

Ohh, Humera, I think Jefri has more than one wife. I'm not sure but my mum was in the same flight with his filipino wife once. I leave some other knowledgeable members to answer that.
Hi Dang Ayah .... I've been waiting for you to post, now you know what I'm talking in previous thred right ???? actually at that time, I dare not mentioned that it's Sultan who wants to marry cos nothing official, and he's the king ....... totally not proper, but leave that alone.....
..... what me and Humera concerns is the Queen, how is she taking this ???

Old 08-21-2005, 09:38 AM
Gentry

Yes, as soon as the news reached my ears I remembered about your question before!
Now, it isn't a wonder why the Sultan has somewhat of a difference in his smile lately when I see him in the news. HAH!

I know this is not the right thread but I just wanna tell u guys that Princess Sarah is according to a source in her school looking a bit chubbier now. Hehe, and I read in a message she posted to a mutual friend that she "still want food!"... I'm not implying anything here... just wanna share that she loves food so much now! LOL
Old 08-21-2005, 03:01 PM
Nobility

What brought that about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOLK
He took another wife, yesterday, 20th of August, in Kuala Lumpur, The bride is former newscaster, age 23, close circuit ceremony.

I kew this lat month, when my designer were given task to do the job for the wedding...... heeeem
Old 08-21-2005, 05:35 PM
Courtier

so will the sultan's second wife be called a princess?
btw...are men allowed to marry more than one woman in Brunei? or is it just the Sultan?
Old 08-21-2005, 06:44 PM
Gentry

Men are allowed to marry four...the thing is it is only during specific circumstances such as as in war time when there are more widows and children. and I do NOT see the sultan's reason for marrying a TWICE younger (and more) girl except to satisfy his pleasure......

Of course, he is not the only and not first one who did it BUT......

This is when money prevails over ethics...
Old 08-21-2005, 07:29 PM
Aristocracy

Do you know what is the relationship between the sultan and the queen? I guess it is pretty hard for her right now. I never thought that he would get a new wife after the divorce.
Old 08-21-2005, 09:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen2005
Men are allowed to marry four...the thing is it is only during specific circumstances such as as in war time when there are more widows and children. and I do NOT see the sultan's reason for marrying a TWICE younger (and more) girl except to satisfy his pleasure......

for once I agree completely
Old 08-21-2005, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator

btw...the article I posted mentioned that the wedding was attended by close family.
Im assuming that refers to family of the bride. I doubt many people from the sultan's side attended. Or did they?
Old 08-21-2005, 09:58 PM
Commoner

found old picture of his new wife
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	nadzsolo.jpg
Views:	317
Size:	26.8 KB
ID:	183529  
Old 08-21-2005, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator

pics from ANP
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2647956.jpg
Views:	3992
Size:	34.6 KB
ID:	183530   Click image for larger version

Name:	2649720.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	183531  
Old 08-21-2005, 10:16 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citizen2005

Exactly! It's very unfortunate that the one who suffers is his own family.You would think that would make a difference?!:(
Old 08-21-2005, 10:30 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOLK
Hi Dang Ayah .... I've been waiting for you to post, now you know what I'm talking in previous thred right ???? actually at that time, I dare not mentioned that it's Sultan who wants to marry cos nothing official, and he's the king ....... totally not proper, but leave that alone.....
..... what me and Humera concerns is the Queen, how is she taking this ???
So he actually carried on with the marriage. I too knew of this marriage but it was a very critical topic at the royal household that nobody was allowed to talk about it i.e. ppl working at Istana Nurul Iman.
Well the Queen of course was not happy about it. This has happened twice now. But she has been coping well with the help of her children & family. What I've heard that they are trying to come to an agreement is that the 2nd wife will play an unofficial role as 2nd wife. They do not want to repeat the same mistake as the ex-2nd wife. We will see if this agreement will work out.
Btw I guess I can tell you all now that the marriage of the Sultan has came out that the expected marriage of Princesss Majeedah & Prince Qawi is not going to be held now. He was seen out with a few women in public..The rest I'll leave it to you all to figure out.
Old 08-21-2005, 10:36 PM
Super Moderator

do you mean alfie that when Princess Mariam had an official role as second wife people werent happy about it?
Old 08-22-2005, 02:48 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
do you mean alfie that when Princess Mariam had an official role as second wife people werent happy about it?
Yes! definitely Humera. Especially the Royal Family.
Old 08-22-2005, 04:11 AM
Courtier

Can someone shed light on what happen with the ex-2nd wife that led to the divorce?
Old 08-22-2005, 06:48 PM
Courtier

Why did he get married again??.....!
Old 08-22-2005, 09:37 PM
Commoner

another pic
Attached Images

Old 08-22-2005, 10:50 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliza
Can someone shed light on what happen with the ex-2nd wife that led to the divorce?
I don't think a reason was given. He just announced it. Rumors were going around that they were seperated, she was stripped of all of her titles.

Old 08-22-2005, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator

If you go through the Bruneian media, you'd never think the sultan had just married. This story's obviously being kept out of the press because the sultan wants it that way.
Im guessing his new wife will live at the royal palace?